India S-400 Acquisition - News Updates and Discussions

WolfPack86

Country flag
Manohar Parikkar is rocking now a days s 400 missile system, ka 226t , pak fa simply vow:india:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
http://www.uniindia.com/india-seals...ia/india/news/257832.html#DJM1EVcOzV6WQ6iO.99

India seals Rs 70,000 cr missile deal with Russia

New Delhi, Nov 2 (UNI) In what could easily be said the biggest ever defence deal with Russia, India has stitched a contract to acquire S-400 anti-ballistic missile systems from Moscow at a cost of around Rs 70,000 crores, top sources in the Defence Ministry said here today.
The modalities, including the price of deal and number of systems to be acquired, were agreed upon in the meeting of India-Russia Inter Governmental Commission on Military-Technical-Cooperation (IRIGC-MTC) which concluded today in Moscow, with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar co-chairing it jointly with his Russian counterpart Sergei Shoigu.
The mega deal, along with an agreement to get another nuclear submarine, is likely to be formally signed during the visit to Russia of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who would be travelling to Moscow sometime in December for an annual summit with President Vladimir Putin, the sources told UNI.
almost $11 billion. How many division/battelion are we talking about here? China buys 6 battalion with $3billion. Are we buying 20 battelion i.e. 5 regiments??!!!!! Doesn't that seem overkill. Or does this deal includes under the radar payment for some other stuff? I don't see any other project going on in India which involves Russian assistance like it did in case of ATV. So, why this huge sum?

The reporter may have added an extra zero.
Less one zero the sum is too small.

The enlightened

almost $11 billion. How many division/battelion are we talking about here? China buys 6 battalion with $3billion. Are we buying 20 battelion i.e. 5 regiments??!!!!! Doesn't that seem overkill. Or does this deal includes under the radar payment for some other stuff? I don't see any other project going on in India which involves Russian assistance like it did in case of ATV. So, why this huge sum?
The source doesn't inspire confidence. Lets wait for someone more mainstream to report it in both countries.

Kshatriya87

Country flag

I read that China bought 8, not 6. And we were supposed to buy 12. Anyways, the deal should have been at 5-6 billion dollars max. I wonder if they have included the price of nuclear submarine in this.

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I wonder if the high price includes some tech transfer as well.
Also the previous report by TOI mentioned 60-65 Sukhoi T 50 , this may include the payment for that as well.

The enlightened

More importantly do we really want to spend billions buying a product which is also available to China to strip, copy and paste and whose weaknesses and secrets China can very well exploit and share with grass-eating Pakis. I'd prefer us collaborating with Israelis to develop MR-SAM with Super Green Pine et all or buying one of their SAM's - David's Sling for one than this.

Last edited:

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
More importantly do we really want to spend billions buying a product which is also available to China to strip, copy and paste and whose weaknesses and secrets China can very well exploit and share with grass-eating Pakis. I'd prefer us collaborating with Israelis to develop MR-SAM with Super Green Pine et all or buying one of their SAM's - David's Sling for one than this.
I believe this will be a MKIsed version. That should reduce commonalities kinda the same as China and India both having flankers with many commonalities, but both our flankers being different from each other as well.

Immanuel

Country flag
I believe the deal is for 12-15 Systems, with some amounts of TOT, local manufacture. Its is actually the perfect amount, to cover all of India with a formidable blanket of protection. Cancel the Rafale deal and you'll find the money needed. 12-15 Systems means we'd have upwards of 4000 missiles and at least 1400+ missiles in ready to fire mode once all are deployed by lets says 2022.

Immanuel

Country flag
Wrong reporting actually, China bought 6 regiments. India will buy 12-15 with majority being 'make in India'

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Report says we are looking at 12 systems which means 72x12=864 launchers and over 4000 missiles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One report quoted a 70,000 crores figure for the S-400 deal. That's $11 billion.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
One report quoted a 70,000 crores figure for the S-400 deal. That's $11 billion.

Yup ,looks like more than 12 systems I suspect some of the Money is for the Akula deal as well though.
I also suspect some money for MKIsation of the system , to ensure there are few commonalities with Chinese S400 maybe.

gadeshi

Yup ,looks like more than 12 systems I suspect some of the Money is for the Akula deal as well though.
I also suspect some money for MKIsation of the system , to ensure there are few commonalities with Chinese S400 maybe.
Akula cannot be a deal :)
It will be Nerpa class multi-purpise nuclear submarine (Schuka-B).

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

pmaitra

Akula cannot be a deal :)
It will be Nerpa class multi-purpise nuclear submarine (Schuka-B).

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk
We discussed this years ago.

Ok what you said is correct, but at the same time incorrect. Let me clear the confusion.

Project 941: USSR/RF Akula (Акула) = NATO Typhoon.
Project 971: USSR/RF Shchuka-B (Щука-Б) = NATO Akula.

This thread is about Project 941 Akula.

References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akula_class_submarine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_class_submarine

BATTLE FIELD

Battle Captain
which version will we buying.

400 km (40N6 missile)
250 km (48N6 missile)
120 km (9M96E2 missile)

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
which version will we buying.

400 km (40N6 missile)
250 km (48N6 missile)
120 km (9M96E2 missile)
All of them. We are not going to buy missiles, but the whole of system. S400 is not a single missile system, but an integrated air defence system with ability to engage target at the distance from .1 km to supposedly upto 400 Km. So, several kind of missiles including the ones you have mentioned, are part of the system.

BATTLE FIELD

Battle Captain
All of them. We are not going to buy missiles, but the whole of system. S400 is not a single missile system, but an integrated air defence system with ability to engage target at the distance from .1 km to supposedly upto 400 Km. So, several kind of missiles including the ones you have mentioned, are part of the system.
wow:eek1:
i m very happy with this deal

are we using the s-300 as of now.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles