Status
Not open for further replies.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
More mirchi to PLA & CCP:laugh:
Interesting! Few tidbits -
  • SFF went to patrol on Black Top (yeah, like India's specialized mountain special force will "patrol" on enemy territory).
  • Was injured in a landmine blast. Possible that China set-up booby traps. We have information from the Tibetian news channel that JCO was killed with a bullet injury in his neck.
  • The Father of the injured soldier is an early-retired soldier, and the JCO who got martyred was actually his classmate (entry mate we call in defense circle).
  • The Tibetian community remains enthusiastic towards joining the army to defend both their motherland Tibet as well as the foster mother India who gave them shelter.

So this is how I will interpret it -

Aug 29, 30 - SFF climbed up blacktop to capture it. The platoon leader (JCO) stepped on a landmine and few soldiers were injured. This drew fire from the Chinese camp/bunker which was present on Black top, which martyred the JCO.

Two possibilities from here -
  • We captured black top subsequently after a brief fight (as reported by some journos, news of the capture of 15 PLA sissies, and 2 killed).
  • We dug-in in front of their positions at the ridgeline, not exactly at the peak (also signaled by few journos).

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Just some musings.
=========
Sometimes these days, i feel GoI should throw caution to the wind and go guns blazing, just to see the reaction and to bring an element of unpredictability into the equation, because at this point in time what ever the chinese plans are, they have not been dented.

Then again most of the days, i feel maybe it is better prolong this waiting game until the first shot are fired from the Chinese side, because their larger game plan remains unclear. but even if Chinese fire the first shot, will GoI attempt to retake Aksai Hind, i think not. High likelihood of sticking to sanctity of LAC. which in turn again means predictability is our weakness.

Irrespective of both the scenarios, Just because CCP is an insecure regime, something concrete must be done to dissuade them from using India as a punching bag in the future. if they want to play these games in the future, India should let them know the cost upfront. This time there were some economic costs imposed, this has to be incorporated as a permanent feature of the response mechanism by GoI.

Which would in turn mean that expanding the size of our economy is no longer a aspiration but rather a necessity, cost imposed grows directly proportional to the size of the economy.

avknight1408

Country flag
Are you imagining things... where the hell he ever said that ?? I hope you understand hindi...
Read the India Today article linked in that post.

The incident took place on the night of August 30 as the Indian Army launched an operation to occupy Black Top. After the blast, my son was injured and a subedar was killed and the operation had to be aborted. The next day, the Indian Army went again and managed to occupy some parts of the Black Top. I hear we are halfway there and holding on to the positions," Yeshi told India Today TV.

I hope you understand English.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Btw, low-resolution satellite image of 1st September is out from Sentinel-2. The resolution of the imagery is 5m X 10m so don't expect to pick up much detail, as Indian tents/positions and bunkers will be smaller than that size, so most probably will be just a "dot" on the map. Indian tents are also olive-green and smaller which blends into the surrounding, and finding them will be even harder.

Chinese positions on the other hand might be visible as they have (quite foolishly) bright red tents, of massive sizes. Nothing can be better for CAS aircraft to identify and strafe. Might as well have painted a bullseye on their tents.

Try your luck - https://eos.com/landviewer/?lat=33....A_tile_20200901_44SKC_0&b=Red,Green,Blue&anti

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Read the India Today article linked in that post.

The incident took place on the night of August 30 as the Indian Army launched an operation to occupy Black Top. After the blast, my son was injured and a subedar was killed and the operation had to be aborted. The next day, the Indian Army went again and managed to occupy some parts of the Black Top. I hear we are halfway there and holding on to the positions," Yeshi told India Today TV.

I hope you understand English.
You are quoting the article now , earlier you were just popping up that video in which such things are not mentioned..

People in the forum just do not imagine articles .... ??
And why have you put in that grided map ? who has allowed that map to be photographed...
Is ITBP so dry and hungry of publicity that they do not care for official instructions.. or you maroed some cahatki.. ??

Mods .. give me his IP address please ///

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
There are some more signals that need to be sent. My suggestions:

1. Test fire the 3500km k4 missile from ins arihant. Send the second ssbn Arighat on area domination patrol.
2. Open some more complex fronts. Occupy a few heights in Shaksgam valley. No boundary is demarcated there as well. Increase the cost for pakis as well. Issue a statement saying CPEC construction in Pakistan occupied J&K is liable to Indian artillery fire. Open a consulate in wakhan corridor with full fledged intelligence setup. Make the chineserealize that we can make the CPEC situation.
3. Get with the US to start discussions with Dalai Lama on the next Dalai Lama.
4. Get PM Modi to formally meet with Tibet’s President and the Dalai Lama now that we have used the SSF for operations.
5. Pest control: Release excess water into Pakistan so the paki Army gets busy doing janitorial duties in Lahore and Karachi - cleaning sewers, gutters, etc. No need for a 2 front war right now.

There are so many cards we can play and we must play to increase the CPEC and Tibet occupation costs several fold. Jai Hind.

avknight1408

Country flag
You are quoting the article now , earlier you were just popping up that video in which such things are not mentioned..
Please read my original post properly. I have said a report on this interview and linked the article.

People in the forum just do not imagine articles .... ??
And why have you put in that greed map ? who has allowed that map to be photographs...
Is ITBP so dry and hungry of publicity that they do not care for official instructions.. or you maroed some cahatki.. ??

Mod give me is IP address please ///
The map also appeared on TOI article as mentioned by me in the comment.

Brood Father

Country flag
There are some more signals that need to be sent. My suggestions:

1. Test fire the 3500km k4 missile from ins arihant. Send the second ssbn Arighat on area domination patrol.
2. Open some more complex fronts. Occupy a few heights in Shaksgam valley. No boundary is demarcated there as well. Increase the cost for pakis as well. Issue a statement saying CPEC construction in Pakistan occupied J&K is liable to Indian artillery fire. Open a consulate in wakhan corridor with full fledged intelligence setup. Make the chineserealize that we can make the CPEC situation.
3. Get with the US to start discussions with Dalai Lama on the next Dalai Lama.
4. Get PM Modi to formally meet with Tibet’s President and the Dalai Lama now that we have used the SSF for operations.
5. Pest control: Release excess water into Pakistan so the paki Army gets busy doing janitorial duties in Lahore and Karachi - cleaning sewers, gutters, etc. No need for a 2 front war right now.

There are so many cards we can play and we must play to increase the CPEC and Tibet occupation costs several fold. Jai Hind.
Add to that ..do a nuclear test of atleast 4 MT and MIRV..

DutchZZ

Country flag
"Then, on the night of August 30, the situation changed dramatically. The Indian Army, accompanied by special forces, occupied five key features along a ridgeline south of the Pangong lake, Helmet, Kala Top, Camel’s Back, Gurung Hill and Requin La. These five strategic features are in an area India considers to be within its perception of the LAC (Line of Actual Control)."

There needs to be an explanation on what's gone on now.

Som and Gokhale are doing damage to the IA if they're making false claims of Black Top + Helmet Top NOT being in IA control. Even if it is their bakwas "sources".

And those who are saying it IS in India's control are doing India a disservice if they're producing tamasha news.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars
View attachment 58110Frontal Assault nigga.
A big emphasis has to be laid on the word might.
It might change something, hopes the high IQ low testosterone Han, or it MIGHT change nothing. Weak Hans, looking desparate for a face-saver. We must not give them any. Let them do grave errors and miscalculations, the stare-off is theirs to blink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles