India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
LOL SAIC. Bhaad me gaya spare parts and resale value of MG Hector.
I can still adverstiment of the Hector's all over, but seen few Hector's AD's been taken out at the SELVEL's AD's board's.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I thought this things were faster at this speed it will take 2 days to go from finger 1 to finger 4:rofl:
Simple take a speed boat at quiet speed till finger 3 deploy the driver's at finger 4 mission completed, but I have questions about the survivability given the chinese boats patrol, they would be equipped with some kind of sonar's correct me if I am wrong's or they would go undectede's or I am reading the whole mission wrong's.

Tanmay

Country flag
Simple take a speed boat at quiet speed till finger 3 deploy the driver's at finger 4 mission completed, but I have questions about the survivability given the chinese boats patrol, they would be equipped with some kind of sonar's correct me if I am wrong's or they would go undectede's or I am reading the whole mission wrong's.
@Tanmay then can we conclude, that was wrong reporting by the wire?
if faulty sop, then also I'm not finding 15/20 min of engine start after 4hrs. or it's the new sop that is being followed there?

and I know T90 can fire missiles. but they were saying it can't. what's the case?
Regarding cold weather stuff, there will be some SOPs as lt.Gen points out. But funny that russian tanks which should have been at ease in extreme cold weather like native siberia have trouble here.

T-90 fires invar missiles. BDL makes it uncer license. Not sure if there are any issues now.

https://bdl-india.in/invar

Tanmay

Country flag
There are Diver Detection Systems to protect ports from enemy frogmen.

India just installed them some time back

https://www.iai.co.il/iai-completes-port-security-and-defence-project-india

https://www.business-standard.com/a...tion-sonar-to-indian-navy-117111601369_1.html

sample:

1595075463601.png

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag

If this is true, it's a good indicator of what a war will make out of the Chinese, and their performance in said war...
LOL They will just replace these soldiers with another batch of fresh ones. Who will know nothing (as CCP disclose nothing) about Indian might. And they will be arrogant as hell as these were before June 15. :crazy: :crazy: :dude::dude::smash:

212121.JPG

garg_bharat

Country flag
Well the same redtape of bureaucracy is there in militaray too

https://tkstales.wordpress.com/

More selective quoting

A fatal accident took place in Bhuj. .... (read entire article. I only quote selectively now ..)

Files of all Hunter accidents that were unresolved or had reports of rolling while going down were segregated. Between 1962 and 1978 there were more than ten cases. Then we started investigating technical health of each of these aircraft. Slowly it emerged that a particular technical instruction regarding the hydraulic system leading to the aileron servo dynes had not been implemented. It was strange that an instruction related to the control system was on concession on all Hunters throughout the Airforce for about fifteen years without raising a stink.

We went deeper. Logistically the mod kits had been received from the UK and had been distributed to the bases. In the base, the instructions were not carried out because the kits appeared to be incomplete, some parts could not be found/identified. We could not trace any activity to rectify this logistic/technical situation.

We enlarged our enquiry to technical training. It was discovered that the manufacturer had considered this instruction to be of critical importance and had offered to train one fitter for installing this instruction. A smart Sergeant was selected and sent. He completed his training and was complimented for his performance .

On return, the SNCO was posted to a non Hunter station far away because he had spent many years in the North: the rules demanded that he must share his time in the South or East. For the next fifteen years he never worked on a Hunter.

These accidents happened off many bases and on many exercises.

This story stands in the calendar year of 1977 or 1978. We flew the Hunter for more than another decade there after. Thankfully we did not have any further incidents of uncontrolled rolling.

The story gives me shivers even now. Why did so many of us senior guys fail our juniors over fifteen years and indirectly cause so many young deaths? If any of you young tech managers go through this story now and try to find parallels in the present environment, you might find some things that you have never imagined; who knows? You might end up with the satisfaction of saving some lives from accidents that get prevented by your actions.

I shall not spell out the lessons from this story. My readers are smart. They will find the lessons for themselves.
Incidents like these give me shivers. I live in an area where a lot of retired IAF techs live. And believe me military bureaucracy is as bad as civilian as per these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles