India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

abingdonboy

Country flag
Not sure about CRPF but yeah bsf literally killed 50% of JKLFs top leadership (like their high ranking commanders) in 1990-1991 alone lol.

CRPF was too ineffective to do anything.

Howveer, the CRPF have made huge strides in their training, and tactics. They used to get absolutely curbstomped by the Naxalites.
Now? They are killing them like nonones business. They single handedly turned around the fight against the naxals.
There were times when CRPF were being blown to pieces every time they went out so they changed tactics- started doing motorbike patrols to secure territory then built up lines of control behind them

nowadays you barely hear of the LWE

IA still operating as they always have seemingly. How many ambushes have been inflicted on them/security forces in JK in the last 2 years where thin skinned vehicles are targeted? It’s beyond disgusting that they either don’t care or think they can josh their way through

more men needlessly cut down and no lessons learned makes their deaths almost worthless. These aholes in senior leadership make their hero’s sacrifice futile.

Last edited:

Jimih

Country flag
true and I am not to blame. its the genrols who don't care about the troops. there is a difference between life spent and life wasted. pretty sure whats going on these days in the vally.
In the valley many other things are also going on unchecked.

Intel on movement of Army convoy is provided by Trashmiris themselves.

But IA and GoI is still high on "Sabka Biswas".

SavageKing456

Country flag
They are simply getting ready. If they really feared us they wouldn’t be leaking pics of captured soldiers on the internet.

Last post on this topic. But india really will need some changes in it’s sent to take down china. No stalemate bs i’m talking a decisive victory.
China tries to appear strong when weak and weak when strong
In 2020 with covid the aggressive posture china was facing international heat
That's why the whinning

NutCracker

Country flag
Do you guys know just 1B$ can get us 10,000 Mahindra ASLV..
That's such small amount for a country with 75B$ annual defence budget.

I need to know which part of the whole I.A.- Bureaucracy cabal is causing the hindrance to procurement.

mcpo117

Country flag
In the valley many other things are also going on unchecked.

Intel on movement of army convoy is provided by Trashmiris themselves.

But IA and GoI is still high on "Sabka Biswas".
this sabka vikas jumla is a mere olive brance. it will go away. but military wise things are looking very grim.

angryIndian

Country flag
If everybody starts to think like you, the battle field will shift to your doorstep.
The authorities must understand that they cannot play with the lives of the soldiers.
This incident like the half a dozen odd incidents that happened previously could have been prevented had APC's been used
but we have millions of dollars to pay for leasing predators and reaper drones but not spare a few crores to get the ultra essential vehicles.

mcpo117

Country flag
Do you guys know just 1B$ can get us 10,000 Mahindra ASLV..
That's such small amount for a country with 75B$ annual defence budget.

I need to know which part of the whole I.A.- Bureaucracy cabal is causing the hindrance to procurement.
yes but army is never happy with home grown products. Kestrel is a goner. now they are looking to buy two decades old stryker. Kickbacks y'all.

another_armchair

Country flag
true and I am not to blame. its the genrols who don't care about the troops. there is a difference between life spent and life wasted. pretty sure whats going on these days in the vally.
The General has a civilian master.

He can only do so much.

Is the sacrifice worth it? Is this nation worth dying for?

That's a tough question but if I was given a choice, I'd rather die in the line of duty(if I could) than die in a road accident or fighting off some goons or getting shot by relatives over a property dispute. The last bit is true.

Let him have his shot at it. Not every soldier who joins the Army comes home in a coffin.

Last edited:

mcpo117

Country flag
The General has a civilian master.

He can only do so much.

Is the sacrifice worth it? Is this nation worth dying for?

That's a tough question but if I was given a choice, I'd rather die in the line of duty(if I could) than die in a road accident or fighting off some goons or getting shot by relatives over a property dispute. The last is true.

Let him have his shot at it. Not every soldier who joins the Army comes home in a coffin.
I think you are trying to shift the blame to the civilian govt here. master no master, they battlefield is your game. the brass should take accountability.

another_armchair

Country flag
The authorities must understand that they cannot play with the lives of the soldiers.
This incident like the half a dozen odd incidents that happened previously could have been prevented had APC's been used
but we have millions of dollars to pay for leasing predators and reaper drones but not spare a few crores to get the ultra essential vehicles.
Those decisions are made by the civilian establishment.

If forces could have it their way... even without the option of kickbacks... they'd go with the best solution that would keep them a step ahead of their adversary.

If you recall, IAF only wanted more mirages. They got a circus called MMRCA and 36 Rafales 12-15 years later.

Don't understand why heads of forces or seniors are at fault for every little problem plaguing the Army.

What happened to the AK procurement? Which Army 'genrol' is delaying it?

NutCracker

Country flag
yes but army is never happy with home grown products. Kestrel is a goner. now they are looking to buy two decades old stryker. Kickbacks y'all.
Strykers are for export. We might buy some for token, or even not.

Just like Tata recently achieved manufacturing 250 Apache fuselage milestone (as I posted on DRDO thread) ,
but we've only bought 3 dozen of them.

Kumaoni

If forces could have it their way... even without the option of kickbacks... they'd go with the best solution that would keep them a step ahead of their adversary.

If you recall, IAF only wanted more mirages. They got a circus called MMRCA and 36 Rafales 12-15 years later.

Don't understand why heads of forces or seniors are at fault for every little problem plaguing the Army.

It’s MOD who decides what is procured.

another_armchair

Country flag
There were times when CRPF were being blown to pieces every time they went out so they changed tactics- started doing motorbike patrols to secure territory then built up lines of control behind them

nowadays you barely hear of the LWE

IA still operating as they always have seemingly. How many ambushes have been inflicted on them/security forces in JK in the last 2 years where thin skinned vehicles are targeted? It’s beyond disgusting that they either don’t care or think they can josh their way through

more men needlessly cut down and no lessons learned makes their deaths almost worthless. These aholes in senior leadership make their hero’s sacrifice futile.
They are repeatedly being ambushed in that area because they refuse to change their SOP of operating in a hostile, unsanitised area which has accounted for half or more number of IA casualties in anti-terror ops over the last 3 years.

mcpo117

Country flag

then what about those emergency procurement funds that are allocated every other year?

abingdonboy

Country flag
IA can fight PA but when it will come to PLA, IA would be steamrolled, butchered beyond recognition. This is isn't me, but a relative serving in the Paras. I hope he is wrong!
Remember generals want you to think this will come down to the ‘hardened’ Indian soldier- buddy the IA won’t even see the PLA, their rocket forces will obliterate them from a stand off distance before their aviation assets swoop in (all preceded by a massive coordinated cyber attack of course)

IAF will go down the same way

you either have quality or quantity- against Commies India has neither (in quality side a few niche cases like Rafale but in too limited numbers to count)

But don’t worry, some more ‘fast track’ RFIs will come

then these generals retire to their golf courses and you will only hear of them when their benefits or privileged status are challenged

another_armchair

Country flag
I think you are trying to shift the blame to the civilian govt here. master no master, they battlefield is your game. the brass should take accountability.
Increase the budget, the brass will provide equipment.

Here, the brass had to literally fight with GoI because they wanted to pay Agniveers only 20k.

Gen. Naravane fought with Babudom and had their salary hiked to 30k.

The buck stops at MoD and FinMin.

Army Genrols can only do so much.

another_armchair

Country flag
How do you know that the order is from the Army and not the MoD where Babu says 'Idhar sign karo... haan stryker pe. Build your doctrine around this... the Americans have been using it for decades... this will lead to better interoperability when we are fighting the Chinese together'.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles