India-China Border conflict

Jimih

Country flag
that report wasnt published by an Australian newspaper , it was an article published by 1 guy on his own website citing some unknown social media research. there really is no proof .
You are right but isn't Chinese bloggers claim and US Intel claim almost matching ?

Chinese Weibo said 38 and US intel said 35.

JBH22

Apart from Indian statements, US and Russian intelligence reports 45 fatalities for the PLA.
That does not in any way bolster our position.
A picture is worth than thousand words. We accepted 20KIA, the only thing palatable to Indian would have been equal or greater KIA for PLA.
It boils down to number.

ShouvikGhosh

Country flag
That does not in any way bolster our position.
A picture is worth than thousand words. We accepted 20KIA, the only thing palatable to Indian would have been equal or greater KIA for PLA.
It boils down to number.
It took the Chinese 1 year to even identify these 4 soldiers. What where they doing in this 1 year ? If not erasing all evidence.

Majority of News agencies across the world from Russia, France & US have shown similar figures. And it's not a sensitive issue there so they wouldn't have the same level of scrutiny as we do.

As most of the deaths were from frostbite & open wounds. It's very hard to put a number. Because if you don't shoot a person you can't confirm his death. Without a medical checkup.

Even China didn't post the real images of that particular night in Galwan.

Cheepek

Russia "brokered" the support for Olympics from India, and in return we get this gift just at the onset of the games.
Russia should NOT be trusted for any so called intervention b/w India and China, it will ALWAYS undermine India's interests.
Also interesting to receive a response from USofA over this.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Nah, russian stance will always be "ladai jhadga maaf karo". Here, it is detrimental to us since we lose more by ignoring china than confronting china. Russia in Indo China affairs is like India in Russo-American affairs- Dont want top upset either.
Russia "brokered" the support for Olympics from India, and in return we get this gift just at the onset of the games.
Russia should NOT be trusted for any so called intervention b/w India and China, it will ALWAYS undermine India's interests.
Also interesting to receive a response from USofA over this.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Good news this Boycott is getting some major international coverage:

View attachment 135767
I am very happy with this Decision by India. There was no need to participate in such a game session.
~
The moment China announced that they were going to make this Chinese Soldier who was involved in Galwan 2020, we knew that China was trying to Taunt us.
~
Even countries like US ,Australia have boycotted these games, they don't have any border disputes so I knew that if such countries are ready to boycott them than we will 100% boycott them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got so much relief after they burnt that Flag.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Boycotting Winter olympics or burning Chinki flags is just symbolism.

It GOI really wants to get back at China, stop importing from them. The trade between India-China rose to over 100 billion $ last year, despite tensions. A complete embargo on Chinki goods (with exception to essential electronic componenets), will hurt the Chinks much more, than mere symbolism of boycotting the Olympics.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Boycotting Winter olympics or burning Chinki flags is just symbolism.

It GOI really wants to get back at China, stop importing from them. The trade between India-China rose to over 100 billion $ last year, despite tensions.
Than we need to start doing something about it. We keep buying Chinese Goods every year because they are cheap. We as citizens of India need to contribute towards boycotting Chinese Products.

Any suggestions for Chinese products which have an Indian Alternative made by an Indian Brand available? Like in terms of:
  • Mobiles
  • Laptops
  • Electric Appliances like Fans, Cooker etc
It will be a slow start but we should start regardless. Unfortunately it won't be as easy as it looks.

In 2019 the Trade fell from $92.8 billion to $87.6 billion in 2020 on account of the covid pandemic.

Now Sino-Indo trade is increasing time by time, what can we do?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Than we need to start doing something about it. We keep buying Chinese Goods every year because they are cheap. We as citizens of India need to contribute towards boycotting Chinese Products.

Any suggestions for Chinese products which have an Indian Alternative made by an Indian Brand available? Like in terms of:
  • Mobiles
  • Laptops
  • Electric Appliances like Fans, Cooker etc
It will be a slow start but we should start regardless. Unfortunately it won't be as easy as it looks.

In 2019 the Trade fell from $92.8 billion to $87.6 billion in 2020 on account of the covid pandemic.

Now Sino-Indo trade is increasing time by time, what can we do?
Nothing can be done brother it's cycle once u enter it it will never decrease
Trade will increase only option exists for our benefit is increase our exports to China which is not possible in this universe

Super Flanker

Country flag
Nothing can be done brother it's cycle once u enter it it will never decrease
Trade will increase only option exists for our benefit is increase our exports to China which is not possible in this universe
Unfortunately I agree with you. Chinese products have got a very strong Foothold in the Indian Market be it in the Mobile industry, toy industry etc. They have this strong Foothold because of their cheap price, most people in India use phones made by Chinese Brands like:
  • Vivo
  • Oppo
  • Lenovo (Motorola)
  • Meizu
  • Huawei
And many more such brands. Even I am using a Chinese phone to write my posts on this forum.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Unfortunately I agree with you. Chinese products have got a very strong Foothold in the Indian Market be it in the Mobile industry, toy industry etc. They have this strong Foothold because of their cheap price, most people in India use phones made by Chinese Brands like:
  • Vivo
  • Oppo
  • Lenovo (Motorola)
  • Meizu
  • Huawei
And many more such brands. Even I am using a Chinese phone to write my posts on this forum.
We must stop saying cheap phones that was nearly half a decade ago but now they leading in tech related to it offers unique and latest features in various price caps and not cheap nowadays
They are leading in mobile techs and everyone else are following them

Super Flanker

Country flag
We must stop saying cheap phones that was nearly half a decade ago but now they leading in tech related to it offers unique and latest features in various price caps and not cheap nowadays
They are leading in mobile techs and everyone else are following them
Bro I think so we need Start looking at alternative options at this point, look at indian brands like:
  • Lava.
  • Micromax.
  • iball.
  • Jio.
  • LYF.
  • Intex.
  • Karbonn.
  • Onida
Also what about other mobile brands like:
  • Pixel by Google – United States.
  • iPhone by Apple – United States.
  • Nokia – Finland.
  • Samsung – South Korea.
  • LG – South Korea.
  • Sony – Japan.
  • Panasonic – Japan.
  • BlackBerry – Canada
The above are not Chinese brands but the above Brands are quite expensive too. Especially iphones which are very expensive.

Anyways the problem is why will people in India buy these brands when you have Chinese brands with equal/nearly equal specs to big brands like Samsung etc? That is unfortunate. In my family also ,I ,My mother, Father, Uncle all use Chinese Phones because of mainly how Cheap they tend to be.