Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Mom asks militant son to die rather than surrender

In an attempt to discourage militants from surrendering at the behest of their parents’ emotional pleas, separatists in Kashmir circulated an audio of a mother urging her son to die fighting security forces rather than give up. The recorded audio clip, which went viral, is a last phone conversation between a mother and her militant son who was killed in an encounter with security forces at Qazigund area in Kulgam district of south Kashmir on Saturday.

Reports said Zahid Ahmad Mir alias Hashim was a 16-year-old who joined Hizbul Mujahideen terror group two years ago. A resident of Okey in Kulgam, Mir was involved in the killing of policeman Fayaz Ahmad on Eid ul Azha last month.

During the phone call, Mir informs his mother that the superintendent of police had asked him and four other militants trapped in a house to surrender. “SP has been trying to persuade us to surrender, but we won’t,” Zahid is heard telling his mother.

Unlike other Kashmiri parents who generally ask their militant children to surrender and return home, Zahid’s mother encourages him to embrace “martyrdom”. “No, no, why will you surrender? Tell him you will not surrender…If you get chance to flee, flee. But, do not even think of surrendering,” she is heard saying.

In the nine-minute-long audio clip, the mother also asks him about the owner of the house, “Is the owner strong or weak? What is he asking? Ask him whether you can fight from his house or not?” In a firm voice, she tells her son, “You have chosen the path of God and you have taken up arms for God. May your martyrdom be accepted,” adding, “You were entrusted to me from God, so I am sending you back to Him. May He accept your sacrifice. May you succeed in your mission. May God give you courage.”

During the conversation, the mother remains stoic while a young voice, presumably her daughter, breaks down. But all the family members whom Zahid spoke to on phone, supported his “martyrdom.”

ADGP (law & order) Munir Khan told media that it was a one-off thing. “In most cases, the families ask us to motivate their sons to surrender but this seems to be a new strategy of militants to circulate such clips on social media,” he said. J&K police always offers local militants a chance to surrender and in most operations, seek the help of families to persuade their sons to yield. “But we are not always successful,” Khan said.

https://epaper.timesgroup.com/Olive/ODN/TimesOfIndia/?olv-cache-ver=20180917041735#

This turd must have been an unemployed, useless and illegitimate son of this Kashmiri whore who anyway had no love lost for him and smelled an opportunity to score brownie points to be seen as a mother of a 'martyr' fighting for Allah and so called 'azadi' for Kashmir! What better publicity than this?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
In the nine-minute-long audio clip, the mother also asks him about the owner of the house, “Is the owner strong or weak? What is he asking? Ask him whether you can fight from his house or not?”
This part is interesting...

Army should seriously consider regularly shelling the whole houses to dust with 120mm mortars, on exact identification, instead of risking an assault or gunfight.

Had anybody ever tried lobbing tear-gas shells filled with chloroform instead?

Last edited:

Flame Thrower

Army should seriously consider regularly shelling the whole houses to dust with 120mm mortars, instead of risking an assault or gunfight.

I always thought of this, but I don't think chloroform can be used as aerosol or the entire room will have it's effects.

If there is something possible, I'd love the idea and want our forces to use it. Capture every idiot, don't kill them.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Mom asks militant son to die rather than surrender

In an attempt to discourage militants from surrendering at the behest of their parents’ emotional pleas, separatists in Kashmir circulated an audio of a mother urging her son to die fighting security forces rather than give up. The recorded audio clip, which went viral, is a last phone conversation between a mother and her militant son who was killed in an encounter with security forces at Qazigund area in Kulgam district of south Kashmir on Saturday.

Reports said Zahid Ahmad Mir alias Hashim was a 16-year-old who joined Hizbul Mujahideen terror group two years ago. A resident of Okey in Kulgam, Mir was involved in the killing of policeman Fayaz Ahmad on Eid ul Azha last month.

During the phone call, Mir informs his mother that the superintendent of police had asked him and four other militants trapped in a house to surrender. “SP has been trying to persuade us to surrender, but we won’t,” Zahid is heard telling his mother.

Unlike other Kashmiri parents who generally ask their militant children to surrender and return home, Zahid’s mother encourages him to embrace “martyrdom”. “No, no, why will you surrender? Tell him you will not surrender…If you get chance to flee, flee. But, do not even think of surrendering,” she is heard saying.

In the nine-minute-long audio clip, the mother also asks him about the owner of the house, “Is the owner strong or weak? What is he asking? Ask him whether you can fight from his house or not?” In a firm voice, she tells her son, “You have chosen the path of God and you have taken up arms for God. May your martyrdom be accepted,” adding, “You were entrusted to me from God, so I am sending you back to Him. May He accept your sacrifice. May you succeed in your mission. May God give you courage.”

During the conversation, the mother remains stoic while a young voice, presumably her daughter, breaks down. But all the family members whom Zahid spoke to on phone, supported his “martyrdom.”

ADGP (law & order) Munir Khan told media that it was a one-off thing. “In most cases, the families ask us to motivate their sons to surrender but this seems to be a new strategy of militants to circulate such clips on social media,” he said. J&K police always offers local militants a chance to surrender and in most operations, seek the help of families to persuade their sons to yield. “But we are not always successful,” Khan said.

https://epaper.timesgroup.com/Olive/ODN/TimesOfIndia/?olv-cache-ver=20180917041735#

This turd must have been an unemployed, useless and illegitimate son of this Kashmiri whore who anyway had no love lost for him and smelled an opportunity to score brownie points to be seen as a mother of a 'martyr' fighting for Allah and so called 'azadi' for Kashmir! What better publicity than this?

Good. That way we don't have to pay tax payers money to feed him in jail.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
I can't differentiate the Ghataks from SF.
Which pics show Ghatak and which show SF?
See some guys are using old 1974 model helmets ( which I never seen with SF since many years ) & some are wearing new MKU helmets which are issued to infantry/RR and not SF. SF had received different ACHs 2-3 years ago. Guys with PKM are most probably SF. Talking about vests & BPJs ,it's too complicated coz most of them are not wearing same ones.

12arya

Country flag
Pakistan troops slit BSF jawan's throat; high alert sounded along border

Pakistani troops have slit the throat of a BSF jawan along the international border (IB) near Jammu, an incident that may further escalate the tension between the two countries.

The brutal and "unprecedented" incident that took place in the Ramgarh sector on Tuesday has prompted the security forces to issue a "high alert" across the entire IB and the Line of Control (LoC) even as the Border Security Force has lodged a strong complaint with its counterparts -- the Pakistan Rangers.

Official sources said the body of Head Constable Narender Kumar also bore three bullet wounds and it could only be retrieved from a spot ahead of the India-Pakistan fence after over six hours as the Pakistani side "did not respond" to the calls to maintain the sanctity of the frontier and ensure that the BSF search parties were not fired upon.

The Pakistan Rangers, the sources said, was asked to take part in a joint patrolling to trace the missing jawan, but they only came up to a point and cited waterlogging issues in the area that prevented them from undertaking a coordinated action.

The BSF then waited for the sun to set and launched a "risky operation" to bring the jawan's body back to the post.

Officials in the security establishment said the incident of brutality with the jawan, probably a first at the IB, was taken "very seriously" by the government and the Ministry of External Affairs and the Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) were also expected to take up the issue with their Pakistani counterparts.

Border Securty Force (BSF) has raised the issue of killing of its jawan with the Pakistan Rangers at the sector lev… https://t.co/FK0i3WhUq6

— ANI (@ani) 1537347328000

They said since the BSF patrol party that went ahead of the fence to cut the tall "sarkanda" grass to clear the field was first fired upon at 10.40 am on Tuesday, hectic phone calls and communication exchanges went on throughout the day from the Indian side to across the border in order to locate the body of the jawan, who was first declared missing.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag

Army should seriously consider regularly shelling the whole houses to dust with 120mm mortars, on exact identification, instead of risking an assault or gunfight.

Of course we blast the houses where terrorists hide. My battalion was the first to fire rocket launchers in 1990 and use explosives to destroy houses where militants were holed up in spite of strict instructions from HQ 15 Corps not to use such weapons/tactics due to collateral damage. The corps commander, Lt Gen Zakki a hard taskmaster was aghast when he came to know that we had destroyed a house by rocket launchers!

We were informed he was coming and I thought that's the end of the line for me. Pack your bags buddy and be ready to go home, I thought! But when he arrived and saw the dead bodies of four terrorists we had killed lying on the ground sheet with their weapons and other paraphernalia beside them and no collateral damage, he instead of sacking me nodded his head in approval and gave me a 'shabash', smiled and returned to his HQ!!

Orders were subsequently issued by the corps HQ that RLs and explosives may be used in exceptional circumstances to demolish houses where terrorists were taking cover. So it stands as of today.

Here are a couple of videos of houses being blasted where terrorists were holed up....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles