India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
According to latest info black top is currently under

a time share model . China occupies it upto 12 noon , then its India turn . weekend days both occupy it.

seriously tho , you are asking questions nobody can answer.
lol the perfect answer, can we pin answers here? so that anyone asking the question can see it ? mods?

Bhadra

Country flag
And how did we survey chinese side of LAC to a meter? Did chinese allowed us to enter their side because the map shows gridlines on their side as well
Our own Grids can be extended to some distance on known or satellite imagery but the enemy are is required to be surveyed one is in that territory especially for accuracy of fire, That is why we have a lot of SATA Regiment. One of their major function is the survey. Besides our Engineers are quite good in the survey (Survey of India is their baby) and many modern methods of survey exist to extend the grid at war footing..

For the information of all members here, Survey of India is not the repository of Military grids.. a special survey deptt exists under Military for such task and Military Grid Maps are Restricted in Classification .. LCA Marked Map is Confidential in classification ...

but look at the confidentially of ITBP ... in their hunger for the publicity they are compromising operational security ...

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Vehicle mounted one is general e.g. for cannon to be used against drones like USA is mounting on armoured vehicles and using radar assisted ones too for point defense.

Helis won't be readily available all the time and stinger/mistral can be used.

Oh Bhai.. what is the mobility and flexibility of a vehicle as compared to a helicopter ?

Can a vehicle be placed there everywhere and weapon used. I have my doubts even in tanks and BMP fulfilling the requirements of deployment in open of in hides in minus 30 degrees.. and the maneuver in given are according to enemy threat... you are talking of Ladakh...

I do not mind a canon deployed inside a dugout or a bunker and firing from there but Vehicle-mounted will have hundreds of problems..

It is the ground reality and not a theoretical issue...

Cartel Boss

Country flag
Thats THE HINDU news paper.. and we all know which side they bat for!
hold your horses before we all gallop into cofusion!
No amount of victories can convince the people with defeatist mindset that they are winners. Even on this very forum people were blaming Brahmins, Bengalis, Biharis, etc. when chips were down. There was one guy who was going on and on against Janevdharis. This is not even a crisis and people were acting like headless chickens. This is just a border skirmish. I shudder to think how they would act when actual war breaks out. A very simple fact that unless you are prepared to deal with defeat, you will never embark on victories is lost on some people.

Sehwag213

Country flag
Our own Grids can be extended to some distance on known or satellite imagery but the enemy are is required to be surveyed one is in that territory especially for accuracy of fire, That is why we have a lot of SATA Regiment. One of their major function is the survey. Besides our Engineers are quite good in the survey (Survey of India is their baby) and many modern methods of survey exist to extend the grid at war footing..

For the information of all members here, Survey of India is not the repository of Military grids.. a special survey deptt exists under Military for such task and Military Grid Maps are Restricted in Classification .. LCA Marked Map is Confidential in classification ...

but look at the confidentially of ITBP ... in their hunger for the publicity they are compromising operational security ...
Looks like you are correct 🤔

20200905_222821.jpg

Bhadra

Country flag
Vehicle mounted one is general e.g. for cannon to be used against drones like USA is mounting on armoured vehicles and using radar assisted ones too for point defense.

Helis won't be readily available all the time and stinger/mistral can be used.
If heli is not available then Army has ways and mean's to do that . Leave it to them but certainly mounting those on vehicles has very limited use.. vehicle-mounted AD system are used for mobile operations and not in the case of positional defenses.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
No looks like bat shit eaters has activated its 5th column inside our boundary to push its agenda . As per this map bat shit eaters can easily prove that we are the aggressor theory and show us violated the boundary . Some sinister play here going on . Looks like it was taken from ITBP office or something both journo and officer responsible should be kicked in their balls for this lapse
I think not... GOI has never stated anything about deployment on the various peaks or ridgelines.. Its all sources.. Is there any Ministry statement about deployment on helmet top or black top or any ridgelines..?

Bhadra

Country flag
Looks like you are correct 🤔

View attachment 58147
When I shouted first in the forum no one responded. But I was really alarmed ...

I am damn sure even MoD officials do not keep such Maps with them.. Even MEA do not keep military grids ...

How has ITBP committed such a sacrilege ... and TOI must be held responsible for it... Military commanders must be aghast at such a publicity-hungry ITBP .. have not they already done enough damage to LAC .... ????

It appears we have many Burqa Dutts in Media....

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag

omaebakabaka

When I shouted first in the forum no one responded. But I was really alarmed ...

I am damn sure even MoD officials do not keep such Maps with them.. Even MEA do not keep military grids ...

How has ITBP committed such a sacrilege ... and TOI must be held responsible for it... Military commanders must be aghast at such a publicity-hungry ITBP .. have not they already done enough damage to LAC .... ????

It appears we have many Burqa Dutts in Media....
I am sure our counter intelligence counters it to minimize damage.....I did not pay attention but whats the area roughly in that map?

LDev

Country flag
Any introduction of a weapons system includes significant costs in terms of time and money as also needs build up of support and replenishment infrastructure.

And why would we spend that amount for static weapons systems (relatively) when we can have lesser costs overall for highly mobile systems?
Kill 2 birds with one stone. The US recently tested a high velocity projectile fired from a self propelled 155MM howitzer to down a cruise missile. Obviously a very sophisticated network of sensors were needed to identify and track the missile in the first place, but imagine the hundreds of 155 MM howitzers spread out all across the LAC doing double duty as Chinese CJ-10/20 cruise missile shooters!!

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Taking a force under command means, the Force must be organized, trained and practiced for the envisaged tasks. Then it must be officered accordingly trained and brought up. Then there must be similarity of weapons and equipment particularly communication equipment. Here we have CRPF battalions functioning on motorolas and smoke discharges and tear gas equipment. Half of the force is above 45 years passing time to attain 56 to retire..

Their IPS bosses have deliberately turned all CAPF force into police constabulary rather than soldiers.. by the training they are more of Dunda masters or friskers rather than soldiers.. and that is not their fault...

So there are a lot of problems in relying on them for Army Tasks in the present form... worst they are not ready for a change especially hardcore resistance coming from their officer cadre..
The country can not wait for them to undertake Army tasks..
CRPF is a worst case scenario. Assam.Rifles, BSF, ITBP are good fighting force. If the need arises we can operationally train them to the needs of the army incorporated into infantry regiments. Those 3 forces can add around 200k extra "able" troops if we remove the flaps on them.
We should invest more in satellites, drones, surveillance equipment and use the army when and where required with precise intelligence.

Bhadra

Country flag
Giving the benefit of doubt..
what are the chances that the grid lines on the map in question are manipulated or distorted if its deployed in public domain as a ploy by us or the parties of Gobar times to portray India as aggressor!
As intelligence misinformation activity .. it can be done but that would require involvement of highest agencies like R&AW, IB and MI and special map printed by MOGSGS....

But see, If I get four objects in enemy areas as depicted in this map and able to determine their angular displacements, accurate distances, and trigonometric heights, determine value of Grid North then there is no problems in extending one's grid into enemy area,,

There are two uses of a military grid enemy Map - Knowing what enemy is doing where and extending own grid into the enemy area accurately...

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
It is true though....they are blocking some points that are preventing IA to patrol 700 sq km. I think the negotiations will mostly be around this and fingers.
That 900 km area .. just like the area being patrolled beyond F4.. was only accessible to Indian patrols because the chinese permitted it.. Unless we launch an attack and blow up the bottleneck so that it is accessible to Indian vehicles.. the accessibility of PP10 and other points in Depsang will be on China's meherbani..
But, such blocking of patrols is also against the spirit of peace and tranquility treaty which forbids explosives near the LAC.. in esence the chinese by blocking our patrols are giving India a reason to violate the treaty..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles