India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSaffron

Country flag
I fail to see how this contributes positively.
You want me to be blunt? I'm taking a dig at your understanding of the whole situation, especially your ludicrous comment about the power asymmetry between the two nations. You claim to have spent several weeks lurking on DFI before finally deciding to become a member. Your opening arguments betray the fact that your understanding of matters related to Indian defense and the subcontinent's geopolitical dynamics is amateurish at best. Not that I am trying to run you down. One always has to begin learning from some point. But not you. You were arrogant and your very first comment was nothing short of nasty and snide remarks against members who try to contribute positively to the thread and lift up the collective spirit of their fellow patriots. Just FYI, I lurked around for 4+ years before joining the forum. Remember, arrogance and the pursuit of wisdom seldom go together.

HimmatSingh

Country flag
When india fought against Pakistan our economic conditions were very poor or only marginally better than Pakistan in 1965 war Pakistanis had better tanks aircraft and what not but still we manged to defeat them in 1962 india had better airforce than Chinese but because of our policies we didn't used the asset. Likewise in current conflicts india do have capabilities to give Chinese a real hell be it in land based contact warfare or by using airforce the only place were we lack is rocket force but I'm sure work on that will also happen.

India is having a hugee trade deficit against China so it's in our hands to twist and turn the nob.
RM Is aggressive just because one simple reason he is confident on capabilities of IA and the new strategic heights which we have captured.
I am not arguing whether India or China is stronger or not, I am merely pointing to the fact that the way diplomats behave during a meeting is not always how the situation really is.

India might have become stronger recently but overall, China is stronger in almost all ways. That is a fact that even nationalists here would agree with. China is allied with Pakistan and Nepal as well. China also governs Aksai Chin which is a far larger area than the one India has taken control of recently.

I am not saying that China will absolutely beat India, what I am saying is that China is overall a more powerful country and the way their Defence Minister behaved during the meeting is irrelevant because his apparently timid behaviour is opposite to the strengths of their country.

HimmatSingh

Country flag
@HimmatSingh I allowed your new avatar assuming you learnt your lesson. Any more "I am 14 and very smart" type of posts will attract punitive action.

Try this if you want to do off topic chit chat https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/chit-chat-thread.4046/page-2053#post-1752460
What exactly have I done wrong? I am not trying to appear smart, I am trying to understand the rationale behind some of the posts here. As for the avatar, I don't follow what you're referring to.

shaktishivashakti

Country flag
Below you can read the transcript of the DM body language.
"Everything in my possession is definitely mine ;
Anything in your possession but I pretend to be mine is definitely mine and you should immediately give it back ;
Every other things that you pretend to be your's is your's untill I make a request on them. In this case, you should also give it to me without any further discussion.
End of the discussion, sign in below and go eat your bat soup. If not then we shall meet at the battleground".
R. Singh ;-)

HimmatSingh

Country flag
Below you can read the transcript of the DM body language.
"Everything in my possession is definitely mine ;
Anything in your possession but I pretend to be mine is definitely mine and you should immediately give it back ;
Every other things that you pretend to be your's is your's untill I make a request on them. In this case, you should also give it to me without any further discussion.
End of the discussion, sign in below and go eat your bat soup. If not then we shall meet at the battleground".
R. Singh ;-)
This one-line or several lines bravado serves no purpose.

Aksai Chin was also an area supposedly under India's possession but this sort of bravado doesn't portray who actually governs that land.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
China definitely has a defence budget of 237 billion dollars (That too is underestimated) vs India just 71 billion dollars which also includes pensions and salaries

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Not really. ,have seen Chinese banning. Taiwanese , Japanese companies? They are pragmatic, so should we... banning shows our own incompetence
Whut? China banning foreign companies at the drop of a hat is legendary. India is literally just copying their moves about banning companies.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
But China doesn’t have that kind of advantage over India which India enjoys over Pakistan our economy is 10 times bigger than Pakistan Forex Reserves are 45-50 times bigger and defence budget is 7-8 times bigger

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Okay, yes, that account was banned for spamming and it was a permanent one. I thought the ban would be a temporary one or perhaps the reason itself was different in the first place.
It was banned for concern trolling. You can concern troll in a new thread if you want

ataru09

Country flag

This really doesnt vibe with me

External affairs minister S Jaishankar said on Thursday it is imperative for Indian and China to “reach an accommodation” as the solution to the standoff along the Line of Actual Control has to be found in the “domain of diplomacy”.

Emphasising that he wasn’t underplaying the challenges of the boundary question, the minister said, “I’m totally convinced that the solution to the situation has to be found in the domain of diplomacy.”

He ducked a question about his recent remarks that he didn’t understand why China has thousands of troops on the LAC, saying it was for Beijing to provide an answer on this issue.

:hmm: Is MEA going for a full pull back if China is willing to restore april status quo ?

How can we even trust Chinese at this point.
You are reading too much into it. He is not going to be belligerent at every drop of the hat. That's a good way to look like a clown like the CCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles