DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Say what you want the leadership isn't that degenerate they are already working on 300km pinaka & gave green light to perhaps even longer range maheshwarastra 2...
Thing are going right opposite to what you are saying.

Offcourse prithvi 2 are so mobile missile system who doesn't need liquid fuel.. weights only 4.4tons. I'm ending here from my side 🙌
Doesn't make sense..
Continue you're rant how swiftly you changed tone here..

What does this statement mean..
Are you dumb or what I'm the one who is insisting for 400km guided rockets because cruise missiles are costly...
Every one has made it be it china Paki usa has some 300km one. It's darn cheap need only gps aided inertial navigation system...
Does any country have 300km cruise missile which is land based? Name 1 such system if you can.

As for ballistic missiles, yes, Prithvi & Dhanush are liquid fuel but that does not mean they need complex motor like turbofans. In fact liquid fueled ballistic missiles are much cheaper and low tech which is also why Pakistan has them. For solid fuel, you have pralay missiles. Also, the Prahaar missile has 420mm diameter and can be slightly lengthened and warhead size lowered to achieve 300km range. Remember that India always understates its missile range and that is an indication that the range of 150km may not be true.

My point is that anything above 150km will be a missile. Now, India may include them in the rocket force as these missiles are not nuclear capable but they will always be missiles, not rockets. I am not against making many variants of low range SRBMs but they will never be simple MLRS rockets due to accuracy needs

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Does any country have 300km cruise missile which is land based? Name 1 such system if you can.

As for ballistic missiles, yes, Prithvi & Dhanush are liquid fuel but that does not mean they need complex motor like turbofans. In fact liquid fueled ballistic missiles are much cheaper and low tech which is also why Pakistan has them. For solid fuel, you have pralay missiles. Also, the Prahaar missile has 420mm diameter and can be slightly lengthened and warhead size lowered to achieve 300km range. Remember that India always understates its missile range and that is an indication that the range of 150km may not be true.

My point is that anything above 150km will be a missile. Now, India may include them in the rocket force as these missiles are not nuclear capable but they will always be missiles, not rockets. I am not against making many variants of low range SRBMs but they will never be simple MLRS rockets due to accuracy needs
Again changed you're tone from not making sense no need for guided rockets Above 150km to my point is above 150km is a missile.. whatever..

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
iirc there was initially a requirement for anti radiation missile present and usa was also supposed to be competing with the agm88 missile so the project was sanctioned and rudram was made on the tech of astra and all
my point is that privates operate heavily on their own budget so increasing mods and so the moding of present missiles are fast cause the money is already present while drdo would have to sit on its lap while the money remains stuck in the files real development starts with the income of money
this sort of stupidity i was talking about the other day, for India related matters keep it to how Indian system works. using some other matured MIC's standards/processes to bash Indian systems is plain stupidity.

and don't use iirc so liberally, on what fighter was HARM supposed to integrated to in IAF. especially when they sell it only to their treaty allies. rhetorical question, no answer needed.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
this sort of stupidity i was talking about the other day, for India related matters keep it to how Indian system works. using some other matured MIC's standards/processes to bash Indian systems is plain stupidity.
true thats bad of me but then our protocols and processes are even slower than the mic which are smaller than us

and don't use iirc so liberally, on what fighter was HARM supposed to integrated to in IAF. especially when they sell it only to their treaty allies. rhetorical question, no answer needed.
so here it is there were some articles in 2016 which proposed that indian air force could get the harm from usa and those articles made big noises too but then rudram was developed eventually,in 2016 we doesnt even have solid plans for tejas and dropping ngarm for harm was the news while the article seemed misinfo people believed it too due to prior import friendliness of iaf

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
true thats bad of me but then our protocols and processes are even slower than the mic which are smaller than us
in that case, ask the right questions to find out how it was before parrikar took over. reality is reality, it one's perception that keep wavering.

i don't think people are grasping how bad things were before 2014.

this is 2013 article , says 14000 crore defence budget was returned unspent.

another one from 2013, generals were asked to close the parliamentary defence commitee meeting early because MPs did not want to miss their flights..

Led by Raj Babbar, MPs abandon top-level defence briefing to 'catch flights'

so here it is there were some articles in 2016 which proposed that indian air force could get the harm from usa and those articles made big noises too but then rudram was developed eventually,in 2016 we doesnt even have solid plans for tejas and dropping ngarm for harm was the news while the article seemed misinfo people believed it too due to prior import friendliness of iaf
this is from a time when systems used to work in silos and communicate their differences thru news papers. thankfully not much these days. people believe and imagine all sorts of things even today.

keep the discussions on technical threads grounded and source based.

Last edited:

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Again changed you're tone from not making sense no need for guided rockets Above 150km to my point is above 150km is a missile.. whatever..
I never was against SRBMs. But they should be called missiles rather than rockets. I am against Calling anything above 150km as a rocket. It is a missile. It may seem like I am being a grammar Nazi and fighting over terminology but it is important as missile has much greater implications of advanced technology as compared to rockets.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
I never was against SRBMs. But they should be called missiles rather than rockets. I am against Calling anything above 150km as a rocket. It is a missile. It may seem like I am being a grammar Nazi and fighting over terminology but it is important as missile has much greater implications of advanced technology as compared to rockets.
Read you're older posts mate. You forgot what u were saying. Dont reply me now. My fellow cumrades might suffer..

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Do let us know if something special comes out !!
So they are actually making a Kaveri with ab with certain changes the tenders are out and it will be integrated with tejas and tested and if everything goes well the plan is to replace all ge engine's on tejas with Kaveri no timelines yet and we kinda knew this one but good to get confirmation hopefully this one gets a success thanks to gov for waking up better late than never.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
So they are actually making a Kaveri with ab with certain changes the tenders are out and it will be integrated with tejas and tested and if everything goes well the plan is to replace all ge engine's on tejas with Kaveri no timelines yet and we kinda knew this one but good to get confirmation hopefully this one gets a success thanks to gov for waking up better late than never.
Wohh this is big hopefully govt give money openhandedly rather than closing a near successful program
i think we already have all the tech required its just money and testing facility

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Wohh this is big hopefully govt give money openhandedly rather than closing a near successful program
i think we already have all the tech required its just money and testing facility
Gov have said they will only thing I am iffy about is directly testing it on a tejas rather than a twin engine plane

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Read you're older posts mate. You forgot what u were saying. Dont reply me now. My fellow cumrades might suffer..
I have read my old posts. I am strongly opposed to 150+km rockets even now. But I am not opposed to 150+km missiles. This is because of the definition of rockets which inherently imply low quality guidance or unguided projectile. If the rocket is given advanced guidance, it becomes a missile. Long range rockets are given to low IQ countries like Pakistan as a consolation and not suited for advanced countries like India.

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Gov have said they will only thing I am iffy about is directly testing it on a tejas rather than a twin engine plane
I have been saying this for a long time - Kaveri will be used in Rafales as Kaveri's thrust is 52/78kN stabilised which is close to 50/75kN of M88. Since Rafales have already been shown to accommodate F404, Kaveri is best suited for indigenised Rafales. India has already supplied BEL TRMs to Rafale radars. So, there is likely a long term indigenisation plan with rafales and it is not just a fancy import. Parrikar did not say for fun that India ahs Su30s and does not desperately need Rafales. He was imlplying that India will buy Rafales only if there is a bigger agenda than having some extra operational planes

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles