India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
You will lose men in battle. That is the ugly reality of war.
I hope you go through the list of martyrs and the regiments they belonged to.
Will give you an idea of what unfolded that night.
They weren't sleeping on the pavement and got run over by a drunk driver.

Take umbrage at the betrayal by the Chinese if you must.
I guess you did not understand my post. The question is how is that an victory? After losing 21 men have the Chinese vacated the territory? Or have we captured equal amount of territory Chinese have changed status quo. I and IA is ready for war. We will lose lives. As of now there is no defeat while there is no victory either.

omaebakabaka

Very likely. In the aftermath of the Russian IL-20 shoot down there were unconfirmed reports that Israeli Air Force F-35s were operating very close to the Russian IL-20 and the Syrians accused the Israelis of using their F-35s as a decoy. Bottom line as you say, the Israelis are using US EW via their F-35s to play havoc with Syrian AD. And even the presence of a Russian Air Force dedicated ELINT IL-20 could not save the day. In fact the IL-20 itself became a victim.
I think it was F-16/15 not F-35 but they just used Il-20 as a cover, infact Israelis are known to use civilian airlines as cover. They don't give a damn, uncle sam's got their read end. Possible EW warfare as you mentioned since there were reports that US Awacs planes were near by. Some rules of engagement changed after that with Russians and now Israelis mostly don't enter Syrian airspace and launch from Lebanon.

Country flag
I guess you did not understand my post. The question is how is that an victory? After losing 21 men have the Chinese vacated the territory? Or have we captured equal amount of territory Chinese have changed status quo. I and IA is ready for war. We will lose lives. As of now there is no defeat while there is no victory either.
strategic hills have been captured enemy unable to respond or escalate. It is a political decision now but we should advance further imo

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
So, folks... as per the latest video of Nitin Gokhlay Helmet Top and Balck Top are still with the Chinese but Gurung hill between the two and higher than both has been taken by the Indians > From Gurung Hill down south up to Rechin La all heights have been taken by India. includinf one on top of the Moldo garrison.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
As of 2024, I predict Indian Army's sanctioned troop-strength to increase by 40-60%.

AK-203 is a fine piece of kit.
Err. How? 2 mountain strike corps totaling 90k troops was paused. Only one strike corps was raised and even that by cannibalizing from other regiments. We had around 35k troops when it was paused and even then overall strength of the army hasn't risen.

The strike corps is still an unfinished business. Artillery, attack choppers, transport choppers etc hasn't been bought. It was idealized as an separate theatre mini command.

The main reason why it was paused cos other modernisation goals of IA is being affected. Mainly FInsas, FICV, anti tank, pinakas.and artillery. So where do we have the money to increase by 40%? If we need we can take control of ITBP, BSF, AR, CRPF into operational command. There is no need to raise new troops. Our troops should be modernised. And Infact when other factors of intelligence gathering, non contact warfare is increased troops strength should be reduced by atleast 10%. It can save precious money for drones, aircrafts and artilleries..

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
So, folks... as per the latest video of Nitin Gokhlay Helmet Top and Balck Top are still with the Chinese but Gurung hill between the two and higher than both has been taken by the Indians > From Gurung Hill down south up to Rechin La all heights have been taken by India. includinf one on top of the Moldo garrison.
So Shukla ji is right again?

Rohan Naik

Country flag
And where is he now?

Sehwag213

Country flag
So PLA should really be worried or they are unnecessarily whining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles