India-China Border conflict

DumbPilot

Country flag
India. They would need to secure southren front before proceeding to Taiwan. Thats why you see buildup. Russia did the same before ukraine invasion.
How soon though? 2 to 5 years? That would also correlate with the Russian gold spree:
1669178179135.png

DumbPilot

Country flag
Max 2. I expect it to happen in near future. Dont discount fact that before 2014, china held more gold than russia.
True. But wouldn't the Chinese simply have to give up the Taiwanese dream if they start anything major in India? Because if they do something like what Russia did, they can kiss all dreams of an element of surprise and their nation's prosperity goodbye

blackjack

Country flag
I see youtube videos that get like 10 million views about some chinese having beef with indians, can this problem be resolved like the koreans having an electric fence or a fucking wall with people behind with guns and not sticks beating each other? I feel like they find this fun to have a reason to get pissed off and beat each other. Keep me updated if there will be construction projects along their borders.

AnantS

Country flag
True. But wouldn't the Chinese simply have to give up the Taiwanese dream if they start anything major in India? Because if they do something like what Russia did, they can kiss all dreams of an element of surprise and their nation's prosperity goodbye
Chinese want a 1962 again-give hard snub to india, not complete domination war - kind of what russia is waging on ukraine.

Last thing China wants India nibbling at southern borders when they pounce on Taiwan. And you are mistaken if you think west is going to respond with same intensity against China as it did against Russia. West and China have common goal: Cut India to size. West and India have common goal: restrain belligerent China.

So you see west shall be playing to both galleries.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I see youtube videos that get like 10 million views about some chinese having beef with indians, can this problem be resolved like the koreans having an electric fence or a fucking wall with people behind with guns and not sticks beating each other? I feel like they find this fun to have a reason to get pissed off and beat each other. Keep me updated if there will be construction projects along their borders.
Sir. It's not possible to build fence
See, fencing is one of the biggest triggers of those fights , thy object us building fences we object them building fences and other things.
Both dont want other to build defensive infra including fences .
For real good fencing , look upto india Pakistan border

Sanglamorre

Country flag
You're acting like the West won't actively help China in case they attack India. There will be no sanctions, nothing. We aren't white. We aren't european.

fooLIam

India. They would need to secure southren front before proceeding to Taiwan. Thats why you see buildup. Russia did the same before ukraine invasion.
If that happens, it does not seems good for us. hope we find as much fighting will (leadership) as Ukrainian and escalate . but then again we lack critically in material and industry .I think Arunachal would be focus now.

Last edited:

mokoman

Country flag
You're acting like the West won't actively help China in case they attack India. There will be no sanctions, nothing. We aren't white. We aren't european.
US is already actively helping us againt china.

Nothing will make them more happy than for us to fuck PLA.

With Russia shit deep in ukraine war , we will hav no option but turn to us for ammo,shells.

But yea there won't be sanctions , and they won't come fight our war for us.

another_armchair

Country flag

With Russia shit deep in ukraine war , we will hav no option but turn to us for ammo,shells.

What do we import from Russia other than tank ammo?

mokoman

Country flag

for a months long war with china , never mind 2 front war , we gonna need major outside help in supplies.

anything and everything. only thing russians can afford to give us will be their sympathy

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
We also used to import Dragunov ammo from Russia. Not sure if we've found a local replacement.

Other than these, I guess rest are big ticket items for the Russian fighters and warships.
And their spares and the missiles, yes i see

another_armchair

Country flag

The Indian artillery fired over 2,50,000 shells, bombs and rockets during the Kargil conflict. Approximately 5,000 artillery sheels, mortar bombs and rockets were fired daily from 300 guns, mortars and MBRLs while 9,000 shells were fired the day Tiger Hill was regained. During the peak period of assaults, on an average, each artillery battery fired over one round per minute for 17 days continuously.
The ^above was witnessed in Kargil alone. A two front war under the overhang of CSD will see insane action from all quarters.

We will probably need millions of Arty rounds just to keep the opposition warm. If war prolongs like the Ukraine-Russia war then our mil-ind capabilities will be tested to the max for sure.

AnantS

Country flag

The ^above was witnessed in Kargil alone. A two front war under the overhang of CSD will see insane action from all quarters.

We will probably need millions of Arty rounds just to keep the opposition warm. If war prolongs like the Ukraine-Russia war then our mil-ind capabilities will be tested to the max for sure.
Our Mil Ind complex is woefully unprepared compared to China. We may be seeing our defense and foreign minister frequently hopping onto continental flights-to secure supply.

another_armchair

Country flag
Our Mil Ind complex is woefully unprepared compared to China. We may be seeing our defense and foreign minister frequently hopping onto continental flights-to secure supply.
We lack the will, not the capability. Corruption is rampant, then there are saboteurs.

1669191271762.png

“FTPs strike the biggest blow to Indian industry. When the armed forces go for foreign weapons, even small arms, you are effectively telling the world that your indigenous capacity is worthless. When we try and export, the first question we are asked is ‘why isn’t your own army buying your products’,” says the CEO of a private sector firm.
Then this -

Articles