India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

another_armchair

Country flag
He knows more about the army than the members in here. You stand nowhere close.
Then he should've known better and kept his mouth shut. Or you should've known better and not said it out loud in a forum where you will be countered by other members.

Was told during SSB that a lot of incompetent folks make it through the filtration process who shouldn't be serving in the Army but since they fulfill the 'parameters', they manage to become officers.

Imagine he is in a firefight and he thinks 'IA is going to be butchered... maybe I should withdraw or just find cover and wait till reinforcements arrive..' he does and ends up getting his entire squad killed but he survives.

Covfefe

Country flag
It hurts a lot when own soldiers suffer with life and injury in something that could have been totally avoidable. Humvees offer a level of protection that a derelict Maruti Gypsy cannot provide yet, soldiers are transported on it through militancy hot areas.

At least it needed massive IED , dirty road to hide it , and lotta effort to bring them down.

Humvee would eat up anything apart from 50cal.
All of our soldiers been alive had it been an APC.
I agree, but in response to OP's "this level of poorly trained militia men"
Well, that's the reality. Coin is tough
Not defending our side's lack of preparedness and stupid choices
But all said and done "militia men" can, and do deal a lot of damage

Covfefe

Country flag
Quick question. Did they ever suffer multiple officer causalties? or more than 3 kia in a single ambush?
Do we have more than 3 officers in a single platoon/section level formation that responds to such situations?
Not a rhetoric question, genuinely curios if that's the structure

ChandraSingh

Country flag
This is what is it.

Indian Army at the end is a Sarkari Job. And here accountability doesn't matters like every other sarkari jobs in India.
Exactly! I think this is because the Indian (and Pakistan) army have inherited the imperial British/European character. The common man joined as soldier/private while officers were usually recruited from aristocratic and well to do families. So there is a certain barrier, a class heirarchy in the army. This wall has to be pulled down. Officers need to experience life in army as a common soldier for like 6 months to a year before taking up their officer rank. This would make them more considerate about the soldiers they work with. Anyway, this thread is getting derailed, so I will stop right here.

Kumaoni

Do we have more than 3 officers in a single platoon/section level formation that responds to such situations?
Not a rhetoric question, genuinely curios if that's the structure
No, but army officers up to major see as much action as western NCOs

another_armchair

Country flag
Yeah definitely, although I have my doubts wether we will actually hold the LaC against them considering their huge leap in equipment and training and rifle setups compared to ours.
3 years since Galwan and multiple skirmishes later, its the Chinese who are building border infra & fighting capability including supply infrastructure at a faster pace than us. Having more $$$ helps but why such urgency if there's no fear?

Maybe they fear us more than we fear them.

Kumaoni

3 years since Galwan and multiple skirmishes later, its the Chinese who are building border infra & fighting capability including supply infrastructure at a frantic pace.

Maybe they fear us more than we fear them.
They are simply getting ready. If they really feared us they wouldn’t be leaking pics of captured soldiers on the internet.

Last post on this topic. But india really will need some changes in it’s sent to take down china. No stalemate bs i’m talking a decisive victory.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
Biden Xi meet followed by Paki COAS visit to US & Biden rejecting R-day invite.

Xi might have compromised on other fronts(Ukraine & Israel) in return of no American meddling on Indian front when Xi unrolls whatever he has planned in near future

Covfefe

Country flag
No, but army officers up to major see as much action as western NCOs
And upto those ranks, their casualty rates (as a percentage of strength) is higher
Not defending the military brass's lack of accountability here
But I don't attribute it to their malice against other ranks. To me it's a combination of indifference, incapability, and a lack of resources.

Kumaoni

Biden Xi meet followed by Paki COAS visit to US...

Xi might have compromised on other fronts(Ukraine & Israel) in return of no American meddling on Indian front when Xi unrolls whatever he has planned.
America has never planned to seriously take on China.

Covfefe

Country flag
Biden Xi meet followed by Paki COAS visit to US & Biden rejecting R-day invite.

Xi might have compromised on other fronts(Ukraine & Israel) in return of no American meddling on Indian front when Xi unrolls whatever he has planned in near future
Pakistan is an assembly line of terrorists. Every terrorist shot is every terrorist stopped.

Xi-Biden-Munir meet- itna strategic hamesha nahi hota. Run of the mill tangos - they keep churning them out- we stop some, and some give casualty

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Looks bad

Why are they still using these old ass Maruti Suzuki Gypsies with weak to non existent armor and can kill there entire occupants even in a small mine/IED blast. Even after so many incidents and examples army still doesn’t want replace that thing. army never shows consistent change only changes here and there that doesn’t amount to anything . Local defence manufacturers already make so many different vehicles that can replace the Gypsy in the role. Like Tata and Mahindra LSV. Even better armored Mahindra LBPV or Tata Merlin but priority for babus is always foreign junk like strikers.

another_armchair

Country flag
They are simply getting ready. If they really feared us they wouldn’t be leaking pics of captured soldiers on the internet.

Last post on this topic. But india really will need some changes in it’s sent to take down china. No stalemate bs i’m talking a decisive victory.
If leaking pics is an act of bravery then running away from a stick fight is ?

Wumao's learnt the hard way that lines blur between $19 trillion GDP wolf warrior and $3.6 trillion nation of malnourished rice eating vegetarians when the two meet in the battlefield and the latter is suddenly determined enough to protect his land from the filthy land grabbing communist Maoturds.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles