Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Can it carry vehicle cargo ? if not why. Is it too big of an ask. il112 or c27j surely can, what advantage c295 has over the mentioned aircrafts. Why IAF need 4 engined c-130(with significantly higher operating cost) to haul vehicle cargo
If you care to read the post you quoted you will know....

Economical reasons and operational.

We are doing nyay to our exchequer by buying them.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
On the contrary, preparing for a better defensive stance. No offence can be carried out from these backup runways.
Preparation of defensive stance signals we are anticipating we will be on the defensive, and that will only happen if our airbases are attacked.

So we are on the same page, we might find ourselves in a war in coming times ?

Kartooz

Country flag
Preparation of defensive stance signals we are anticipating we will be on the defensive, and that will only happen if our airbases are attacked.

Aren't we always anticipating a war with both China and Pakistan? I mean, isn't that why we are spending billions on defense.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag

Yes we might, the pakis are themselves nervous , there is no reason for them to reopen those two airfields other than operating as forward airbase and SAM sites.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Wot is happening my frands, are we seriously planning to take on Pakistan this time with full preparation or what ?
This is Nitin Gadkari being Nitin Gadkari. I don’t think there will be another politician on this planet who loves building roads, the way Nitin Gadkari does. He better explain his love for building roads in his auto biography.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Woah ! Finally, a full 2 years AFTER balakot, when the IAF was caught napping and realised it needed more AWACS ! Now how many more years till the first AWACS from this platform is actually delivered to IAF , God alone knows.....This is just clearance by CCS

Kartooz

Country flag
This is Nitin Gadkari being Nitin Gadkari. I don’t think there will be another politician on this planet who loves building roads, the way Nitin Gadkari does. He better explain his love for building roads in his auto biography.
I totally agree. I don't think something like this would have been on anyone's mind if they were handling the ministry. Gadkari is smart and dedicated.

Kartooz

Country flag
Woah ! Finally, a full 2 years AFTER balakot, when the IAF was caught napping and realised it needed more AWACS ! Now how many more years till the first AWACS from this platform is actually delivered to IAF , God alone knows.....This is just clearance by CCS
Are they all going to be A319s or are they gonna throw in some A320s as well. Cause Air India has both to spare.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
What about O F B
You mean Oh Fkng B ! Their name says it all.

In fact, I look at the Indian Forum as a joke. We all know what the Indian Air Force looks like. There is a joke in China. The biggest enemy of the Indian Air Force is not China, but Hindustan Airlines.
If its a joke, why the F are you here ? Humour in short supply in chinka land, or is it censored by CCP thugs ?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
What I have heard is that we have an excellent network of powerful ground-based radars that can scan deep into Pakistan till Rawalpindi, so we never faced a strong requirement for AWACS.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
What I have heard is that we have an excellent network of powerful ground-based radars that can scan deep into Pakistan till Rawalpindi, so we never faced a strong requirement for AWACS.
Nap of Earth flying be like: You think I am joke?
Earth's curvature has left the chat.
On a more serious note though, what is the status of DRDO HPR that was supposed to give us that capability. Have they been ordered yet?
BTW, AWACS can look down on flocks of incoming cruise missiles. Not sure if they can be used to guide SAMs for interception though. IACCS really needs a cooperative engagement capability.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Nap of Earth flying be like: You think I am joke?
Earth's curvature has left the chat.
On a more serious note though, what is the status of DRDO HPR that was supposed to give us that capability. Have they been ordered yet?
BTW, AWACS can look down on flocks of incoming cruise missiles. Not sure if they can be used to guide SAMs for interception though. IACCS really needs a cooperative engagement capability.
I should have elaborated further, by ground radars I don't mean radars only on the plains, but also on hills and mountains. Without disclosing much, we have green pine radar on Mt. Abu at around heights of 1000m above sea level directly looking into Pakistan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles