Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Nirbhay on C295? Why the hell would we put CM on a medium cargo plane? How would we carry it? How will we deliver it?

Do you think you can trust Russians?

Don't be naive. In international diplomacy, no one trusts another. Heck, during cold war era KGB had more spies than CIA in India! Also it was in Tashkand in USSR we lost one PM who could have led the nation away from the family run business.

In the high table of international interest, only the stupid trusts another.
Course. They act to their own interests. India has to check to whoms interest we align better. That's the reason we buy equipment from US. But US has proven again and again they will leave people high and dry. And US having information we won't know when they will play us. I am saying Russia is lesser evil than US. Russia atleast allows our own equipment in their systems. US doesn't allow that. So which one will you go?

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You forgot upgraded jaguars , tejas better than hurjet etc .
Mirage 2000 i upgrade also
The Mirage 2000 is the focus of our discussion. We finally found that India has upgraded about 10 aircraft, and the Mirage 2000 that airstrikes Pakistan has not been upgraded. As for the LCA, we think it is inferior to the Mirage 2000-5, so we did not discuss it.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What else that hump would be?
Radar is Zhuk Me
EW is D29
Its the best Mig 29 out there( except Mig 29Ks)
The thing on the back is the fuel tank. The performance of the Zuka radar is also very general, and the performance of the KLJ7 of the JF17 is almost the same. The mig29 of India should be introduced in the 1980s. I doubt how much life is left.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Does anybody know what sort of components Tata manufactures for Boeing?

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
@mods time to ban his small yellow a$$
Don't be so quick in banning somebody. Like it or not, it is always good to have a window to the otherside and such handles give us that window.

These days we are too hasty in banning people, like the USAphile joker from Phillipines who had been in this forum for eons

Kartooz

Country flag
What he the Chinese person said was good for you ?
Did i say that? Where in my post did you find any kind of support for anyone. I find it absolutely disgusting that someone on this forum went through the effort of finding a picture of beheadings and then went ahead and uploaded it on a defence forum. If this is what this website stands for, then I am clearly on the wrong fucking forum.
Two wrongs will never make a right.

pipebomb

Country flag
C295 is an overall capable airplane - reliable, economical and versatile, suitable for almost all the works IAF can throw at it.
Can it carry vehicle cargo ? if not why. Is it too big of an ask. il112 or c27j surely can, what advantage c295 has over the mentioned aircrafts. Why IAF need 4 engined c-130(with significantly higher operating cost) to haul vehicle cargo

Kartooz

Country flag
Can it carry vehicle cargo ? if not why. Is it too big of an ask. il112 or c27j surely can, what advantage c295 has over the mentioned aircrafts. Why IAF need 4 engined c-130(with significantly higher operating cost) to haul vehicle cargo
Yes. If you google it, there is a picture of a light vehicle inside the c295. I would have loved to have seen the C27J in IAF colours as much as the next guy, but the reality is that C295 is more of a direct replacement to the Avros. One size doesn't fit all. They probably don't even need to use this aircraft at high altitudes. Don't see a problem with the order.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Yes. If you google it, there is a picture of a light vehicle inside the c295. I would have loved to have seen the C27J in IAF colours as much as the next guy, but the reality is that C295 is more of a direct replacement to the Avros. One size doesn't fit all. They probably don't even need to use this aircraft at high altitudes. Don't see a problem with the order.

pipebomb

Country flag
Well.
I am trying to. See how... Are we expecting these to auto fly...
We are expecting to get the maximum buck for tax payer's money. When we procure an aircraft we expect it to take on maximum number of roles. If 70 il112v or c27j and 30 odd a400m can do a job of 56 c295, 104 an32 replacement,12 c130, 17 il 76 then we why not. We save on aircraft operating cost, less pilots to feed, less maintenance staff to feed. And most importantly we do 'nyaye' with our exchequer's (i.e. middle class) money.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles