India-China Border conflict

Jimih

Country flag

flanker99

Country flag
So Bhutan's king is compromised.

Wish that Indian govt does a Sikkim on this tiny kingdom.
Unlikely i say whatever they are saying probably has indian backing and it makes sense for them in the current scenario....no different from koi nahi ghusa...if he was compromised i doubt we would still be in power

Jimih

Country flag
Unlikely i say whatever they are saying probably has indian backing and it makes sense for them in the current scenario....no different from koi nahi ghusa...if he was compromised i doubt we would still be in power
These areas of Bhutan are what China claims
images (9).jpeg

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Folks a thought as China coming too close to Russia
They can get their oil and gas requirements from them and that too in unlimited quantity through pipelines
Their reliance on Malacca strait will decrease exponentially
So don't we have to reformulate our strategy I mean our Navy is much focused on blocking the sea routes and all but after this move there will be no use of this
Wont block oil, but can still kill their economy.

Jimih

Country flag
that said the situation around doklam remains tricky to handle for us
It remains tricky because Bhutan is giving 'mixed signals' to us.

and likely to further aggravate chinese aggression
Ab iss baat ke dar se chup toh nahi baithna hoga na!

Listen to our COAS's recent statement, they have got the green signal from GoI. They are now directly naming China.

Earlier this was not the thing.

mokoman

Country flag
Bhutan wants India to settle Doklam .

most likely Bhutan will give up its claim most places except Doklam , China will make some concessions - provided that Bhutan start official diplomatic relations with China .

gonna be the first nail in INdia-bhutan relation.

indian_blues

Country flag

most likely Bhutan will give up its claim most places except Doklam , China will make some concessions - provided that Bhutan start official diplomatic relations with China .

Make bhutan another sikkim to resolve the issue.

Jimih

Country flag

Just mentioned yesterday here in this thread that Bhutan has surrendered to China by giving up its territory.

This thread explains it all

mokoman

Country flag
Chinese promised to intervene incase India tried to forcibly merge Sikkim back then . they couldnt do much .

with Bhutan there will be strong local , international and chinese opposition so sadly not possible now .

Just mentioned yesterday here in this thread that Bhutan has surrendered to China by giving up its territory.

This thread explains it all

i think doklam will be safe . rest remains to be seen . doesnt look like India has any say on rest of areas.

most likely a chinese embassy will come up in Bhutan in next 5 or 10 years.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Impossible China is not of 1970-80 its a much powerful nation things won't go smooth here they win never let that happen until their existence
They will never let happen sikkim blunder to them again things can also turn hot as Chinese know let Bhutan go will give us a lot of advantage
Either resistance or war is inevitable

SKC

Country flag
Impossible China is not of 1970-80 its a much powerful nation things won't go smooth here they win never let that happen until their existence
They will never let happen sikkim blunder to them again things can also turn hot as Chinese know let Bhutan go will give us a lot of advantage
Either resistance or war is inevitable
Can you stop your China Simping for once!

Clairvoyance

Country flag
What can China do if India annexed Bhutan that they are not already doing now?

If China wants to make a move against India, they will do so based on how the PLA sees the balance of forces in the Himalayas. India not taking Bhutan won't stop them, so neither can it be assumed that India annexing Bhutan will cause them to act differently.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
What can China do if India annexed Bhutan that they are not already doing now?

If China wants to make a move against India, they will do so based on how the PLA sees the balance of forces in the Himalayas. India not taking Bhutan won't stop them, so neither can it be assumed that India annexing Bhutan will cause them to act differently.
They will move against us in bhutan itself
There is no democratic thing going in bhutan as I far as I know. So what one will exploit?
And sikkim was a actual Protacrate, is bhutan a real protacrate? I don't know
They are depending on us but we don't have massive indian army presence in bhutan as far as I know.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles