India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

omaebakabaka

Defence Trade Union was formed in 1953, all went downhill after that.
The trade unions wouldn't dare go against British masters interest or they would have cut of their balls. They are freely arm twisting Government now because we let them.
soon after 1971 the OFB losts its charm, their once state of the art Factories were know dinosaur era relic, bringing OFB upto modern standards will need some 10 Billions.

Ideally Government must try to reform OFB into the lines of L&T with 51% government share holding.

Hey I'm not expert neither i am a viswagyani I'm just a arm chair general so I will lay out my thoughts.

- Sack those factories that are not productive Ex-OFB Kokata. (I have been there and the entire Compound is a bhoot bangla)
- Salvage the Productive ones, Ex OFB Tirchy
- Make a Corporate structure for OFB, A CEO, team of manager, board of scientists, board of military experts and a government representative.
- No IAS should even come close to the organisation again.
-Cut the Red tape. If army wants a weapon let them army dudes address the OFB cabinet directly, the Scientist will see the feasibility of the project, the team of managers will see the Feasibility of the project.
I would say, go a bit further and hire people that do smithy and other metal work as handed down from generations vs those trained for an year in workshops. Japan does it so well....their experience combined with modern methods will spawn innovation. But we are busy with dance compettions on nation talent vs encouraging things like that.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
I just realised that in the current India-China discourse, globalists who proposed 30 years back that “CCP will reform once is better integrated economically with the rest of world” have gone silent.

It is getting clear that economic relationship with China does not guarantee you safety if they have some nasty plans for you.

Varun2002

Country flag
m. 27 Feb showed the flaws in our capabilities as well. But there was nothing embarrassing about it as we still managed to shot a F16.
Yes, and also prevent any damage to Indian HQ or any Indian military or non-military places. Notice how just about no international media outlet, mentions this, and instead hypes up the capture of Abhinandan.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
There is a clash within China brewing. And many are seeing clear signs of it.

With all the natural disasters and Buddha's feet flooding. Chinese citizens are voicing against the CCP more and more. I know that their voices will be suppressed. But things can go quickly otherwise as CCP has to be focused on external issues (if a military conflict brakes out) rather than on internal.

If a conflict arises then there is no future for CCP. :dude:

Watch the video, you guys will like it.

omaebakabaka

IMHO, if it was a secret, the journalist would not have been allowed anywhere near it.
Not only did they allow them, the allowed them to photograph. Looks kind of deliberate.
Correct, its either fake done well or deliberate leak to achieve a certain goal or involved will get arrested later.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
The Republic of Palau, an island country located in the western Pacific Ocean and contains approximately 340 islands, and together with parts of the Federated States of Micronesia, forms the western chain of the Caroline Islands, has invited the US to build a naval/air force base there as security against Chinese expansionism.

This is big as it will provide the US another strategic base in the SCS.

View attachment 58136
Doesn't it have other names too ?

Like simply call it South Sea or Eastern Sea from our side.

Hellfire

Country flag
How much expensive it is to have a cannon over there in comparison to mistral like missiles which will require helis to operate continuously over there.

And we do have 30mm cannons and considering the Swarm attacks from drones that can happen in future cannons are cost effective solution. Long range Sniper rifles will also come very handy.

Any introduction of a weapons system includes significant costs in terms of time and money as also needs build up of support and replenishment infrastructure.

And why would we spend that amount for static weapons systems (relatively) when we can have lesser costs overall for highly mobile systems?

another_armchair

Country flag
Why is Gokhale getting so pissed?

Upset that people now have an official map and know we have crossed the perceived LAC yet remain within our claim lines?

This gives ammo to people dealing with snakes like Shukla and this thaali ka baigan.

He was called out for his bungling in Galwan repeatedly but he stubbornly stuck to his POV.

sorcerer

Country flag
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Iran

sorcerer

Country flag
Proof of India's dominance at LAC, satellite images show troop positions | News - Times of India Videos

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Any introduction of a weapons system includes significant costs in terms of time and money as also needs build up of support and replenishment infrastructure.

And why would we spend that amount for static weapons systems (relatively) when we can have lesser costs overall for highly mobile systems?
Cannons aren't just static you can mount them on vehicles too.

And we already operate 30 mm cannons . Rest gibberish abt cost blah blah is useless and laughable sorry abt it.

The amount spent on them is pretty low compared to the cost of missiles we use to take drones out.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
I just realised that in the current India-China discourse, globalists who proposed 30 years back that “CCP will reform once is better integrated economically with the rest of world” have gone silent.

It is getting clear that economic relationship with China does not guarantee you safety if they have some nasty plans for you.
Exactly.. economic integration with China only guarantees the CCP's safety since, as long as there are significant american investments sunk in China, the US wont risk a war against China, nor any serious sanctions.. That's why inspite of so many sanctions against HUAWEI and ZTE and provocations from Trump, China has not punished American companies functioning in China.. CCP is using western investments in China as a shield to escape punishment for its malafide activities..

omaebakabaka

Cannons aren't just static you can mount them on vehicles too.

The amount spent on them is pretty low compared to the cost of missiles we use to take drones out.
Do you mean as point defence? I thought even the AA like zu-23 max out at 2 km altitude.

neel9821

Country flag
This is plain stupid from Gokhal. If he thinks that should not be published than he should have reported it to whom it may concern. But reposting and republishing the map (supposing that the map is an operational map with sensitive infos) in his own twitter than he is an accomplice.
May be it’s intentional 😉 and may be IA has completed all its move and it’s in a way asking PLA to come and try to dislodge us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles