Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
IMG_0718.jpeg
Because the dumdums haven't figured out about extending your support arm, placing your thumb over the bore and then locking the elbow and wrist to mitigate recoil. So they keep the relaxed support arm near the magwell and then complain about the recoil. Absolutely no effort is paid to properly train troops for the weapon. - "Here's the rifle, go figure it out".
But this is not entirely on the troops. This is the first time army got a standard issue rifle with a full length handguard. They are not used, to be able to utilize the extra acres of space on the rifle. Atleast they stopped extending the shooting hand as if the rifle didn't have a pistol grip.
View attachment 254854View attachment 254855
And went the proper way.
View attachment 254856 \
But even here, you see even the aftermarket FAB crap we buy don't come with a full length handguard rail. Although, soldiers with a shorter forearm can work with these short handguards. But still the muzzle end sits too far away from the final grip position and makes it suboptimal.
View attachment 254858
And sad part is they are doing regular exercises with armies which uses C-clamp and still we are not absorbing the fact that c-clamp is better than mag grip and when they try to do c-clamp for the first time we get images like this it’s a fkin waste to rant about this because they constantly claim how they are learning and trying to absorb new tactics but in reality they are not learning shit other than new ways to fill their pockets up.

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
And this is why I'm coming around to see the selection of the Tavor/X-95 to be a good decision. Considering the average physique of Indian soldiers. Yes the old Tar-21/SARs can't side mount much because the charging handle extends all the way to the front, yes every time the barrel needs servicing, the top rail needs to come out too and be re-zeroed. And the awkward trigger guard makes shooting from a support surface annoying (the X-95 solves these grievances). But still to the Indian users they are damn fine manageable rifles, and once you train for the bullpup layout, their pros outweigh the cons.
View attachment 254860
Although the older models have awkward slippery handguards. And are better replaced with a forward grip. Which is why you see many soldiers gripping the trigger guard instead (when not issued a forward grip).
Iam always against bullpups and one fine example of that is that even the Israelis are ditching them and going towards arads and m4s while we are still buying more and more

airborneCommando

Country flag
And this is why I'm coming around to see the selection of the Tavor/X-95 to be a good decision. Considering the average physique of Indian soldiers. Yes the old Tar-21/SARs can't side mount much because the charging handle extends all the way to the front, yes every time the barrel needs servicing, the top rail needs to come out too and be re-zeroed. And the awkward trigger guard makes shooting from a support surface annoying (the X-95 solves these grievances). But still to the Indian users they are damn fine manageable rifles, and once you train for the bullpup layout, their pros outweigh the cons.
View attachment 254860
Although the older models have awkward slippery handguards. And are better replaced with a forward grip. Which is why you see many soldiers gripping the trigger guard instead (when not issued a forward grip).
An x-95 end user here who was previously issued AK pattern rifles, The bullpup design feels like an extension to your arm and helps in one handed/pistol like operation alot of the times since our job requires that sometimes (think about covert/vehicle borne operations). Idk about armed forces' SOF units, haven't given it much of a thought, but long ago I saw this one video (ig posted by agilite) in which a Shayetet 13 operator was telling about how good x-95s are with the 9mm conversion kits during shipboarding/goplat operations.

Cheran

Country flag
Guy walks into a bar, shoots DJ

1716803977514.png

Is it a "country" gun?

Looks well built.

• Angry
Reactions: SKC

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Thank god we have strict gun laws.
Only For common ppl to get their asses rocked and can’t defend their own family and themselves yeah great laws if a criminal wants a gun to murder its not at all tough I get the whole we don’t want to become US thing but atleast they can protect themselves during an attack(my opinion)

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Only For common ppl to get their asses rocked and can’t defend their own family and themselves yeah great laws if a criminal wants a gun to murder its not at all tough I get the whole we don’t want to become US thing but atleast they can protect themselves during an attack(my opinion)
I works for police.If we give guns to every tom dick and harry then there will be gunshots coming from every home.All the current menaces can be controlled the law enforcement agencies took strict preventive actions .If we give guns to common folks most of whom are basically immature the shootings will be a common thing .The level of untest you could do with knives machetes and other crude weapons is limited but getting guns to every tom dick and harry is another thing.In my state guns in the hands of people are very rare and most of the guns are not renewed and many are lying in string rooms,but recently the drug mafias gets guns from up and bigar for 30-50k and shootings is increasing day by day and this js a matter of grave concern unlike earlier times.

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I works for police.If we give guns to every tom dick and harry then there will be gunshots coming from every home.All the current menaces can be controlled the law enforcement agencies took strict preventive actions .If we give guns to common folks most of whom are basically immature the shootings will be a common thing .The level of untest you could do with knives machetes and other crude weapons is limited but getting guns to every tom dick and harry is another thing.In my state guns in the hands of people are very rare and most of the guns are not renewed and many are lying in string rooms,but recently the drug mafias gets guns from up and bigar for 30-50k and shootings is increasing day by day and this js a matter of grave concern unlike earlier times.
What if we give guns after tests and confirmations?You can’t convince me enough that self defence is not my right recently the burglars have started killing the families after robbing them and you are telling me that we just stand there and take it like an idiot and in the end police doesn’t even catch them yeah good fairy tale.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
What if we give guns after tests and confirmations?You can’t convince me enough that self defence is not my right recently the burglars have started killing the families after robbing them and you are telling me that we just stand there and take it like an idiot and in the end police doesn’t even catch them yeah good fairy tale.
Brother we comes from different states so my perception and yours may vary .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles