India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

mcpo117

Country flag
Increase the budget, the brass will provide equipment.

Here, the brass had to literally fight with GoI because they wanted to pay Agniveers only 20k.

Gen. Naravane fought with Babudom and had their salary hiked to 30k.

The buck stops at MoD and FinMin.

Army Genrols can only do so much.
everything you said is true but my complain here is regarding their sop. the emergency procurement fund is there. they can't buy a bunch of off the shelf apcs?

Kumaoni

If leaking pics is an act of bravery then running away from a stick fight is ?

Wumao's learnt the hard way that lines blur between $19 trillion GDP wolf warrior and $3.6 trillion nation of malnourished rice eating vegetarians when the two meet in the battlefield and the latter is suddenly determined enough to protect his land from the filthy land grabbing communist Maoturds.
I never said they were brave. I just said they aren’t scared of us. On the contrary they were cowardly for doing that.

Kumaoni

Remember generals want you to think this will come down to the ‘hardened’ Indian soldier- buddy the IA won’t even see the PLA, their rocket forces will obliterate them from a stand off distance before their aviation assets swoop in (all preceded by a massive coordinated cyber attack of course)

IAF will go down the same way

you either have quality or quantity- against Commies India has neither (in quality side a few niche cases like Rafale but in too limited numbers to count)

But don’t worry, some more ‘fast track’ RFIs will come

then these generals retire to their golf courses and you will only hear of them when their benefits or privileged status are challenged
The uncomfortable truth.

In Iraq 2003 and 1991 the war was won before the americans actually set foot on the ground.

mcpo117

Country flag
How do you know that the order is from the Army and not the MoD where Babu says 'Idhar sign karo... haan stryker pe. Build your doctrine around this... the Americans have been using it for decades... this will lead to better interoperability when we are fighting the Chinese together'.
so you are telling me Army has no say in procurement?

another_armchair

Country flag
everything you said is true but my complain here is regarding their sop. the emergency procurement fund is there. they can't buy a bunch of off the shelf apcs?
Emergency procurement also goes through MoD. Had posted multiple links in the past.

Emergency procurement was supposed to go only to Indian suppliers and that too after getting vetted by MoD.

I hope MoD has cleared Tonbo Imaging's outstanding dues.

another_armchair

Country flag
so you are telling me Army has no say in procurement?
Not in big ticket items. Absolutely no. There is a big fuckin lobby of middlemen within the forces, retired officers and liason people from MoD to actual product owner & its OEM suppliers.

Had a chance of attending a few meetings between a big truck maker and a certain command followed by 'others' who would show up at dinners. It is way beyond our pay grade man. Let it be.

The poor trooper will continue to fight with what is handed down to him from the armory and the CDS will fly the same chopper that he is 'entitled' to, so what if it crashes into a mountain side and the entire crew flying with him perish.

Only in India - Fourth largest economy racing ahead to reach number 3.

Here, folks in charge feel Predator drones are more important than a battle rifle. We have been hearing of the Amethi plant since 2014-15. God knows what is the current status while PLR Defence keeps churning small arms and ammo like it is nobody's business and that too of top quality.

If anybody deserves a kick up their backside, it is the MoD and the bureaucrats first. Generals come further down the pecking order.

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
IA's idol army , the israelis are using tank, armoured vehicles in near collapsed city with just rubbles to see and we are using that bailgaadi gypsy in such thick forests and hilly areas with fog . Let's see how the retired one's will defend this. IA are loosing respect while security agencies(RAW , IB, NIA) are gaining on other hand. What does it say?
I like hellfire as a person but this seems to be the (lame) justification of the IA’s establishment:

Another case of Indian leadership trying to get you to believe the problems they face are so unique and insurmountable that they aren’t even worth addressing.

Because the 40 year old Casspirs struggle this is clearly beyond any engineering sol in 2023

https://x.com/ksingh_1469/status/1737879697004916908?s=46&t=8QPJecNQmmoeL0BRyMQdjg

my visceral hatred of all Indian senior leadership only grows every day, all is fine in their world until it isn’t

abingdonboy

Country flag
Increase the budget, the brass will provide equipment.

Here, the brass had to literally fight with GoI because they wanted to pay Agniveers only 20k.

Gen. Naravane fought with Babudom and had their salary hiked to 30k.

The buck stops at MoD and FinMin.

Army Genrols can only do so much.
India cannot afford to hike defence spending

Their pensions are literally killing them

another_armchair

Country flag
Very wrong comparison.
He is right.

Like so many others who saw two IAF Su-30's shot down by PAF on 27th morning.

The Mi-17 was actually shot down by a stray AIM-120 but IAF covered it up, blamed the incident on friendly fire and fired their own men.

We are not a martial race like the Pakis or wolf warriors like the Chinese. We should stick to making chicken tikka masala, biryani, chaat etc and outsource our security to the mighty USA.

Only they capable of real soldiering and fighting a real war as demonstrated in Iraq, Afghanistan, Middle East, Vietnam, Korea, Mali and elsewhere.

/s

another_armchair

Country flag
India cannot afford to hike defence spending

Their pensions are literally killing them
More than 2 lakh crores worth of mil hardware was recently approved for procurement.

A fraction of that would equip at least 3 lakh soldiers with the right battle rifle, gear & equipment. But that will run on a different priority thread.

Spending billions in building toilets(wonder how many were actually built) was a higher priority than buying plate carriers or some shield protection for gypsy's operating in hostile environment. I was about to say what hellfire quoted on Twitter but stopped short.

Then the civilian leadership puts on a grim face and offers 'shraddhanjali' to the departed.

Two faced scumbags.

abingdonboy

Country flag
More than 2 lakh crores worth of mil hardware was recently approved for procurement.

A fraction of that would equip at least 3 lakh soldiers with the right battle rifle, gear & equipment. But that will run on a different priority thread.

Spending billions in building toilets(wonder how many were actually built) was a higher priority than buying plate carriers or some shield protection for gypsy's operating in hostile environment. I was about to say what hellfire quoted on Twitter but stopped short.

Then the civilian leadership puts him a grim face and offers 'shraddhanjali' to the departed.

Two faced scumbags.
No one has their hands clean but I’m sorry but you’re utterly ignoring the intentional or accidental ineptness of the military in procuring anything and the army is probably the worst offender

RFI for helmets issued in 2020, should’ve been ordered by now- never heard kid again

RFI for LPBV only issue last year

after the first 100k SMPP PCs where were the follow on orders?

they’ve issued an RFI for jet packs before sights for their rifles

the IA is also routinely the least effective at spending their CAPEX (as small as it is)

in the same time CAPFs have modernised themselves quite a bit so merely blaming civilians is illogical

army generals will fly in lay wreaths and return to their luxuries and once out of uniform bash any effort to reform this archaic institution- if that’s not two faced I don’t know what is

another_armchair

Country flag
No one has their hands clean but I’m sorry but you’re utterly ignoring the intentional or accidental ineptness of the military in procuring anything and the army is probably the worst offender

RFI for helmets issued in 2020, should’ve been ordered by now- never heard kid again

the IA is also routinely the least effective at spending their CAPEX (as small as it is)

in the same time CAPFs have modernised themselves quite a bit so merely blaming civilians is illogical

army generals will fly in lay wreaths and return to their luxuries and once out of uniform bash any effort to reform this archaic institution- if that’s not two faced I don’t know what is
Are they really serious about procuring jetpacks?

Sanglamorre

Country flag
And upto those ranks, their casualty rates (as a percentage of strength) is higher
Not defending the military brass's lack of accountability here
But I don't attribute it to their malice against other ranks. To me it's a combination of indifference, incapability, and a lack of resources.
If you see the attitude towards having s system of Batmen and how they're treated, you'll understand exactly what causes these decision from the highe brass

another_armchair

Country flag

Home Ministry is in charge of procurement for CAPFs.

They don't have to go to MoD for any procurement.

kaboom

Country flag
I like hellfire as a person but this seems to be the (lame) justification of the IA’s establishment:

Another case of Indian leadership trying to get you to believe the problems they face are so unique and insurmountable that they aren’t even worth addressing.

Because the 40 year old Casspirs struggle this is clearly beyond any engineering sol in 2023

https://x.com/ksingh_1469/status/1737879697004916908?s=46&t=8QPJecNQmmoeL0BRyMQdjg

my visceral hatred of all Indian senior leadership only grows every day, all is fine in their world until it isn’t
if trucks can go there so can light apc's just coz army does not have any does not mean it can't be done .
These vehicles don't even have a roof gunner position , they were meant for civilian jobs not going in a fucking firefight .

even Mexicans police knows how important a belt fed is to repel an ambush .

1703180920894.png

what do we use?
first we rarely deploy them , only about 2 in a convoy and the ones that are deployed are not well protected and use bren and insas LMG and sometimes even AKs that have a 30 rounds capacity and jam every few rounds ,which in a firefight will be empty in a few seconds and by the time you will reload they will either pin you down or drop you .
Most probably they don't not even have belt fed MGs . what do you expect will happen ?

1703181401154.png

ANA and US used to deploy gunners on every vehicles .

1703181896901.png

If the vehicle was a armored and their would have been a man with a M60 on top the outcome would have been different

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles