India-China Border conflict

Optimistic Nihilist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Dude big chunk of China’s chips come from Taiwan afaik
That WAS the case. It all stopped under Trump. Taiwan or any American company or even any European company as far as I know, is not allowed to sell chips to China.

Most of China's chips are either domestically produced, which is why it is inferior to that of Taiwan's, or imported from other countries, Israel for example.

SavageKing456

Country flag
Taiwan's identity is complicated, the vast majority of the populace are some variant of what we consider Chinese (either Hakka, Fujian/Hoklo, or "Mainlanders" who are those who emigrated from elsewhere in China, and particularly those who immigrated after the loss of the KMT in the civil war) but that masks the enormous divide between the first two groups and the latter group (and of course including the aboriginal groups, who while small demographically are important especially in political narratives) thanks to how the KMT governed post 1949, in which mainlanders basically had a monopoly on politics and all major socioeconomic positions and heavily pushed the notion that Taiwan was just another part of China.

The anti-KMT politicos in response really spawned the modern notion of Taiwanese identity as an almost Americanesque melting pot culture, and pushed to highlight its uniqueness and differences from mainland China. Since the 1990s this unique sense of Taiwanese identity has really took off and absolutely dominated in the past few years as the CCP has fallen back into heavy handed authoritarianism. The Hong Kong response was a disaster for China in the long term identity debate in Taiwan in my opinion.

If China manages to successfully take it over, it would remain to be seen if they can successfully suppress the Taiwanese who would resist them. In all probability it will be, like I said, their Vietnam moment. A mini-Syria, if you will.
China would not hesitate to kill millions to maintain hegemony it will also prove XI's ability to be like Mao it would kill people before it can become a pain for chinese.

Optimistic Nihilist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
IMO, China will seek for a 'Color Revolution' inside Taiwan.

Taiwan is not Crimea, it will retailiate, whether the end results will be in their favour or not.
Militarily speaking, Taiwan will lose easily, assuming there is no outer involvement. But it will continue to be a pain in the ass, kinda like the Irish civil war situation.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
That WAS the case. It all stopped under Trump. Taiwan or any American company or even any European company as far as I know, is not allowed to sell chips to China.

Most of China's chips are either domestically produced, which is why it is inferior to that of Taiwan's, or imported from other countries, Israel for example.
*Not allowed to sell lithography equipment.
What do you think fuels the made in China electronics?
Had chip supply been banned to china, all electronics supply chains would’ve moved out of china overnight.

Optimistic Nihilist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ofcourse it would be difficult but who will punish china once it is military,economic powerhouse at the cost of escalation and china would easily threaten nuclear war
I don't know about military or economic powerhouse. Even if they manage to take over Taiwan, the war and the subsequent cost of controlling it would ravage both their military and economic position.

Plus, it could also be the case that if China invades Taiwan then the semiconductor chip factories will be razed to the ground before the CCP gets anywhere near them. That would make the most valuable reason for which the war would be fought, vanish.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

vidhwanshak

Country flag
*Not allowed to sell lithography equipment.
What do you think fuels the made in China electronics?
Had chip supply been banned to china, all electronics supply chains would’ve moved out of china overnight.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

vidhwanshak

Country flag
I can't figure out why India isn't Salami Slicing in order to parley for concessions on Aksai Chin. It's more than possible in our border regions. Any conflict that breaks out will be localized. This is more true than people give it credit for.

Sehwag231

Country flag
I can't figure out why India isn't Salami Slicing in order to parley for concessions on Aksai Chin. It's more than possible in our border regions. Any conflict that breaks out will be localized. This is more true than people give it credit for.
Only reason our infrastructure is poor in border region as compared to China. So , we have more chance of losing land.