India-China Border conflict

TopWatcher

Country flag
Atleast current GoI is not signing secret memorandums with Chinese CPC
View attachment 186844

Or

Threatening journalists with jail time
View attachment 186845

Congress govt didn't took Border Roads Infrastructure and Defence aqusitions seriously in its 60 year reign.

Ultimately Indian Military had to take control in its own hands and attempted to open the eyes of the then GoI.

No doubt this govt is much better than UPA era, issue is change the mindset.

jai jaganath

Country flag
not depsang , just portion of depsang bulge . according to BJP party in 2013 it was indian land , now its just legacy issue .

no idea if its actually "indian land"TM or not , only gov knows . possible that its outside actual LAC .
I have also mentioned the hypocrisy of BJP in my post too
And sorry I wanted write bulge but in hurry I post it

mokoman

Country flag
I have also mentioned the hypocrisy of BJP in my post too
And sorry I wanted write bulge but in hurry I post it
i wouldnt call it hypocrazy , its just how politics is .

Atleast current GoI is not signing secret memorandums with Chinese CPC
View attachment 186844

Or

Threatening journalists with jail time
View attachment 186845

Congress govt didn't took Border Roads Infrastructure and Defence acquisitions seriously in its 60 year reign.

Ultimately Indian Military had to take control in its own hands and attempted to open the eyes of the then GoI.

This is Congress style of "Democracy".
Congress govt didn't took Border Roads Infrastructure and Defence acquisitions seriously in its 60 year reign.

2013 stand off took place because UPA was building road in eastern ladakh

that road was sanctioned in vajpayee era .

road was sanctioned in vajpayee era because chinese fucked us .

we got fucked in 2013/2014 so we started more construction and announced more roads , biggest one is the arunachal frontier road . 8 years its still in 'planning'

NDA is still light year better than UPA but feels like even that isnt enough . only question now is how fast we can build and how chinese will react.

Jimih

Country flag
so we started more construction and announced more roads , biggest one is the arunachal frontier road . 8 years its still in 'planning'

NDA is still light year better than UPA but feels like even that isnt enough . only question now is how fast we can build and how chinese will react.
In the last 5 years, we built more border roads, bridges and tunnels along and vicinity of the LAC than the last 60 years combined of the earlier Govts (Vajpayee and Congress era).

While we have a quite a long way to go, our pace of infra development along the LAC will be going to match (and in some places matching) with China.

TopWatcher

Country flag
i wouldnt call it hypocrazy , its just how politics is .

2013 stand off took place because UPA was building road in eastern ladakh

that road was sanctioned in vajpayee era .

road was sanctioned in vajpayee era because chinese fucked us .

we got fucked in 2013/2014 so we started more construction and announced more roads , biggest one is the arunachal frontier road . 8 years its still in 'planning'

Congress never taken anything seriously about this country. They just use this country for enjoyment.

God knows how they build IITs , may be some good person suggested them.

NutCracker

Country flag
Congress never taken anything seriously about this country. They just use this country for enjoyment.

God knows how they build IITs , may be some good person suggested them.
Because Luckily there wasn't reservation criteria in selecting professors for IITs, otherwise it would've ended up like every other underperforming govt entity.

mokoman

Country flag

Alamarathan

Country flag
@mokoman
Correct me if i am wrong,

My understanding wrt LAC is,in between our lac and Chinese lac,we have a buffer zone where no parties are allowed to cross,but noodles regularly tresspass+ encroach the said areas.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
@mist_consecutive can they hide jets in the shelters . any way to give estimate.

very recent images , always low count.

I mean, that is the whole point of the shelters. IAF recently has adopted a stringent rule of stuffing every jet into the shelter, HAS or not so that satellite images are completely clean.

For the estimation of enemy air activity, I gauge our own air activity in response to the enemy. For example, look at our counter-build-up and AWACS/refueller activity.

@mokoman
Correct me if i am wrong,

My understanding wrt LAC is,in between our lac and Chinese lac,we have a buffer zone where no parties are allowed to cross,but noodles regularly tresspass+ encroach the said areas.
Nope, there is no buffer zone as such apart from the ones created post-2020-Galwan conflict. Each side can and does patrol up to its own interpretation of LAC. Sometimes this "interpretation" is not agreed upon by the other side, hence clashes take place.

mokoman

Country flag

16th talks failed , but 2 months later both sides moved back from pp15 , indian side vacating a large important stretch - more area than chinese .

possible something similar will happen atleast in demchok - smol chene dharna going on there for long time .

Anandhu Krishna

Quoting from the article,
"A significant military standoff near Tawang in 1986-87 prompted India to make Yangtse a stronghold. In the India-Pakistan 1999 war in Kargil, Chinese troops occupied tactical positions in Yangtse before withdrawing. "
In addition to Pangong Tso & Yangtse, did China make any other moves during Kargil conflict?

Another quote,

By engaging in such an intrusion, the PLA is able to strategically position any 'retreat' to a higher location on the plateau. For example, part of the retreat after the 9 December skirmishes was to a small camp at the road terminus roughly 150m from the LAC, which enables China to message such a retreat as a concession or de-escalation rather than an escalatory step or one that changes the status quo.

mokoman

Country flag
Quoting from the article,
"A significant military standoff near Tawang in 1986-87 prompted India to make Yangtse a stronghold. In the India-Pakistan 1999 war in Kargil, Chinese troops occupied tactical positions in Yangtse before withdrawing. "
In addition to Pangong Tso & Yangtse, did China make any other moves during Kargil conflict?
dont think this is accurate . chinese didnt occupy yangste . after they build a road in pangong to f4 "we" occupied water fall area in yangste and destroyed their bridge ~2001 . we did what chinese did at pp17 - effectively pushed the boder out like a bulge - survey of india doesnt even show this area as inside our official border line

chinese and tibetans used to come collect the holy water . that no longer happens - we offered pass for them but CCP refused.

Another quote,

By engaging in such an intrusion, the PLA is able to strategically position any 'retreat' to a higher location on the plateau. For example, part of the retreat after the 9 December skirmishes was to a small camp at the road terminus roughly 150m from the LAC, which enables China to message such a retreat as a concession or de-escalation rather than an escalatory step or one that changes the status quo.
150m camp been there for some time , there really is no message here . we hold the ridge .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles