India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
Why dishing out this rumour, when you are stating itself that it is a rumour?
I always say rumor :)

Started with my speaking of what came to be known later as Operation Ginger, undertaken on 28 Aug 2011, back in 2013. With specifics of PA casualties and head taken, in response to attack on Trehgam Brigade unit in middle of turnover.

Always call such things as rumors.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Why do you want to discuss the holding state and reserves being held? And why do you want to discuss the authorizations on a public forum? You think you are being funny?

What equipment is used in High altitude over there? And where is it manufactured?

And how much time will OF Kanpur take to deliver Coat Parka?
It was in the news and open source... I dare not do what you are accusing me of... I have no fauzi source...

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
How can you say that ? We don't have enough ISTAR platforms for both borders. That's why P-8I have to be called in always.

HUIMNT. And NTRO is quite effective.

Problem is the bureaucratic mannerism and attitude to dismiss inputs. Heck, you can see right here. One @Bhadra arguing over something that we are doing on ground.

You shall be able to appreciate. Being dismissive, an aura of superiority, misinterpreting - is rampant. The status quo in the system gets disturbed for most.

In forces we have a saying - no one likes turbulence. Or there is an analogy of drawing fire to yourself and you being disliked as that will get your buddy killed.

Intelligence operations are a grey area. No one can give you a confirmation of what will actually happen. You can merely take the information available, join the dots and draw conclusions/model upon the data available. You may be right, you may be wrong. But to ignore, at times, turns fatal.

Indrajit

Country flag
I’m not sure what exactly we are all in a position to definitively say on this. It’s not about where the Chinese start their pullback, it’s about where they end it and where we end up in our positions. Only then will we know what has happened.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Former PLA dissidents claiming "more than 100 PLA losses on June 15" is raging through SM, including chicom SM.

we_didn't_start_the_fire.mp3

Looks like 16 Bihar and 3 Punjab Ghataks went on a rampage in the fog of war.
Please, anybody post this video on this forum, must be at the top of the hall of fame.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Who is stopping PM from taking action against these people ?
Fact is our PM loves to play victim card and is therefore not taking any action against corrupt Congress people.
BJP needs a weak Congress for its political victories.
Really? Do you see him whining like RG or like you? I don’t. Does any one else see that? I don’t think so 🤨

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
It was in the news and open source... I dare not do what you are accusing me of... I have no fauzi source...
Oh, but you are the professional, we mere mortals know nothing. Ah since open sourced, I am curious. Where is this jacket made, worn by COAS?

1.JPG

scatterStorm

Country flag
I hope the lessons learnt from this round of escalation include:

1) AD/SAM numbers needs improvement, to cover atleast 4000 km on both sides at same time. (QRSAM,MRSAM)

2) Arty needs 100-150 kms range weapon system

3) domestic satellite imagery experts in private domain, with images being generated from Indian satellites. For ex: Maxar (US based) has 6000 employees.

4) Mobility & kit for troops stationed on LAC needs to be reviewed.

5) start preparing for next round of escalations with PLA, which are due pre-2024 elections.
Additions to the list...
6.) Raise the squadron strength to at least 40.
7.) Three dedicated new squadrons of Rafael at the NE.

Proxy1234

Country flag
I always say rumor :)

Started with my speaking of what came to be known later as Operation Ginger, undertaken on 28 Aug 2011, back in 2013. With specifics of PA casualties and head taken, in response to attack on Trehgam Brigade unit in middle of turnover.

Always call such things as rumors.
Only time will tell whether the casualties of CCP was higher after 16 June or Indian. If rumours are to be believed, Chinese lost much more than India. But lets see if Mr. Xi has the guts to throw open the casualty figures or go meet his troops.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
My point is why are we always defending?
Why are we not intruding on their side of LAC in Ladakh or Arunachal?
We can't always be on defensive.
India has good capabilities to do counter intrusion and capture territories but at the end of the day it is the signed agreements that will be brought on to the table which India will never like to be on the wrong side. On top of that the kind of scrutiny our establishment go through internally the pressure will be hard to overcome.

In Pakistan’s case they have crossed all lines that we now we need no new casus belli to punish them and capture POK.

With China there is still a sense and expecting them to behave like a mature nation is left and channels of communications open to work out negotiations.

Today if Chinese goes back to status quo then it must be understood that it has come about because of the bilateral agreements backed by military might. For gain of few kilometres it is foolish of any nation, this time China to breach bilateral agreements and show this kind bravado.

In the long run they will lose the value of their words which are already not taken seriously.

I don’t think India will like to lose its credibility being a quixotic irresponsible power just for sake of flaunting military prowesses.

freethinker777

Country flag
Let’s get over the delusion that we are going to take Aksai Chin in the near future. It’s not going to happen. Something like that would soon turn nuclear. Only way I see that happening is the breakup of China and Tibet becoming independent. POK and Gilgit Baltistan is a different matter but only if you can be sure that the Pakis won’t go nuclear. Realistically speaking , with two nuclear armed neighbours the most that will happen are short intense border wars. We now have had two Prime Ministers say that the days of redrawing borders is over.
If pak uses nuke. We use nuke on China and pak. Because it is china indirectly using nuke on india. China wants pak to fight india on its behalf without any consequences for china. So in any india pak conflict if pak crosses a threshold we'll get china involved too and make it two fronts with super heavy weaponry (¢$¥€) used against china and pak.

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
Only time will tell whether the casualties of CCP was higher after 16 June or Indian. If rumours are to be believed, Chinese lost much more than India. But lets see if Mr. Xi has the guts to throw open the casualty figures or go meet his troops.

Lt Col N, the 2iC, led the charge that did the maximum damage to the PLA. He has, since, taken over command of the 16th Battallion.

We had more of those non-lethal injuries. Which we declared as a Battle Casualty as sustained in face of enemy.

There is a specific Army Order for that too, which I will refrain from naming, which defines clearly what constitutes a Battle and a Physical casualty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles