India-China Border conflict

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Let me float my armchair theory and tell me if it's feasible.

Let's assume (hypothetically, of course) that the IAF is outclassed wholly and unarguably on a two front war.

Can implementing a change in our infantry composition (maybe even on a squad level) where every squad has a trained air guard with a MANPAD cause significant dent in enemy's capability?
How does MANPAD and it's behavior change with regard to aircrafts at high altitude?

I assume such a large dissemination of MANPADs will cause significant damage and will absolutely never let the enemy get complete air superiority, even if all IAF infrastructure is rendered useless.

Am I being unrealistically hopeful here?
What are the possible cons?

Any input is appreciated.
School me.
The strategy you explained, is currently used by Pakistan. They have a plethora of different types of MANPADs and in huge numbers, because they know they won't be able to outnumber IAF in a war.

Although it will work to some degree, as we have seen in Ukraine, Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen, and Kargil, this just slows down enemy advance. Pakistan and China have no incentive of flying aircrafts close and low like idiots of RuAF, they will quickly switch to high-altitude PGM bombing like we did in Kargil, and only target HVTs and critical infrastructure instead of providing close-air support.

The air force's job is not only stopping the enemy air force (air domination), but also attacking the enemies on the ground. Most of our air force disabled will also mean China/Pakistan's supply lines, air defense, artilleries, and ammo dumps remain unchallenged.

So yeah, coming back to it. MANPADS will work as a resistance element, but it won't change the tide of the war.

mokoman

Country flag
These jackets are american-supported,

Wearing a foreign military uniform is a bit weird and may lack winter clothing
shortage was highlighted by CAG in 2017 itself , still we had to go for US shit.

Wearing a foreign military uniform is a bit weird

it was funny seeing officers and generals of indian army wearing US uniform proudly .

we have this saying in kerala . "he is so shameless , if a banyan tree grows out of his ass , he will use it for shade "

i think atleast we started local production now , but god knows what actual ground reality is .

THESIS THORON

Country flag
shortage was highlighted by CAG in 2017 itself , still we had to go for US shit.

Wearing a foreign military uniform is a bit weird

it was funny seeing officers and generals of indian army wearing US uniform proudly .

we have this saying in kerala . "he is so shameless , if a banyan tree grows out of his ass , he will use it for shade "

i think atleast we started local production now , but god knows what actual ground reality is .
TYPICAL WHITES ARE SUPERIOR MENTALITY :dude:

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So folks it's completely clear the next war will be actual dual front war
These are indications and in future we all will hear more detailed and clearer warnings and indications and also with our name
It will all happen soon as 2024 is nearing
I guess both of them have completely formed a road map on how to defeat us

maximus777

Country flag
These are indications and in future we all will hear more detailed and clearer warnings and indications and also with our name
In some sense Russia-Ukraine war is crossing the Rubicon. In the last several decades the world has not seen wars between near peers and definitely not among "civilized" powers. Wars were not started on a whim (excluding middle east) but now I think we are somewhat in the early 20th century phase where wars are plausible. The taboo around it has been breached.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
nope, next war can literally turn into ww3, there were some leaked russian docs, there it is written chinks will invade taiwan this year.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Possible
But I have a feeling of us being first, might be wrong
Not possible. India china war, if it goes beyond skirmishes, will be disastrous for china. In an actual "invasion" of India, it is a practical guarantee that we will be getting massive amounts of western weapons. Not because they love us, quite the opposite - But because they hate the chinese more.

India might be a long term issue for the west, but china is already an issue for them.

Chinese would get bogged down fighting us, will not be able to go for taiwan at all. It makes a lot more sense to go for taiwan first, then India.

Russia already has taken quite a hit in Ukaraine, even by pro russian sources. And Russia-Ukraine disparity is nowhere close to Indo china.

Small skirmishes are still possible, and will probably happen in future.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Not possible. India china war, if it goes beyond skirmishes, will be disastrous for china. In an actual "invasion" of India, it is a practical guarantee that we will be getting massive amounts of western weapons. Not because they love us, quite the opposite - But because they hate the chinese more.

India might be a long term issue for the west, but china is already an issue for them.

Chinese would get bogged down fighting us, will not be able to go for taiwan at all. It makes a lot more sense to go for taiwan first, then India.
Number ladakh aur AP dono ka hi aayega. I hope tab tak koi "emergency purchases" na bachi ho

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

I am not talking about invading
What I am saying trespassing us and capturing strategic areas and heights while pressing our numerous pressure points and as a result we might give up or they might announce ceasefire after completion of their objective
After this they can portray themselves as a very big power something like 1962 but not completely like that

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The day taiwan gets assimilated into china, the next 5-10 years will be aimed at us.
Even this is possible as they have captured or sitting in few areas resulting in achieving atleast few of their objectives of 2020 skirmish and now it's pretty evident that we are no more serious about what they have taken as 2 years have passed and public has forgotten
Now they can concentrate on taiwan and gave us enough warning what will happen after taiwan
Possible