India-China Border conflict

Sanglamorre

Country flag
checked a bit . Russian equivalent is the iskander ballistic missile , similar warhead size and range .

internet claims they build ~1000 used about ~800 in ukraine .

seen them been used against ships , civi targets , foriengn merceniary base camps , ammo depots and shit.

:lehappy: with only 120 , pray we select our 120 special targets very carefully .
It's hard to think to convince ourselves that we need missiles when we're beating each other up with branches and sticks..

mokoman

Country flag
leaving aside the fact that this the first batch not the last, how many tactical targets will be there in 100-300 km range taking into account availability of brahmos, prithvi and pralay ?
cost is issue with brohmos , need a cheap rocket to thrash the chinese with . also i think its more of a area weapon

i mean just imagine 40 pralay striking this chinene tent city in galwan , war will be over next day

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Isn't cordyceps the zombie fungus that takes over insect dead bodies and controls them?

Are the Chinese trying to start another pandemic??
The one that infects insects such as ants is called Ophiocordyceps unilateralis fungus. It infects an insect, for e.g an ant through spores that attach to the Insect's exoskeleton, after which it penetrates the exoskeleton and takes over the behaviour of the host. After the host (in this case, an ant) is under the influence (or control would be a better word for this) of the fungi, the ants climb to a high point on a plant or tree after which they bite into a branch attaching themselves permanently until their death, the ant is then digested by the fungus and forms a fruit body with which the fungus can further spread its spores and continue its parasitic life cycle.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
The one that infects insects such as ants is called Ophiocordyceps unilateralis fungus. It infects an insect, for e.g an ant through spores that attach to the Insect's exoskeleton, after which it penetrates the exoskeleton and takes over the behaviour of the host. After the host (in this case, an ant) is under the influence (or control would be a better word for this) of the fungi, the ants climb to a high point on a plant or tree after which they bite into a branch attaching themselves permanently until their death, the ant is then digested by the fungus and forms a fruit body with which the fungus can further spread its spores and continue its parasitic life cycle.
I can literally see the shrivelled up body of a caterpillar attached to the cordycep pic though. It's also called caterpillar fungus and 'keeda'jadi.

The Chinese are hunting for the ones that attack stuff higher calibre than ants.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
cost is issue with brohmos , need a cheap rocket to thrash the chinese with . also i think its more of a area weapon

i mean just imagine 40 pralay striking this chinene tent city in galwan , war will be over next day

complexities are a plenty when we dig deep.
there is also a scenario where if brahmos is used against CCP, russi will stop co-operating on brahamos.

on the tent city, it's fish in a barrel situation even with 155 mm arty + shockwaves in relatively confined space with mountains on two sides.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
leaving aside the fact that this the first batch not the last, how many tactical targets will be there in 100-300 km range taking into account availability of brahmos, prithvi and pralay ?
It is tough to zero down on the number of BrahMos & Prithvi we have (which is a good thing), but I will assume all these years of stockpiling should be at least ~1000, but this can be a drastic under or over-estimation as well.

The number of targets depends on what we want to target. Chinese create extremely large camps protected by dugouts, so ~50 missiles per camp is expected.

To neutralize this camp, we need ~40-50 missiles, and considering the Chinese have 7-8 camps like this in Ladakh only, 120 Pralays will be good for taking out ~3 camps, which is only ~30% of the Chinese force in Ladakh only.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
India did sold Brahmos BM to Philippines, who have a maritime dispute with China and Russia didn't intervene.
things have changed, chini are russi biggest energy customer now. and so far data hasn't come out on how reliant russi MIC is on chini MIC to replenish their military stockpile because of ukraine conflict.

the usual caveat, not saying this is the scenario, rather one of the possible scenarios.

jai jaganath

Country flag

That's why we need a subsonic cruise missile
Which has low cost but accurate and efficient though
Just like see how Russians using Kalibr
So nirbhay should be our top priority but sadly it's going nowhere

indiatester

Country flag
It is tough to zero down on the number of BrahMos & Prithvi we have (which is a good thing), but I will assume all these years of stockpiling should be at least ~1000, but this can be a drastic under or over-estimation as well.

The number of targets depends on what we want to target. Chinese create extremely large camps protected by dugouts, so ~50 missiles per camp is expected.

To neutralize this camp, we need ~40-50 missiles, and considering the Chinese have 7-8 camps like this in Ladakh only, 120 Pralays will be good for taking out ~3 camps, which is only ~30% of the Chinese force in Ladakh only.
We have tested so many more Brahmos than any other missile (even Prithiv?)
I think your 1000 estimate may be lower than the actual stockpile.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
I can literally see the shrivelled up body of a caterpillar attached to the cordycep pic though. It's also called caterpillar fungus and 'keeda'jadi.

The Chinese are hunting for the ones that attack stuff higher calibre than ants.
Its called Ophiocordyceps sinensis and It takes over and parasitizes larvae of ghost moths after which it produces a fruiting body. This fruiting body is valued as a herbal remedy and in traditional Chinese medicine (Explains why the Chinese are after it).

That so called "shrivelled you body of a caterpillar" is the mummified remains of the caterpillar stage of a ghost moth.

jai jaganath

Country flag
We have tested so many more Brahmos than any other missile (even Prithiv?)
I think your 1000 estimate may be lower than the actual stockpile.
All those tests are for capability extension
Having even 1000 bhramos is very costly having more than that is not a question
I believe nos are far less than 1000s
As its damn costly to be used in mass
The only solution is subsonic missiles
I think why haven't army imported kalibr for so many years

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
If you don't understand it, don't make it up. Cordyceps sinensis is used to treat lung disease, cough, sore throat, and has nothing to do with sex drugs,
Ignorant CCP propaganda-swallower, you finally escape the clutches of Chinese great-firewall to taste the freedom of free internet, but why do you waste your freedom to show your ignorance? Go read articles, see the real world, be enlightened.

From the article -
The fungus cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis, Ophiocordycipitaceae) has been known as an effective tonic and aphrodisiac in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and is increasingly used in China as a popular dietary supplement and/or medicine
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you would be interested in escaping the dictatorial clutches of CCP and live more freely? I can get you in contact with Indian agencies who will be willing to take you out of Chinese hellhole.

Or perhaps, you need some medicine for COVID ? I can ship you some paracetamol and even throw you a actual, working COVID vaccine (not saline water like Sinovac) ?

Jimih

Country flag
Ignorant CCP propaganda-swallower, you finally escape the clutches of Chinese great-firewall to taste the freedom of free internet, but why do you waste your freedom to show your ignorance? Go read articles, see the real world, be enlightened.

From the article -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you would be interested in escaping the dictatorial clutches of CCP and live more freely? I can get you in contact with Indian agencies who will be willing to take you out of Chinese hellhole.

Or perhaps, you need some medicine for COVID ? I can ship you some paracetamol and even throw you a actual, working COVID vaccine (not saline water like Sinovac) ?
This is Lixun from Tangshan, China.

He again re-appeared with a different ID.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles