India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDev

Country flag

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
It is possible the Russians do not have much confidence in the Syrian Air Force competence after they shot down the Russian Air Force IL-20 reconnaissance plane in 2018 with a S-200 missile, resulting in the death of 15 Russians and have stopped the Syrians from using the S-300 or disabled it.
highly likely . so far all russian air defenses in syria have a bad record. Israeli and US
electronic warfare, jammers etc seems to have overwhelmed them??

sorcerer

Country flag
How India, Japan and Australia have joined hands to punish China

aghamarshana

Mitron......naacho
Country flag
Jus saw the pics of the meet. This image is so striking and it'll remain so.
Wonder what did he say... 'Golgappe Khayega kya' perhaps.
Best pic of Rajnathji. Completely changes the perception of many who blabbered crap recently doubting his calibre as RM.

20200904_232759.jpg

omaebakabaka

The great, one and only, Maharana Pratap Singh Sisodiya of Mewar - astride his trusty steed Chetak. It's an evening/night shot of the statue at Moti Magri, Udaipur.
We have very close association with Udaipur....I thought it was that but there are other knights in foreignlands which look very similar, so asked.

mokoman

Country flag

This really doesnt vibe with me

External affairs minister S Jaishankar said on Thursday it is imperative for Indian and China to “reach an accommodation” as the solution to the standoff along the Line of Actual Control has to be found in the “domain of diplomacy”.

Emphasising that he wasn’t underplaying the challenges of the boundary question, the minister said, “I’m totally convinced that the solution to the situation has to be found in the domain of diplomacy.”

He ducked a question about his recent remarks that he didn’t understand why China has thousands of troops on the LAC, saying it was for Beijing to provide an answer on this issue.

:hmm: Is MEA going for a full pull back if China is willing to restore april status quo ?

How can we even trust Chinese at this point.

TheSaffron

Country flag

External affairs minister S Jaishankar said on Thursday it is imperative for Indian and China to “reach an accommodation” as the solution to the standoff along the Line of Actual Control has to be found in the “domain of diplomacy”.

Emphasising that he wasn’t underplaying the challenges of the boundary question, the minister said, “I’m totally convinced that the solution to the situation has to be found in the domain of diplomacy.”

He ducked a question about his recent remarks that he didn’t understand why China has thousands of troops on the LAC, saying it was for Beijing to provide an answer on this issue.

:hmm: Is MEA going for a full pull back if China is willing to restore april status quo ?

Too late to pull out. China will have to abort or carry the burden of her mistake for life. India has its eyes on the hoories next door, will just move on.

HindaviSwarajya

Country flag
Even before we captured heights, i was of the opinion that chinese will give in and status quo will be restored if not now then by summer. I still think same even now .infact Now the chances are higher. Xi will have to hide face but they may say India gone back something like that.

Now the question is what is more advantage for us current situation with we on black top and some more heights or status quo. But the chances of having status quo to pre may period are higher as that was our original demand.Vikas regiment will be very unhappy if that happens.

sorcerer

Country flag

Hes a diplomat..hes talking his language.

Army is talking to china in their language.
Lets not read too much into anything at this point.

It was a SCO meeting and the media made it sort of into china India defence ministers meet.
The mediots are running wild. thats all!

LDev

Country flag
highly likely . so far all russian air defenses in syria have a bad record. Israeli and US
electronic warfare, jammers etc seems to have overwhelmed them??
Very likely. In the aftermath of the Russian IL-20 shoot down there were unconfirmed reports that Israeli Air Force F-35s were operating very close to the Russian IL-20 and the Syrians accused the Israelis of using their F-35s as a decoy. Bottom line as you say, the Israelis are using US EW via their F-35s to play havoc with Syrian AD. And even the presence of a Russian Air Force dedicated ELINT IL-20 could not save the day. In fact the IL-20 itself became a victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles