Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

sorcerer

Country flag
IAF chief BS Dhanoa embarks on four-day visit to Russia
NEW DELHI: Indian Air Force (IAF) chief Birender Singh Dhanoa on Monday embarked on a four-day bilateral visit to Russia beginning tomorrow.

During the visit which will last till July 12, Air Chief Marshal Dhanoa is scheduled to visit various operational and training units as well as fly a sortie in Russian trainer aircraft YAK-130, a Defence Ministry statement said.

Russian Aircraft Corporation "MiG" is a contender in the IAF's multi-billion dollar 114 fighter aircraft programme.
The Russian company is fielding its MiG-35 fighter jet which is pitted against American F-16, F-18A, Saab's Gripen and French Rafale jets.

arya

Country flag
NEW DELHI: Indian Air Force (IAF) chief Birender Singh Dhanoa on Monday embarked on a four-day bilateral visit to Russia beginning tomorrow.

During the visit which will last till July 12, Air Chief Marshal Dhanoa is scheduled to visit various operational and training units as well as fly a sortie in Russian trainer aircraft YAK-130, a Defence Ministry statement said.

Russian Aircraft Corporation "MiG" is a contender in the IAF's multi-billion dollar 114 fighter aircraft programme.
The Russian company is fielding its MiG-35 fighter jet which is pitted against American F-16, F-18A, Saab's Gripen and French Rafale jets.

I hope he will fly SU57 , i hope he can say to govt we need 5 th gen planes and we need it dam urgently , i hope he has guts as like gen manekshaw showed to indra ghandi

DG7867

Country flag

I guess he's there to seal mig 29 deal....

DG7867

Country flag
I think Russia will not deny if he want to fly the best bird in sky . he should show some dare & should fly su57
I think money's also a problem here.. IAF may not have enough money to fuel its extra development

arya

Country flag
I think money's also a problem here.. IAF may not have enough money to fuel its extra development

Its not about money its about india security and politician are not responsible for nation security its our forces & our chiefs .

As a air chief he has to act like Gen Manekshaw and tell govt babus we need them .

DG7867

Country flag
Its not about money its about india security and politician are not responsible for nation security its our forces & our chiefs .

As a air chief he has to act like Gen Manekshaw and tell govt babus we need them .
right now iaf has following major acquisitions in its plate:
-Rafale acquisition
-Super sukhoi upgrade
-LCA Mk1a & MK2 development
-114 MRCA acquisition
If IAF were to go ahead with Pakfa program, they will have to sacrifice one of the above.. in my opinion they did not have extra money to add to development.. since pakfa's engines aren't ready.. if they had money, one of fgfa prototypes should hve been ready by now, since russia's developing the prototypes.

sorcerer

Country flag
I think Russia will not deny if he want to fly the best bird in sky . he should show some dare & should fly su57
The other problem is Russians selling it to china and that puts the asymmetry we maintain into quechen.
Maintaining SUPERIOR TECHNICAL ASYMMETRY is the reason why......we are looking at USA, FRANCE , Israel and others..

arya

Country flag
The other problem is Russians selling it to china and that puts the asymmetry we maintain into quechen.
Maintaining SUPERIOR TECHNICAL ASYMMETRY is the reason why......we are looking at USA, FRANCE , Israel and others..

Sorry but poor excuse , you must be agree we have only 2 option either su 57 or f35 & well su 57 is the best one because of cost and our relation with russia .

we should buy f21 from & attack drones from USA but not F 35

arya

Country flag
right now iaf has following major acquisitions in its plate:
-Rafale acquisition
-Super sukhoi upgrade
-LCA Mk1a & MK2 development
-114 MRCA acquisition
If IAF were to go ahead with Pakfa program, they will have to sacrifice one of the above.. in my opinion they did not have extra money to add to development.. since pakfa's engines aren't ready.. if they had money, one of fgfa prototypes should hve been ready by now, since russia's developing the prototypes.
well i feel something is very very wrong , may be its Chinese & Pakistan hands in our system who is making our air force weak day by day , if you will see from last 20 years our airforce is like a old man we are lossing our numbers while china helped Pakistan and today Pakistan is in good shape .

some one should cll for some serious inquiry why & who is stooping to give more strength to IAF .

Yes we need new engine for Su30 mki from russia and that must provide higer speed then su35 . Well i think we should not give full 114 planes order under MMRCA , we should give order for 5 Sq and rest money should be spent on 5th gen SU 57

arya

Country flag
If IAF buy 5 th gen planes in 2030 then its just waste of money because i think china will make his 6 th gen planes in 2030 .

Try to invest in current time

sorcerer

Country flag
Sorry but poor excuse , you must be agree we have only 2 option either su 57 or f35 & well su 57 is the best one because of cost and our relation with russia .

we should buy f21 from & attack drones from USA but not F 35
TECHNICAL ASSYMETRY is not Poor Excuse I guess!
them men in Uniform on our side wants to maintain that at all costs!

but yeah..what ever floats or bloats

arya

Country flag
See the video

30 words ....................................

Filtercoffee

Country flag
F-15 SE is the only logical choice for the MMRCA program. Its a Boeing and we are getting the latest AH-64 Apache block 3, Chinooks, and if further ordered P-8I Neptune maritime aircraft just for a larger and much more gratifying surveillance confirmation. I know they are the only US company that will not have a tot problem later in the future after induction if chosen. The Saudis recently choose them in sheer number because of their air superiority tag. The rest are not a strong choice, even the Rafale isnt rated better then the new F-15 SE Silent Eagle with semi stealth. They even have a stealth variant called then (before Boeing took control of MDC I believe)the MDC Manx back in the year 1996 AD. Even the official I. N. presentation for the Vikrant 2 has F-15s as the fighter compliment. The design is called the Sea Eagle. They actually offered it to the U. S. N. which choose the Hornet. I know there is commanality between the LCA and the F-18 E/F (If chosen) due to the same engines used in both but the Eagle is a far superior fighter against all the rest of the western 4th generation aircraft. The choice again is 4 apparently ++ generation MMRCA.

Last edited:

sathya

Country flag
Su 57 is not ready, we ll discuss only if it gets ready..

Budget capex doesn't even cater for previous committed liabilities.

So NO new acquisition this year..
Mostly will be MoU this year..

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
IAF, French Air Force fighter pilots take selfies while flying Rafale, Sukhoi Su-30 MKI jets

The IAF and French Armée de l'Air tweeted photos of the pilots in the Rafale and Su-30 MKI aircraft during the exercise.

Indian Air Force (IAF) and its French counterpart Armée de l'Air are practising their war-waging skills at the Garuda VI exercise in France. As part of the exercise, IAF fighter pilots have flown the French Rafale jets while the Armée de l'Air personnel have taken to the skies in India's Sukhoi Su-30 MKI aircraft.

Both IAF and Armée de l'Air pilots took selfies while flying in the Rafale and Su-30 MKI jets during the July 1-14 exercise taking place at France's Mont-de-Marsan Air Base. IAF fighter pilot Squadron Leader Sourabh Ambure flew in the Rafale aircraft while a French pilot was in the Su-30 MKI during one of the air drills.

The IAF and French Armée de l'Air tweeted photos of the pilots in the Rafale and Su-30 MKI aircraft during the exercise. According to the IAF, Garuda VI's objective is to share good practices, to enhance interoperability and cooperation between the Indian and French air forces.

https://zeenews.india.com/india/iaf...ing-rafale-sukhoi-su-30-mki-jets-2217549.html

arya

Country flag
Su 57 is not ready, we ll discuss only if it gets ready..

Budget capex doesn't even cater for previous committed liabilities.

So NO new acquisition this year..
Mostly will be MoU this year..

I didn't know president putin wrote a secret letter to you that SU57 is not ready. your language showing you are a govt babu .

Yes i accept defence budget is short but IAF has to tell govt you have to increase budget we donot know how will govt do but IAF need 5th gen planes if govt cant buy then give us in written paper .

As news coming from Russia they are also ready to work on FGFA .

Nothing is important then national security & we cant allow our politician to play with nation security

arya

Country flag
As news coming from russia they are ready to resume FGFA

FactsPlease

Country flag
I didn't know president putin wrote a secret letter to you that SU57 is not ready. your language showing you are a govt babu .
Yes i accept defence budget is short but IAF has to tell govt you have to increase budget we donot know how will govt do but IAF need 5th gen planes if govt cant buy then give us in written paper .
As news coming from Russia they are also ready to work on FGFA .
Nothing is important then national security & we cant allow our politician to play with nation security
I agree. Moreover, there is NO sign that IAF and India Govt made up their mind about the solution - NOT just choosing one simple platform, but a strategic thought about next step (other than AMCA, perhaps). Not many choices and all available ones, even temporary, got various concerns - from potential sanctions, long timeline, to investment risk. Partly why members on this forum also got very different perspectives which one to go. A tough decision ahead, no doubt.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles