India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorcerer

Country flag
ITBP takes control of key points along LAC, earlier unoccupied, Chief says the focus will now be on road construction: Reports

The ITBP troops were also involved in the recent operations along LAC to foil China’s attempts to alter the status quo. As Indian Army troops moved to dominate heights near the south of Pangong Tso, at least 30 personnel of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) occupied new positions near the key Black Top area that oversees China in the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh.

According to the reports, ITBP jawans, passing through Phurchuk La Pass has now occupied strategic heights that were earlier unoccupied. ITBP, till now, was deployed in the areas only north of Pangong at Dhan Singh Post near Finger 2 and Finger 3 area. The Indian troops have fortified the Indian border by occupying heights that can be used to keep vigil China’s People Liberation Army’s posts.

Gandaberunda

Country flag
This is not normal, we are technically at war and the information we are seeing is not for public and yet we are asking for more operational level information. Should the military confirm every operation achievement or set back immediately with general public?
Here is the issue. Normally general public wants to get information what's happening and expects govt to provide that but our govt is always lethargic or doesn't know to set a narrative. By the time all kind of narrative will be floated around and govt is always trying to catch up or damage control. If govt is quick and controls one dimensional narrative falling on line then these won't arise at first place. Even experts close to govt or have inside info peddle strange narrative even thou it's obvious sometimes false then obviously people will demand more to what available in public domain to clarify themselves.

Synergy

Country flag
No sir, I do not expect such comments from a Technically savvy member like you.

Firstly any ungridded map is a matter of public domain which are only marked with their Lats and Longs but a grided Map means flattened earth map wherein all the inaccuracy due to curvature of earth have been removed after survey... the area depicted is accurate down to one meter... the height dipped is absolutely surveyed to the point of contour intervals..

What is alarming is that it is a military grid Map... Military grids are classified.. I can enlarge it and read everything on it... one radio intercept of grid reference and I know exactly what is happening where... because if I get a military grid of one point there is no problem in extending the grid...

Give that map to me and I would not have much of difficulty extending the grid twenty km to the West and use that to bring down absolute pinpoint fire on the targets..

On top of that it contains the official order to Indian troops regarding LAC which is not a correct thing to convey by ToI, They have no such authority..

I think Nitin Gokhale is absolutely right in being alarmed.. I was also alarmed. A Marked map which many have kept close to their chest so long is being flaunted like this is nothing less than abject foolishness if not treachery..

I wish IB takes a note of it and responsible ITBP officer is punished for it...
Sir, now a days many sites (like Google maps) and softwares (Google Earth) have precise contour maps. plus China has already mapped/is mapping that area using drone and sats.
only problem may be yellowish and orangish colour. and reference of LAC. (no idea about detailed grid reference).

(Helmet top and Black Top
Black Top and ridgeline).

(@mods please edit/delete if inappropriate)

IMG_20200905_211941.jpg

IMG_20200905_211958.jpg

Last edited:

another_armchair

Country flag

China Using Congress' Shoulders to Fire at India, Alleges BJP
Congress signed an MoU with the CPC in 2008.

Rahul Gandhi is a signatory to the pact, isn't he?

Why be surprised if Rahul Gandhi does their bidding. It also opened the flood gates to Chinese participation in India.

omaebakabaka

Here is the issue. Normally general public wants to get information what's happening and expects govt to provide that but our govt is always lethargic or doesn't know to set a narrative. By the time all kind of narrative will be floated around and govt is always trying to catch up or damage control. If govt is quick and controls one dimensional narrative falling on line then these won't arise at first place. Even experts close to govt or have inside info peddle strange narrative even thou it's obvious sometimes false then obviously people will demand more to what available in public domain to clarify themselves.
I would counter it by saying that general public is actually more respectiful of the situation, its just new media that shoots in dark to sensentionalize.

another_armchair

Country flag
Sir, now a days many sites (like Google maps) and softwares (Google Earth) have precise contour maps. plus China has already mapped/is mapping that area using drone and sats.
only problem may be yellowish and orangish colour. (no idea about detailed grid reference).

View attachment 58144

View attachment 58145
Why are you sharing classified info?
Will attract pin point accurate fire from Mods.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Country flag
Cannons aren't just static you can mount them on vehicles too.

And we already operate 30 mm cannons . Rest gibberish abt cost blah blah is useless and laughable sorry abt it.

The amount spent on them is pretty low compared to the cost of missiles we use to take drones out.
Oh Bhai.. what is the mobility and flexibility of a vehicle as compared to a helicopter ?

Can a vehicle be placed there everywhere and weapon used. I have my doubts even in tanks and BMP fulfilling the requirements of deployment in open of in hides in minus 30 degrees.. and the maneuver in given are according to enemy threat... you are talking of Ladakh...

I do not mind a canon deployed inside a dugout or a bunker and firing from there but Vehicle-mounted will have hundreds of problems..

It is the ground reality and not a theoretical issue...

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
Congress signed an MoU with the CPC in 2008.

Rahul Gandhi is a signatory to the pact, isn't he?

Why be surprised if Rahul Gandhi does their bidding. It also opened the flood gates to Chinese participation in India.
not surprised even after China Infected millions of Indians with their bio weapon China flu . Traitors in government still traitors

Brood Father

Country flag

China Using Congress' Shoulders to Fire at India, Alleges BJP
Self goal by Gobar times ..BJP got the much needed break to counter INC ..seriously Gobar times vala needs a lesson or two from Porkies on how to muddle in indian politics ..

Varun2002

Country flag
India Today's simulated air survey of the border areas. Kudos to India Today TV!

Gandaberunda

Country flag
I would counter it by saying that general public is actually more respectiful of the situation, its just new media that shoots in dark to sensentionalize.
I mean general public mean the influential people politicians or experts and ofcourse lap dog TRP hungry I'm first I'm first exclusive media.
By the way many General public doesn't even know the difference between LoC and LAC.

omaebakabaka

I mean general public mean the influential people politicians or experts and ofcourse lap dog TRP hungry I'm first I'm first exclusive media.
By the way many General public doesn't even know the difference between LoC and LAC.
Ha ha I agree with the first part, but do not underestimate general public. They made congress eat dust.

captscooby81

Country flag
No looks like bat shit eaters has activated its 5th column inside our boundary to push its agenda . As per this map bat shit eaters can easily prove that we are the aggressor theory and show us violated the boundary . Some sinister play here going on . Looks like it was taken from ITBP office or something both journo and officer responsible should be kicked in their balls for this lapse

Maybe a deliberate leak to show that India has crossed the Rubicon and is now holding areas not just in No man's land, but beyond even India's own perception of LAC.. but within our own claim line..
So, does this mean that it is a signal to China, that we have our sights on Aksai Chin..?

Kumata

No looks like bat shit eaters has activated its 5th column inside our boundary to push its agenda . As per this map bat shit eaters can easily prove that we are the aggressor theory and show us violated the boundary . Some sinister play here going on . Looks like it was taken from ITBP office or something both journo and officer responsible should be kicked in their balls for this lapse
Blame it on their race to garner more TRP .... these morons can sell their family for these TRP and here we are talking of nation...

Gandaberunda

Country flag
I don't think why people are so furious crossing LAC? What PLA did from April? Aren't they aggressor? What happened till aug 29 we painted them aggressor? Did world community came with their military to fight for us chene being aggressor even after we lost 20 soldiers for their aggressive expansion. As soon as we took initiative to do reverse on them were hell scared of painted aggressor. Heck it's more than 5 days Gober time is ranting India crossed LAC no body gave a fuck to their cries.
We should take some bold steps against these bullies and we have done whether it's being aggressor or not.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Use towed ones , use roads , carry in parts or Air drop 🙂

Even the mountain is static anyway.

You don't have to dance around when you get the mountains, you use the heights to your advantage whether pointing at any random drone or providing fire works. Nor you have to put them or carry at Pointed nose tip of mountains.

omaebakabaka

only problem may be yellowish and orangish colour. and reference of LAC. (no idea about detailed grid reference).

(@mods please edit/delete if inappropriate)

View attachment 58144

View attachment 58145
Clearly the leaked map has information on how IA is perceiving certain areas like "bush", "digging" and so on....these are not found on any map and at best the enemy can guess....these are insights if its real. Certainly not for public....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles