India-China Border conflict

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Just completed reading Shiv Aroor's newly released book, which has first-hand narratives from soldiers of 16th Bihar.

Awesome stuff ! A lot of new information, clarity and confirmations of what we already knew. Will share shortly.
Ah, actually there is too much to write, just ask me questions, I will answer :troll:

Kumaoni

Just completed reading Shiv Aroor's newly released book, which has first-hand narratives from soldiers of 16th Bihar.

Awesome stuff ! A lot of new information, clarity and confirmations of what we already knew. Will share shortly.
Same. Just bought it last week. I’m currently on the part about the May Pangong Tso clashes

Kumaoni

This clash at pangong Tso on May 5th 2020, we need more info on this. I believe it was caught on video too, it seems like Indians won as they captured a PLA personnel

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Huzoor, post pictures of the juicy pages.
I initially thought of uploading the whole chapter, but I guess it would be wrong for Shiv Aroor and others who did the hard work of writing this book. I want people to buy this book, because there are many other good stories in it :)

does it talk about us crossing PP14 ? or is the narrative still that LAC is at PP14
The narrative does not mention anything about where the LAC is. However, you can figure out that LAC was clearly some area ahead of PP14.

For example, there are mentions that local commanders were worried that Chinese patrols started to come "way past" their zone, all the way to PP14. Also, that makeshift helipad at PP14 was made in the early June area without any clear opposition from the Chinese, who were rather slowly encroaching and testing the patience of IA by approaching PP14.

mokoman

Country flag
not big deal but interesting development

:lehappy: chinese building feeder roads to valleys we have little easy access. we have no roads/posts nearby . what could go wrong ?

Last edited:

Articles