India-China Border conflict

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Chinese ornithopter flew for one and half hours...They can definately use it in Ladakh...Hope we too have it as i have heard we used in Surgical strikes...

Ornithopters are currently highly inefficient and cannot carry any meaningful payload to be usable in any scenario.

Also, Ornithopters are nothing new or revolutionary.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Chinese ornithopter flew for one and half hours...They can definately use it in Ladakh...Hope we too have it as i have heard we used in Surgical strikes...

Flappy-winged drones cannot carry anything except scan a particular area without getting detected. They are useful in lower altitudes where there is sufficient vegetation, trees and people, as birds are always common in such areas.

But given the average altitude and lack of vegetation on the Indo-Tibetan border, they are a dead give-away and will be shot if they cross into our side.

Blood+

Country flag
Flappy-winged drones cannot carry anything except scan a particular area without getting detected. They are useful in lower altitudes where there is sufficient vegetation, trees and people, as birds are always common in such areas.

But given the average altitude and lack of vegetation on the Indo-Tibetan border, they are a dead give-away and will be shot if they cross into our side.
True but it'll be quite a challenge to detect them in the first place.

mokoman

Country flag
L&T just build a repair facility at nyoma IA base , whats first thing army do ?

post location of building and interior pictures for everyone to see . no opsec ,

someone in PLA planning office just added this building to their list , if war starts they gonna bomb this thing first day.

vidhwanshak

Country flag

post location of building and interior pictures for everyone to see . no opsec ,

someone in PLA planning office just added this building to their list , if war starts they gonna bomb this thing first day.

clowns of the highest order

vampyrbladez

Country flag

Not an ornithopter drone but a smaller Quadcopter.

“We have associated with the armed forces for various programmes involving drones since the inception of AMUAS in 2015. Col Kapil Yadav, commanding officer of 9 Para SF, is a friend from the service, and he asked us if we could provide them with a small drone based on their requirements for a particular task. They did not disclose anything about its purpose and we made a lightweight drone with night vision capability. We delivered it to them and trained the team to use it. Much later after the mission the drone had some repair works and they brought it to us. It was then we were informed by the CO about the mission and that our drone saved the lives of his soldiers,” said Vinod, who is the director of AMUAS.

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/koc...s-a-souvenir-now/amp_articleshow/80159602.cms

Army however later denied that this ever happened. ((Plausible deniability))
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.time...surgical-strikes/amp_articleshow/80183054.cms

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag

But if you post a 3-year-old grainy satellite picture of anything remotely armed forces all the veterans will get instant diarrhea caused by "national security compromised".

On a serious note, Nyoma is so close to LAC, and given Chinese have surplus guided rocket artillery, they can afford to target any and every permanent structure at Nyoma, if the situation comes to that.

indian_blues

Country flag
Came across this tweet posted on Israeli Palestinian conflict …. Distressing I’m sure it is from LAC

omaebakabaka

Let;s wait till 10t GDP before we invest in MIC, frankly we have very difficult position surrounded by enemies on all sides and internal due to our own cucked mindset. 10t GDP or 100t gdp is not going to change things when you are fundamentally a dove vs eagle....sample on this forum is enough to conclude this about how people think. If one can't match symetrically then focus needs to be on asymmetric edge, we fail there too....even Iran, Turkey have immense soft power that they leverage in terms of proxies. All that happened is caste equalisation never really achieved objective elevation but collective downward journey....no one takes pride in their job and show any honesty.....farmers became samurai's in Japan post edo in spirit collectively but in Bharat kshatriyas and everyone else became wimps. Thjere is no strategic thinking far ahead and laying down the plans....its always REACTIVE in a bad way

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Let;s wait till 10t GDP before we invest in MIC, frankly we have very difficult position surrounded by enemies on all sides and internal due to our own cucked mindset. 10t GDP or 100t gdp is not going to change things when you are fundamentally a dove vs eagle....sample on this forum is enough to conclude this about how people think. If one can't match symetrically then focus needs to be on asymmetric edge, we fail there too....even Iran, Turkey have immense soft power that they leverage in terms of proxies. All that happened is caste equalisation never really achieved objective elevation but collective downward journey....no one takes pride in their job and show any honesty.....farmers became samurai's in Japan post edo in spirit collectively but in Bharat kshatriyas and everyone else became wimps. Thjere is no strategic thinking far ahead and laying down the plans....its always REACTIVE in a bad way
It's not the weekend yet to start RR.

I never said we should not invest in MIC, we are already doing it. In fact, what I wish/advocate means nothing. I just explained to you the mentality & reason for the inaction of the GoI.

mokoman

Country flag

I never said we should not invest in MIC, we are already doing it. In fact, what I wish/advocate means nothing. I just explained to you the mentality & reason for the inaction of the GoI.

my IIT teacher used to say 'why put off for tommorow what u can do today"