India-China Border conflict

maximus777

Country flag
Maybe IAF is flying with clubs and spears on the wings instead of A2A or A2G missiles in keeping with the guidelines of peej price seeking supreme leader and "koi nahi ghussa" theme.

Sarcasm aside, I hope we are lighting them up with ground based SAM radars and A2A ones of jets on CAP. The least we can do is put the fear of guaranteed retaliation in the pilot's mind. Maybe even knock a couple of PLAAF planes out of the sky which got too adventurous and then claim airspace "violation". With LAC being vague and neither side agreeing on anything, the responsibility lies on the PLA side which thought this brinkmanship was necessary.

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
These type of things are completely normal I would say, both countries are trying to test and study each other's response and tactics.

By the way any idea which jets IAF had scrambled in response to this Chinese act?

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
China does these type of things quite occassionally with countries like Malaysia, Japan, Taiwan etc.

In my opinion they have the following motives while doing these type of acts :
1. To study the response, tactics of the Airforces of these countries which is obvious.
2. To make them purposely exhaust their airframe life. For example in may 22, during a QUAD meet in Tokyo, Japan scrambled it's jets to intercept Chinese and Russian Planes.

For example let's take Taiwan. Taiwan is the closest to Chinese mainland at a distance of 100 miles (161 kilometers) east of mainland China, across the Taiwan Strait. China can rapidly send planes towards the Taiwanese and the Taiwanese will keep scrambling their jets and this will make it expensive for them in maintenance due to so much usage.

In my opinion this is what is China's tactics against small neighbouring Countries's Airforces. These nations are already having a small Airforce.

Please note this is my personal opinion, you are free to agree or disagree with me on this one.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Chicken neck is a known choke point and if push comes to shove, will IA/IAF cut through northern Bangladesh with or without their consent? I suspect Raqibools will object to it, but experts on the forum, any thoughts?
Ofcourse nobody is stupid.

There is some sort of understanding between India and Bangladesh about it. I have heard few years back there is road through Bangladesh which connects NE region.

Infact there must be a secret aggreement of using Bangladesh airspace in such situation for sure.

But my opinion is, India should not rely on Bangladesh, not even think of their help. Better prepare for eventuality.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Chicken neck is a known choke point and if push comes to shove, will IA/IAF cut through northern Bangladesh with or without their consent? I suspect Raqibools will object to it, but experts on the forum, any thoughts?
Chicken Neck is a known choke point -> Misconception.

IA/IAF cut through northern Bangladesh with or without their consent ? -> IMO no such plans exist, at least overtly. I believe in the case of the Indo-China war Bangladesh would try to remain neutral, so don't have high hopes.

Can we force them to give us passage? -> We probably can keep driving through their territory without resistance, it's not like there is any border fence there. But it will be a bad idea, because like small dogs bark harder, small countries get offended and insulted easily.

mokoman

Country flag
meh , if war comes we will fly our jets across bangaldesh , their area near chicken neck is just plain fields , we will drive tanks , what ever across it .

if they complain we will just

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
I was reading the famous "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu, and I was astounded by how closely the Chinese Army follows the logic/instructions !

Everything that happened in 2020-2021 vis-a-vis Indo-China border issue, as well as current developments, are book moves originating straight from the Art of War !

Of course, a large part of it may be obvious instructions, but the Chinese have even followed the close nitty-gritty details.

Interesting, that makes them predictable !

Kumaoni

I was reading the famous "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu, and I was astounded by how closely the Chinese Army follows the logic/instructions !

Everything that happened in 2020-2021 vis-a-vis Indo-China border issue, as well as current developments, are book moves originating straight from the Art of War !

Of course, a large part of it may be obvious instructions, but the Chinese have even followed the close nitty-gritty details.

Interesting, that makes them predictable !
In 1962 they had a deliberate logistic chain where they employed thousands of civilians to feed their soldiers, provide equipment, spares, etc etc, whereas Indian soldiers weren’t even prepared for winter and were under stocked on ammunition.

Logistics Is the key to winning here. I keep on saying this.

mokoman

Country flag
Why is it a misconception ? details bls.
chicken neck is a choke point as its only 23 km wide at its narrowest point . if it gets blocked then north east gets "cut off "

only thing is , its impossible for PLA to get there . only way to get to it is through sikkim or their chumbi valley which itself is a choke point . if they try it , they will get blown into million peices.

maybe they can sit in chumbi valley and fire some rockets at it , blocking the road or something , but even that sounds stupid.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
In 1962 they had a deliberate logistic chain where they employed thousands of civilians to feed their soldiers, provide equipment, spares, etc etc, whereas Indian soldiers weren’t even prepared for winter and were under stocked on ammunition.

Logistics Is the key to winning here. I keep on saying this.
It ain't you who has kept saying it, literally, everybody is saying it, in fact, this has been known since ancient times that good logistics win wars.

Hmmm
interestingly that means no one in whole IA read it i guess or may have read it and not understood it in 60 yrs after the first skirmish tool place :confused1::confused1:
Fun fact, we have read it, and seen straight through Chinese deception !

For example, a day before our take-over of South Pangong Tso, Chinese and Indian generals actually agreed on keeping peace and the Chinese side was pretty open-hearted about it. Our generals correctly anticipated it as deceit to move forward/attack, and the same night, the Chinese made a move to capture South Pangong Tso.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
chicken neck is a choke point as its only 23 km wide at its narrowest point . if it gets blocked then north east gets "cut off "

only thing is , its impossible for PLA to get there . only way to get to it is through sikkim or their chumbi valley which itself is a choke point . if they try it , they will get blown into million peices.

maybe they can sit in chumbi valley and fire some rockets at it , blocking the road or something , but even that sounds stupid.
Truth.

People who have visited that part of the country can attest just how absolutely filled with military presence it is. I always compare Sikkim mountains to anthills. The hills are filled with IA camps at every corner.

Also, the Chinese ain't coming down those mountain roads.

The air will be saturated with airbases that dot the region as well

Articles