India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
There’s global conspiracy amongst several nations which do not border us that seek to discredit our country.
"Breaking India" by Rajiv Malhotra....claps slowly at this realisation finally dawning on Bharatiyas....

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
@mist_consecutive

You seem to take interest in Satellites so here is a question.

There are 9 frigates and 8 corvettes in Pak navy. Are we aware of the location of all these ships 24 × 7 × 365? Is it vice versa?
I was wondering if our satellites keep track of all these ships by taking HD images and interpolation of multiple images into tracking trajectory.

Can all these ships be taken out during the first few hours of war?
Possibly su 30 launched brahmos from a decent stand off distance.

There is no way for Pak Ships to stop a Brahmos from sinking their ships right?

Likewise can they do the same against our ships and sink few or our ships in the following 4 to 5 hours after initial attack?

DumbPilot

Country flag
@mist_consecutive

There are 9 frigates and 8 corvettes in Pak navy. Are we aware of the location of all these ships 24 × 7 × 365? Is it vice versa?
I was wondering if our satellites keep track of all these ships by taking HD images and interpolation of multiple images into tracking trajectory.

Likewise can they do the same against our ships and sink few or our ships in the following 4 to 5 hours after initial attack?
More than satellite imagery, we also have(probably real-time) electronic data gathered from the movement of these ships(radio transmissions, radar signatures, ..) so we also have that. Rest we (most likely, @binayak95 can probably answer) maintain an up to date order of battle, so I think as for the military, they know when what is where. As for civilians - yeah you can probably extrapolate data from some site like https://www.vesselfinder.com/ or such.

Swesh

@mist_consecutive

We have aoi(area of interest) satellite, change of area detection satellite and for ship spacificly gis locator own gis locating satellite apart from them we have satellite which can detect trail of aircraft and missiles we have satellite which can measure depth of water and detect 1to 1.5 meter below underground structure (I have research papers on it), we have satellite which can detect camaflouge and heat signature of vehical

shade

Country flag
This is getting frequent pigs want something big to happen before elections
Netanyahu is going to be booted out of power irrespective of the Gaza invasion is a success or no.
They just need to do the same thing before elections to our Vishwaguru.

Losing a war or letting the people get the image that the war wasn't actually won and lives of people wasted is a sure way to remove a popular leader from power.

daya

Country flag
Netanyahu is going to be booted out of power irrespective of the Gaza invasion is a success or no.
They just need to do the same thing before elections to our Vishwaguru.

Losing a war or letting the people get the image that the war wasn't actually won and lives of people wasted is a sure way to remove a popular leader from power.
Vast majority was given to present government. Still, if the Government is not taking bold decisions, it is nothing except ill fate of Indians.

mokoman

Country flag
@mist_consecutive

depends on what the revisit time is for our military satellites . how frequently u can get image from same area .

not sure but i think its in days . u take image of an area , it will take days/hours for the satellite to orbit around and come to same location . pretty much why we signed agreement with US on satellite image access.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

The Russian side has not been very clear about the final delivery timelines as they are also busy with the conflict with Ukraine
Sources further mentioned that some reports suggested that the squadrons manufactured for the Indian Air Force were used by the Russians for their own utilization but nothing is confirmed and India is also focused only on getting its own systems

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
@mist_consecutive

A lot of people have already given good answers, mine won't add much to it. But still (I have free time)...

For most of the time, yes.

See, for high-res satellite images (enough to identify military ships uniquely), we need to know where to look. So if ships are at port, or around the coast, we can identify them.

It gets challenging if they are on high seas because the area to scan becomes too vast. Now assuming we have some AI software to auto-track all these, then obviously this limitation does not apply.

Will they all sink? Absolutely Yes.

We really need to get down from our high-horse of BrahMos being invincible. Yeah sure, it is hard to shoot down because it is really fast, but I won't classify them as silver bullets. There are multiple ways of defeating an incoming missile, and a few of them (EW, Jamming, Spoofing, Radar Camouflage) don't involve shooting the missile down.

If they are the first to (surprise) attack, then yes. The CM-400 AKG might be somewhat difficult to deal with, But any significant damage is unlikely. Our frontline ships (Kolkata, Delhi, Shivalik, Talwar class) are massive tanks and are pretty good ships in general.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
depends on what the revisit time is for our military satellites . how frequently u can get image from same area .

not sure but i think its in days . u take image of an area , it will take days/hours for the satellite to orbit around and come to same location . pretty much why we signed agreement with US on satellite image access.
We now have geostationary spy satellites in orbit which basically hover over the Indian subcontinent and can take pictures in real-time.

Global Defence

Articles