Indian Army: News and Discussion

rvats

Contributor
Contributor
Country flag
Pakistan Army Primer -
- This is the first episode of a series which will explore the Pakistan Army in detail.
- In this episode of The Perspective, we see the geographical spread of Pakistan Army nine Corps HQs, and their underlying armored, mechanized, infantry, light infantry and artillery divisions.
- Pakistan Army is a large standing army with ~560,000 troops and equal number of manpower in reserve. - It is organized into nine Corps and three Corps equivalent formations.
- The army has more than 2,000 main battle tanks, and considerable mechanized infantry and artillery assets.

Do have a look and share your feedback.

The Shrike

Country flag
Doesn't make for pleasent reading.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
it's better to do this assessment after the end of next fiscal, provided there are no more chinese virus related disruptions next fiscal.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Pakistan Army Primer -
- This is the first episode of a series which will explore the Pakistan Army in detail.
- In this episode of The Perspective, we see the geographical spread of Pakistan Army nine Corps HQs, and their underlying armored, mechanized, infantry, light infantry and artillery divisions.
- Pakistan Army is a large standing army with ~560,000 troops and equal number of manpower in reserve. - It is organized into nine Corps and three Corps equivalent formations.
- The army has more than 2,000 main battle tanks, and considerable mechanized infantry and artillery assets.

Do have a look and share your feedback.
A failed bankrupt nation having much bigger army than their geographical area a perfect recipe for disaster. It's good most of their budget is sucked in defense with no visible outcomes.

arkos

Country flag
"Just reflect. If we had the clairvoyance of battlefield surveillance in depth and adequate long-range firepower at our beck and call, Galwan would not have happened at all!"

How will any of that have any prevented Galwan ?

itsAurea

Country flag
This forum news and discussion was posted in 2009. Such a long time ago, isn't it? Anyway, I got hooked with the discussion and it seemed that the flow of the messages was cut. I am interested in what happened after when .v0id said on March 9, 2009 that the NSG focused on heliborne ops? Like, was it successful? Did the military benefit from them? Plus, what is the update with Tauquir? I am also not sure if the person I think I know regarding the name is right. Correct me if I am wrong, but is he the Pakistani former military officer and administrator who was also the Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) between 1999 and 2003. And if my memory serves me right, the lieutenant general served as Director General Military Operations during the Kargil War in 1999 with India.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Army, IAF select Saab's AT4 anti-tank single-shot weapon system; can be used against enemy choppers, installations
New Delhi:
The Indian armed forces have selected Saab’s AT4 anti-tank single-shot weapon. In a press release, Saab India said that the weapon system has been selected by the Indian Armed forces through a competitive programme for a single-shot weapon.

AT4 will be used by the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force, Saab India said. According to the company, the AT4CS AST can be fired from confined spaces such as buildings, bunkers and urban environments. The contract to supply the weapon system to the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force was signed by FFV Ordnance AB.

"We are honoured that the Indian Armed Forces, which are already users of our Carl-Gustaf system, have also selected Saab for their single-shot weapon need. The Indian Army and Indian Air Force can be confident in the knowledge that they have the necessary firepower to give them the advantage," Görgen Johansson, head of Saab's business area Dynamics was quoted as saying in the press release.

Can be used to engage armoured vehicles, enemy choppers
Claimed to be a popular support weapon, AT4 can be operated by a single soldier and can be effectively used to engage enemy choppers, armoured vehicles, personnel as well as water platforms and structures. The 84-mm warhead is effective against enemy installations and platforms.

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag
Though not army related, but from yesterday evening getting high and heavy rumbling sound like we locals used to hear some 20 years( then while doing very low altitude flypass, could even see pilot helmet when they started rolling at 300 to 500 ft Hight!! ) ago near Kharagpur / Midnapur ( it is very near to Kalaikunda Airbase!!) . Felt it at least 10 times!!! is the airforce honing their bombing skills again?
Just curious..

Bhaubai

Country flag
Though not army related, but from yesterday evening getting high and heavy rumbling sound like we locals used to hear some 20 years( then while doing very low altitude flypass, could even see pilot helmet when they started rolling at 300 to 500 ft Hight!! ) ago near Kharagpur / Midnapur ( it is very near to Kalaikunda Airbase!!) . Felt it at least 10 times!!! is the airforce honing their bombing skills again?
Just curious..
modiji ne pok jane ki permession de di shayad uski training hogi

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Just curious..
Can confirm theatre-level preparation/war exercises are going on for IAF. Might be routine TBH, happens once a year to keep our skills sharp.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles