Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Religion mate Religion what else as BD slowly and fully converts into radical islamic country it has every right to hate hindoo india than hating pakistani bhai jhan ..End of the day they are all brothers ..we are the kafirs who they should get rid of this earth one day or the other....:dude:
Hmm, lets hope they come to their senses. But hypothetically, even if BD turns anti India, theres nothing much they can do.

Hindustani78

The Air Force Chief of Staff, French Air Force, General Andre Lanata meeting the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal B.S. Dhanoa, in New Delhi on February 05, 2018.

The Air Force Chief of Staff, French Air Force, General Andre Lanata inspecting the Guard of Honour, on his arrival, at Air Headquarters, in New Delhi on February 05, 2018.

The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal B.S. Dhanoa presenting a memento to the Air Force Chief of Staff, French Air Force, General Andre Lanata, in New Delhi on February 05, 2018.

Sancho

SINGAPORE AIRSHOW: X FACTOR

Towed Radio Frequency (RF) decoys have been exhibited at this year’s Singapore Air Show, held in the city between 6th to 9th February, including Rafael Advanced Defence Systems’ X-Guard...

...While confirming that the X-Guard is operational, Rafael officials demurred from stating upon which platforms, although indications on company literature that the decoy can equip Dassault Mirage-2000 and SEPECAT Jaguar family combat aircraft has resulted in speculation that it may be in service with the Indian Air Force.
www.monch.com/mpg/news/air/2782-singapore-airshow-x-factor.html

Speculation, but interesting to keep in mind when more details about the upgrades or Rafales might come up.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
F-16 Block 60, 70,72....and still bae doesn't impressed so on Valentines day you offer "V"!!!! Still she says NO

binayak95

Country flag
Same source......
However I doubt they can.
Again in name of giving India something they wanna test if Russian Airforve can use stealth version of those Su-35 instead of Frazer
Especially since the cost is so damn high, VKS has agreed to only 12 Su57.

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
Now Russia may offer stealth Su-35

So projects in our hand

Super Sukhoi Su-30MKI
Stealth Su-35 (may be)
PMF (uncertain)
AMCA
Tejas Mk II
N LCA Mk IA/II
Stealth Tejas (prospective)
Tejas Unmanned (prospective)
RUSSIANS AGAIN WANNA MILK US LIKE "SU30 MKI" THEY ARE DOING EXPERIMENTS ON US. AND LATER USE PROVEN PLATFORM IN THEIR OWN AIR FORCE. WHY DONT THEY MAKE FOR THEIR OWN AIRFORCE RATHER THEN OFFERING US!!!! ITS HIGH TIME WE STOP IMPORTING SOCALLED JOINT PROJECT JET WITH RUSSKIES......

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Now Russia may offer stealth Su-35

So projects in our hand

Super Sukhoi Su-30MKI
Stealth Su-35 (may be)
PMF (uncertain)
AMCA
Tejas Mk II
N LCA Mk IA/II
Stealth Tejas (prospective)
Tejas Unmanned (prospective)
You cannot turn a non stealthy aircraft into a stealthy one. These kids at Indra and Amca have got no idea on what they are talking about.

There are many people who talk a lot of crap and illogical things in this forum. They just burt things out without having any idea on the things they are sepaking about or what it really takes to get the product or capability they are talking about.

I might have corrected them had I been a bit younger fellows but now I have simply lost the urge. Let people believe what they wanna believe and let them believe in fairy tales. Whatever helps them to sleep them at night. The admins of those FB pages remind me of my former self. So eager to learn about new things. So eager to correct others.

binayak95

Country flag
You cannot turn a non stealthy aircraft into a stealthy one. These kids at Indra and Amca have got no idea on what they are talking about.

There are many people who talk a lot of crap and illogical things in this forum. They just burt things out without having any idea on the things they are sepaking about or what it really takes to get the product or capability they are talking about.

I might have corrected them had I been a bit younger fellows but now I have simply lost the urge. Let people believe what they wanna believe and let them believe in fairy tales. Whatever helps them to sleep them at night. The admins of those FB pages remind me of my former self. So eager to learn about new things. So eager to correct others.
The talk is not of turning it into a stealth aircraft : it is to add CFTs and enclosed weapons pod like the kind found of F-15SE and F-18ASH. I think GoI itself started this off some time ago as a concept study. Russkis were unwilling, and talks were on with Dassault & Boeing to upgrade the Su-30MKIs. Now we know why the Russkis were unwilling.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
The only solution to PMF/FGFA I think is to ditch this idea altogether.

Go for the MKI route,get some good avionics and radars for India specific model from French or Israelis.

That's it,won't have to waste 3-4 billion usd of foreign reserves when developing a jet fighter.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

Maybe it can be something similar to the F 15 silent eagle offered to korea?

Sancho

The only solution to PMF/FGFA I think is to ditch this idea altogether.

Go for the MKI route,get some good avionics and radars for India specific model from French or Israelis.
The FGFA programme was meant to be an improved MKI route. The MKI deal was great for India in terms of design customizations and later replacement of Russian techs and systems with indigenous or western once. FGFA was meant to get the same into the design stage already and to gain know how in the process. So going back to "just" the MKI route, would be a step back, but maybe unavoidable anymore, with the delays and the current state of relations to Russia.

Either way, it puts India at great risk when China is fielding operational 5th gen fighters and we embarrass ourselves with on going dreams of LCA, MMRCA and MKI upgrades after so many years.

Sancho

Maybe it can be something similar to the F 15 silent eagle offered to korea?
The Flankers have actually more potential to be a semi stealth fighter, because they carry all the fuel internally anyway. Modern Flankers also have the EW fully included into the airframe or wingtip pods (part of the MKI upgrade anyway). So all that's left is to hide the weapons from radar => weapon bays or pods.
The Su 35 can carry up to 4 x BVR missiles on 2 x twin racks at the centerline stations. If you can enclose them in a weapon bay, you already have large parts of the weapons covered. Add weapon pods to the wings and you have your "Silent" Flanker, but it should be clear that it's no alternative to a Su 57.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
IAF is looking for 126 F-35
Lockheed Martin clears for that....
1) IAF must buy F-16
2) India must abondon FGFA program

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles