Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

no smoking

Country flag
Considering that France never made any fighter jets before, completing the rafale in 15 years with all radars and other things,
Are you sure?
Mirgae III, Mirage 2000, Mirage 4000, the list goes on and on.
They have been developing their own fighter jet since ww1.

India which has experience in LCA
Very limited, better than zero. But still very limited.

Vijyes

Yes, I know he was talking about India.

Unless you believes LCA is developed from scratch and copying/xeroxing can produce a 5-gen fighter.
I don't understand what you want to say. Was LCA a copy of anything else? Which plane has the aerodynamically unstable airframe similar to LCA? Rest radars etc can be indigenous. Only problem was engine and that seems to be getting resolved. Engine is everything. If Kaveri is done, consider the AMCA to also be almost done

Horushmar.

I don't understand what you want to say. Was LCA a copy of anything else? Which plane has the aerodynamically unstable airframe similar to LCA? Rest radars etc can be indigenous. Only problem was engine and that seems to be getting resolved. Engine is everything. If Kaveri is done, consider the AMCA to also be almost done
I think he meant to say that developing the LCA or kaveri is very different from making a full 5th gen
aircraft from scratch.Stealth tech ain't easy.:)

Vijyes

I think he meant to say that developing the LCA or kaveri is very different from making a full 5th gen
aircraft from scratch.Stealth tech ain't easy.:)
Yes, stealth technology is not easy but India has designed the same with Russian FGFA too. The engine and avionics may be indigenous but the concept of design has been shared between Russia and India. So, stealth technology is already with India. Now there needs to be a stealth paint. Russia is apparently using a special nose that clouds the radar signature which I am not sure if India will use or not. Even UTTAM radar is making good progress and is likely to incorporate foreign technologies from israel or USA. With Kaveri engine, Uttam and stealth paint, it should be easy work

kunal1123

Country flag
Yes, stealth technology is not easy but India has designed the same with Russian FGFA too. The engine and avionics may be indigenous but the concept of design has been shared between Russia and India. So, stealth technology is already with India. Now there needs to be a stealth paint. Russia is apparently using a special nose that clouds the radar signature which I am not sure if India will use or not. Even UTTAM radar is making good progress and is likely to incorporate foreign technologies from israel or USA. With Kaveri engine, Uttam and stealth paint, it should be easy work
i don't think that there is lot of help from fgfa part , remember india started working on stealth concept way back dated to 2002 when mca concept came out.
fgfa talk started around 2010 and mca is slow turn into amca with more stealthy design......

Alok Arya

Country flag
What stealth means to air craft
1. External shaping of air frame including avoiding of round reflective surface , blending of wings to body , shaping of margins of overall air frame including wings to avoid reflection .
2. Frequency selective radom which pass only selective frequency to exterior and absorb rest so hide radar as a reflective surface .
3. Shaping of canopy and application of special layer in canopy so visible spectrum can pass through it but rest of electromagnetic spectrum is get absorbed so no reflection of radar wave .
4. Hiding of fan blade from radar wave by serpentine intake .
5. Engine bay cooling to decrease IR signature of exhaust .
6. Use of special composite material to make external surface non reflective to radar wave .
7. Use of radar absorbing paint to external parts where composite surface can not be applied .

Alok Arya

Country flag
External shaping of AMCA has been done .
Special intake to hide fan blade is there .
Composite material and special carbon nano material to decrease radar reflection is there .

Work is there for
Frequency selective radom.
Canopy shaping and special coat in canopy .
Radar absorbing material.

Engine bay cooling and engine work is in progress .

This all from net .
Any one want to contribute/correct is most welcome with thanks in advance .

Vijyes

External shaping of AMCA has been done .
Special intake to hide fan blade is there .
Composite material and special carbon nano material to decrease radar reflection is there .

Work is there for
Frequency selective radom.
Canopy shaping and special coat in canopy .
Radar absorbing material.

Engine bay cooling and engine work is in progress .

This all from net .
Any one want to contribute/correct is most welcome with thanks in advance .
The frequency selective Radom has been incorporated in FGFA (which I mentioned as special nose). The engine and cooling will be easy after kaveri is completed which is the hard part. Canopy shaping also can be copied from FGFA

Alok Arya

Country flag
The frequency selective Radom has been incorporated in FGFA (which I mentioned as special nose). The engine and cooling will be easy after kaveri is completed which is the hard part. Canopy shaping also can be copied from FGFA
Yes , you may be right . As India working with Russia for few of technologies that going to be in AMCA . TVC confirmed , canopy , radar absorbing material and radom are perhaps . Can you have any link for same . I could not find it , however I searched it on net .

Vijyes

Yes , you may be right . As India working with Russia for few of technologies that going to be in AMCA . TVC confirmed , canopy , radar absorbing material and radom are perhaps . Can you have any link for same . I could not find it , however I searched it on net .
Here is a link for the special plasma torch on the nose of Russian 5th gen (PAK-FA/FGFA/T50)
http://www.theworldreporter.com/2011/11/american-stealth-fighter-f-22-vs.html

The canopy stealth can be found in Wikipedia article on Russian T50. Also see this article on stealth canopy coating which doesn't appear to be a critical and secretive technique(even LCA is going to have gold tinted canopy) :
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_canopy#Stealth_canopy

Last edited:

AnantS

Country flag
Yes, I know he was talking about India.
But your reply was more about state of chini aircraft industry

Unless you believes LCA is developed from scratch and copying/xeroxing can produce a 5-gen fighter.
I believe in facts(I understand a chini bots are not fed on diet of facts much. Forceful feeding of healthy facts by non chinese- can upset chini bots health and even make them suffer from severe bouts of verbal/written diarrhea, spewing out tons commie bulshit propaganda). And fact is LCA has been developed from scratch.

Copying & Xeroxing can definitely help a country in creating illusion of having a 5th gen plane. China has demonstrated that

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
Do they purposely give wrong images or they have no idea about Defence? @Kunal Biswas @pmaitra @bengalraider

Now '' #The_Hindu" strikes.
Jas-39 Gripen as Rafale.

Now how we can refer media as authentic source of Information when they keeps on reporting wrong info everytime ?

Meet the all new BAE Hawk Trainer.
:D

Coz An32 ki Gormint Bik gaie aur ye sab milke hamko pagal bna rahe he..

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Do they purposely give wrong images or they have no idea about Defence? @Kunal Biswas @pmaitra @bengalraider

@bhramos

Now '' #The_Hindu" strikes.
Jas-39 Gripen as Rafale.

Now how we can refer media as authentic source of Information when they keeps on reporting wrong info everytime ?

Meet the all new BAE Hawk Trainer.
:D

Coz An32 ki Gormint Bik gaie aur ye sab milke hamko pagal bna rahe he..
@bhramos

Defence related reporting in india atrocious to put it mildly
The journos do it for the heck of it "because they have to
When I read a defence related in the so called "national newspapers "
I feel like paraphrasing the late Field Marshall General Sam Manikshaw's famous discription of the Indian Political elite

"I wonder whether those of our journalist who have been put in charge of the defence reporting of the country can distinguish a mortar from a motor; a gun from a howitzer; a guerrilla from a gorilla, although a great many resemble the latter."

I know i am party to scareligious herassy on my part but i do pary that the havenly general would forgive me for this minior tresspassing

AnantS

Country flag
@bhramos

Defence related reporting in india atrocious to put it mildly
The journos do it for the heck of it "because they have to
When I read a defence related in the so called "national newspapers "
I feel like paraphrasing the late Field Marshall General Sam Manikshaw's famous discription of the Indian Political elite

"I wonder whether those of our journalist who have been put in charge of the defence reporting of the country can distinguish a mortar from a motor; a gun from a howitzer; a guerrilla from a gorilla, although a great many resemble the latter."

I know i am party to scareligious herassy on my part but i do pary that the havenly general would forgive me for this minior tresspassing
err it was not for journalist but netas

Vijyes

if americans dump their proposal, it would lead to a single vendor situation. which is not a good thing.
I don't think if Kaveri is completed, India will buy these anyways. Once Safran completes Kaveri, India is likely to place more orders for Rafale and likely to start manufacturing of LCA Mk2 along with more vigour for AMCA

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I don't think if Kaveri is completed, India will buy these anyways. Once Safran completes Kaveri, India is likely to place more orders for Rafale and likely to start manufacturing of LCA Mk2 along with more vigour for AMCA
One more single engine fighter other than LCA is certain, the question is which one.

Planes like rafale and AMCA supplement mig-29, mig-27 and jaguars.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles