Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Super falcon

Country flag

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
In awacs section we have 3 phalcon right now 2 ordered + 6 netra 2.0 ordered
That's the only thing rest I think everything is rightly mention although assumptions
Any proper reply to this?regarding his claim that the pakistani air force will have so and so 😂 god knows from where they will get the money to buy them though.
And the comparison of Indian airforce and paf assets?
About tanker fleet the recent mou btw hal and iai is significant wrt mrtt as Air India planes will be transferred to mrtt

anirban8

Country flag
Well, I think this is an established fact that our fighter squadrons will be down for the rest of this decade and that is the reason I think S-400 and Rafale have been acquired. I can only say this ... think of the positives, yes we will have low number of fighter squadrons for this decade but we are simultaneously investing in 3 fighter programs even if one of them is highly successful then we are set to rival China in air power in the next decade.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
From the link.

Its Raining F-35 offers to India After Japanese Think tank now British defense publication claims that India is silently negotiating with the American government for the purchase of F-35 jet fighter jets and now another west backed publication has claimed that India will be offered a Heavy modified F-35 in likes of what was given to the Israel where extensive involvement of its local defense contractor allowed F-35A to be called as F-35I due to significant country-specific modifications.

Indian specific version won’t be merely Indian additional weapons but also the addition of Indian electronic warfare system but also deep access to the avionics modifications including its present software suite that will allow India to upgrade systems and weapons without the need for American permission.

Publications claim that India will be supplied F-35 in a complete knock-down (CKD) and will get country-specific modifications and enhancements by the selected local partner of Lockheed Martin in India before it is delivered to India.

In 2021, Lockheed delivered 142 F-35s and is ramping up production to hit a max of 156 jets a year by 2023. Lockheed Martin is trying to hit a base unit cost of $77 Million for F-35A that will make it cheaper than many of the 4.5Gen fighters that are offered to India under MRFA tender for 114 jets but F-35A still has unusually high operating per hour costs that will make Indian Air Force wary of F-35A.

Indian ADA along with HAL already has started manufacturing components for the prototype of India’s 5.5gen AMCA fighter jet that it plans to roll out by 2024 and conclude its first flight by 2025 and enter production by 2030. Hoards of F-35 articles mainly by Western-backed Publications and off late Lockheed Martin going silent of its F-16V offer to India under MRFA seems to be targeted lobbying that is going on at the International level.

Disclaimer :
Articles published under ” MY TAKE ” are articles written by Guest Writers and Opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. IDRW.ORG is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of IDRW.ORG and IDRW.ORG does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same. article is for information purposes only and not intended to constitute professional advice .

Dude this is basically published under MY TAKE. Please provide official statements either from LM or US DOD or Indian MOD. Even few days back under this same MY TAKE some one claimed Russia is offering TU - 160 to India.

All this think tanks who think this type of weird things while sitting in Bathroom.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
Nobody is buying F 35. It's just some articles that tactically came out once news broke out of AMCA's bulkhead metal cutting. F 35 costs 35,000 dollars ( aprox 30 lakhs ) to operate it for 1 hour. The IAF chap who will go with such a proposal to Finance Ministry will be Agni-5ied by babus

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
now 2 ordered ?? when ??
you missed 3 netra 1.0 upg.
2 phalcons order was a famous news even in this forum

johnj

2 phalcons order was a famous news even in this forum
I'm reading these for a long time, about more than a decade, with out any results. I believe when they land on India.
The main reason why more[2] phalcon not happening is due to the cost of il76, from a very old article.
Also il76 is not as reliable like others.
Also israel offered aerial tanker kits a decade back.

daya

Country flag
Do we really need all this material? No.. Not at all... China le raha hai aur ham chup chap baithe hain, baithe rahenge... saala Srilanka aur bangladesh - nepal tak aankh dikha dete hain to kya use hai in duniya bhar ki cheezon ka... Salary aur perks badhate raho.. nayi post create karte raho.. cadre restructure kar do... \Kargil me LOC paar nahi karenge.. IAF udhar nahi jayegi.. Galwan ke baad ham taiyar nahi hain chinese ke against.. ghanta.. ye kharid lo. wo kharid lo...mauj karo...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles