India-China Border conflict

Angel of War

Country flag
And if you want to fight a war of attrition, then why not allow chinese to march in Assam, its urban area perfect for war of attrition when compared to pleatues and table lands of ladakh or arunachal.
War of attrition is easier in the mountains than in the plains. Enemy has very little room to maneuver
Plus , china dosen't want to march into assam , their war objective is to capture a few strategic areas in arunachal like tawang which has great significance in tibetan culture . Even if we invite them to invade assam they will not accept it , they are not stupid you know.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
War of attrition is easier in the mountains than in the plains. Enemy has very little room to maneuver
on defense against the Chinese, our best weapons are Himalayas and the weather.

our weapons will not match the damage inflicted on the Chinese by these two.

Angel of War

Country flag

That's what I tell people. Thank god for the himalayas we don't have to face swathes of chinese combined arms formations which are completely mechanised . They would have obliterated us long ago if it weren't for the himalayas .

TopWatcher

Country flag

That's what I tell people. Thank god for the himalayas we don't have to face swathes of chinese combined arms formations which are completely mechanised . They would have obliterated us long ago if it weren't for the himalayas .
Chalo sir app long bata doo hum kab ladd sakte hai. Kab hum keh sakte hai hum ladne layak hoon gaye.

App ke hisab se 1980,1999,2010,2020 hum nhi lad sakte. This means india not progress in defence not a inch. If we are so null in defence then why china pak not attacking us and take land in one go.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Chalo sir app long bata doo hum kab ladd sakte hai. Kab hum keh sakte hai hum ladne layak hoon gaye.

App ke hisab se 1980,1999,2010,2020 hum nhi lad sakte. This means india not progress in defence not a inch. If we are so null in defence then why china pak not attacking us and take land in one go.
define fight first.

If your question is, 'when will India march into Tibet and liberate it?' I would say not in next 20 years at least.
If your question is. 'can India defend itself against Chinese invasion today?' I would say we will defend successfully.

What did you infer from my post to ask such a question though?!

TopWatcher

Country flag
define fight first.

If your question is, 'when will India march into Tibet and liberate it?' I would say not in next 20 years at least.
If your question is. 'can India defend itself against Chinese invasion today?' I would say we will defend successfully.

What did you infer from my post to ask such a question though?!
But the way ur conversation goes it's sounds we are no where in defence, thank god himalaya that's why we are still save.

From 1962 uptill 60 years gone, asu said we are still weak then how we become stronger in next 20 years.

I think our mind never accepts that india has the capability to defend without himalayas

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
But the way ur conversation goes it's sounds we are no where in defence, thank god himalaya that's why we are still save.

From 1962 uptill 60 years gone, asu said we are still weak then how we become stronger in next 20 years.

I think our mind never accepts that india has the capability to defend without himalayas
That's not how I intended it.
It was to show how important these two factors are for defending, in case of a Chinese attack.

Himalayas are 'the wall' Chinese have to cross to attack us and the post was meant to show it will be difficult to cross that wall. Not a commentary on our military.
Even if they cross the wall, my belief is that our military will give the chinese a run for their money.

Angel of War

Country flag

maine kab kaha nahi lad sakte ? Have you even gone through my posts thoroughly ? We can fight today itself and still hold up our own , our defences are good. But the thing is it's not us who will start the war , it's the chinese who will seize the first initiative.

Angel of War

Country flag
That's not how I intended it.
It was to show how important these two factors are for defending, in case of a Chinese attack.

Himalayas are 'the wall' Chinese have to cross to attack us and the post was meant to show it will be difficult to cross that wall. Not a commentary on our military.
Even if they cross the wall, my belief is that our military will give the chinese a run for their money.
Exactly . Himalayas enable us to mount a successful defense and even provide us some ground for some limited offensives into chinese held territory

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Plus , china dosen't want to march into assam , their war objective is to capture a few strategic areas in arunachal like tawang which has great significance in tibetan culture . Even if we invite them to invade assam they will not accept it , they are not stupid you know.
Well last time they did marched into Assam. It's different thing that they went back, they took over entire nefa back then .
In 62 , I mean .
I pray to mata rani that when push comes to shove, we don't repeat mistakes of 62 and hold our positions there on the LAC itself.
Few kilometres here and there is no big deal .
In 2013 in daulat baig oldie the Chinese came many kilometres inside , the army was forced to remove its defensive positions by the government of the day , at last after galwan that jinx of 10 feet superior China man against weak yindu jawan is broken for good.

Angel of War

Country flag
Well last time they did marched into Assam. It's different thing that they went back, they took over entire nefa back then .
In 62 , I mean .
I pray to mata rani that when push comes to shove, we don't repeat mistakes of 62 and hold our positions there on the LAC itself.
They marched till foothill and bhalukpong which is 13km from assam . 62 is very different from 2022 . We had a single jeep track to tawang , and guess what , that too was built by the chinese . Today we have BCT road and OKSRT road to tawang , both are double lane highways and there are tunnels being built at lightning speed there . There are three divisions in tawang sector , the 5th MD , 21st MD , 71st MD . These divisions hold a single sector imagine . The chinese on the other side just have roads , they don't have permanent troops deployments on their side . This puts them at a disadvantage because they'll need to prepare their defences and acclimatise their troops whereas our defences are already ready with well acclimitised troops . The HQs at Tenga , dirang , Tawang hold formidable firepower . Four artillery brigades provide firepower to the tawang sector including some missile and rocket detatchments under IV corps

Last edited:

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
They marched till foothill and bhalukpong which is 13km from assam . 62 is very different from 2022 . We had a single jeep track to tawang , and guess what , that too was built by the chinese . Today we have BCT road and OKSRT road to tawang , both are double lane highways and there are tunnels being built at lightning speed there . There are three divisions in tawang sector , the 5th MD , 21st MD , 71st MD . These divisions hold a single sector imagine . The chinese on the other side just have roads , they don't have permanent troops deployments on their side . This puts them at a disadvantage because they'll need to prepare their defences and acclimatise their troops whereas our defences are already ready with well acclimitised troops . The HQs at Tenga , dirang , Tawang hold formidable firepower . Four artillery brigades provide firepower to the tawang sector including some missile and rocket detatchments under IV corps
What is the area of a sector. ?
Please explain with the help of a map if you can , if the map is of relevant area than its even better

Angel of War

Country flag
What is the area of a sector. ?
Please explain with the help of a map if you can , if the map is of relevant area than its even better
. The AoR of a formation is called the sector . It was earlier called the Kameng sector before the formation of tawang as a district . 4 corps is responsible for mounting the defense of tawang . I'm not really good with maps but I'll give you a general map
Tawang_district_with_labels.png

tawang-surrounding-area.jpg