India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorcerer

Country flag
How the FUCK do you lose 900 Square Km of land in Ladakh without the Army intelligence or RAW knowing about it. The Hindu just reported that India lost 900 sq. km of land in the Depsang Plains of Ladakh ! All this while, I thought it was just a 5 or 10 Km of small strip of land.

But 900 sq km is a huge area of land that is equivalent to 30 km x 30 km parcel of land.............it is simply mind-boggling that China can come in and steal so much land without anyone knowing anything about it, until its too late.

What is the point of spending billions on AWACs and all kinds of radar and drones if someone can just come in and take 900 sq km of land, without even firing a single bullet ?

The Chinese must be laughing their asses off in Beijing at how easy it is to steal land from India. They must be marveling at how incompetent the Indian military intelligence agencies are.
Thats THE HINDU news paper.. and we all know which side they bat for!
hold your horses before we all gallop into cofusion!

omaebakabaka

During an actual war, I doubt any IAF fighters will use Leh, very close to the front line.They will all operate from <1000 feet airfields like Ambala, Bareilly, Adampur etc.
Correct, with its low range IAF will have less flexibility.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars now I understand the sensitivity about its. 🙁
Its official war room map. It comes under OSA. So many things come under it but still get reported.

omaebakabaka

It is true though....they are blocking some points that are preventing IA to patrol 700 sq km. I think the negotiations will mostly be around this and fingers.

Prakshepak

Country flag
I don't know why everyone's is twisted due to photo of some map. It's online photo, can always be denied as some over enthusiasm of some armchair generals like meself. Provided our ex-military doesn't validate it like they are doing right now. :frusty:

omaebakabaka

I don't know why everyone's is twisted due to photo of some map. It's online photo, can always be denied as some over enthusiasm of some armchair generals like meself. Provided our ex-military doesn't validate it like they are doing right now. :frusty:
Ethical news media need to confirm with GOI when in doubt before going infront of the world. It can be considered treacherous during war time.

sorcerer

Country flag
If the Map depicting LAC has been exposed deliberately to put people like Shukla and Sawney and Panag in docks .. that is the most stupid thing to do...

One does not compromise your military security to silent one worthless known baiter... come what may.. he will continue to do that till he is made a Party Nominee and spend Chinese money to and win elections..

Then he can infiltrate into the Defence committee, call one Chief and bullshit him like that stupid Raj Babbar .. then he will be defense Minister of Pappu Baba and become the richest man by importing Lockheed Martin stuff .. His line of activities are very clear..
Giving the benefit of doubt..
what are the chances that the grid lines on the map in question are manipulated or distorted if its deployed in public domain as a ploy by us or the parties of Gobar times to portray India as aggressor!

ninja hattori

Country flag
TSMC banned from supplying chips to China.
SMIC ban will cut out China from the chip-ecosystem.

Apple earlier relied on Intel chips (USA), now will shift to ARM chips (UK) by next year.
Would love a more elaborate explanation for a novice like me. Hope members will be ok wanting to know the individual affects of both ban.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Country flag
The 1000 sqkm magic number being quoted by The Yindoo and congis include the land lost by Bhosadiwale Chacha.

1000 sq km is roughly 250,000 acres, or roughly the area of Hong Kong SAR. You honestly believe we lost that much land since May?

omaebakabaka

Giving the benefit of doubt..
what are the chances that the grid lines on the map in question are manipulated or distorted if its deployed in public domain as a ploy!
I am sure enemy intelligence will cross check the validity. Harm is done if its leaked due to a security gap. If deliberate we can only speculate the intention of the GOI.

Brood Father

Country flag
The 1000 sqkm magic number being quoted by The Yindoo and congis include the land lost by Bhosadiwale Chacha.
If it is a whole number and that too a multiple of 100 and 90% chance that it is a fidget of imagination .. If 900 sq km was lost , we would have seen heads rolled off in South block and in army

mokoman

Country flag
Bdw any clarity. Whether we occupied blach top..many says yes...
Some says no...
@Mikesingh @Helifire @tigerhill

According to latest info black top is currently under

a time share model . China occupies it upto 12 noon , then its India turn . weekend days both occupy it.

seriously tho , you are asking questions nobody can answer.

shankyz

Country flag
Would love a more elaborate explanation for a novice like me. Hope members will be ok wanting to know the individual affects of both ban.
TSMC (from Taiwan) is the largest manufacturer of fabricated chips in the world - used in laptops, mobiles etc. TSMC is now creating chipsets at the 5nm level.

SMIC (from China) recently entered the fray with obvious aupport from the Chinese Govt. They even received a recent $2.2 Billion assistance from the CCP Govt. SMIC still works on the 14nm chipset technology.
(Lower the nm, smaller is the size with same or bigger computing power)

USA went first to block China's access to any chipset tech that uses US Tech - TSMC was one of them. As a result, Huawei etc. could not place orders with TSMC... they turned to SMIC then.

Now with SMIC on the US radar, Huawei cannot use them as well if ban goes into effect.

NOTE: China's domestic market will not be affected, but international customers will stay well away from them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles