India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
If for any reason China does not get involved in the military war, yet in 2021 China will have a civil war and will be broken into many pieces. China's economy must have completely collapsed before that.
You may wish for it, but not gonna happen. For decades CCP has built checks & institutions just for this scenario I.e nobody does to them what they did to the previous regime.

cereal killer

Country flag
If for any reason China does not get involved in the military war, yet in 2021 China will have a civil war and will be broken into many pieces. China's economy must have completely collapsed before that.
That's wishful thinking man. It ain't happening. There may be internal dysfunctioning in CCP but they got better control over their country & PLA is CCP tool.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I'm not interested in defending them I understand your concerns regarding OFB and I would myself prefer to see them go this is something I mentioned a few posts back.

The point here is If there was a war we can manage through a public private combination as we have in previous wars.

Infact Indian private sector today is much better equipped to take on orders than it was a few decades back.

Using OFB as a scapegoat for inaction won't work India has waged wars with the same OFB's previously it can do it again private sector will also be of great help.
OFB corporatisation is necessary for basic self sufficiency. A war with China will require that since you don't know which country will supply/offer you weapons and which won't.

In earlier wars, we either had a 'godfather' (USSR) or fought against a somewhat manageable adversary like Pakistan.

China's main advantage is manufacturing potential. We must have the ability to replace materiel losses indigenously.

Kargil was a big wake up call which was unfortunately not taken seriously.

Now after a flare up has already happened do you hear words like 'atmanirbhar'. Companies like SSS and Vem Technologies will require guaranteed contacts for expansion and production.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag

India’s answer to China-backed Thai Canal plan is a huge military upgrade in islands
China will be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the Thai Canal project, aka Kra Canal, thalt will give Beijing an alternative route to the congested Malacca Strait

china fearing naval blocakde of malacca straits. This is propaganada canal will take long time
to build if ever?

rajkumar singh

Country flag
Panic is a very dangerous thing. Most of the citizens of India were suffering with same panic about China since long back. Now there is a need to rise above that idea comparing india to Pakistan. India is the one for which CDS has given a clear statement today. We are not afraid of China, we are going on the same path that I mentioned to cut China in pieces. You need to watch every step of ours behavior, act and action toward China, which is certainly offensive defence.

Last edited:

daya

Country flag
Panic is a very dangerous thing. Most of the citizens of India were suffering with same panic about China since long back. Now there is a need to rise above that idea comparing india to Pakistan. India is the one for which CDS has given a clear statement today. We are not afraid of China, we are going on the same path that I mentioned to cut China in pieces. You need to watch every step of ours behavior, act and action toward China, which is certainly offensive defence.
The mental blockade against china must be busted out. The same picture was painted in favour of Pakistan, few years back, that they had ATOM BOMB and could use. After Uri, the Bomb panic was busted badly.

LDev

Country flag
1993 is when India and China signed an agreement for "peace and tranquility" and was the first set of CBMs. That year China's GDP was $440 billion and India GDP was $280 billion. Military expenditure in both countries was on par at about $8 billion.

Fast forward 5 years to 1998 when the Vajpayee Government took office and India tested a nuke. India's GDP had grown to $420 billion but China had grown faster to just over $1 trillion.

6 years later in 2004 the Vajpayee Government was defeated at the polls by which time India's GDP had grown to just over $700 billion but China had grown faster to $2 trillion.

And by the time 10 years later in 2014 Manmohan Singh handed over the baton to Modi, India had just breached the $2 trillion mark but by then China was 5x larger at $10.4 trillion.

And China outpacing India's economic growth has not slowed down since. In 2020 China is at $14+ trillion, India at $3.2 trillion.

While these facts are well known, in hindsight what is now apparent is that in all of these past 27 years, China was biding it's time. From a position of military parity in 1993, it built up it's comprehensive national strength until it was in a position by 2020 to flex it's muscles. It had no intention of settling the border dispute and hence never seriously made efforts to demarcate the border. Every single Indian Government since 1993 is at fault for not recognizing the exponentially growing national security threat to India from a rising China.

BangaliBabu

Country flag
1993 is when India and China signed an agreement for "peace and tranquility" and was the first set of CBMs. That year China's GDP was $440 billion and India GDP was $280 billion. Military expenditure in both countries was on par at about $8 billion.

Fast forward 5 years to 1998 when the Vajpayee Government took office and India tested a nuke. India's GDP had grown to $420 billion but China had grown faster to just over $1 trillion.

6 years later in 2004 the Vajpayee Government was defeated at the polls by which time India's GDP had grown to just over $700 billion but China had grown faster to $2 trillion.

And by the time 10 years later in 2014 Manmohan Singh handed over the baton to Modi, India had just breached the $2 trillion mark but by then China was 5x larger at $10.4 trillion.

And China outpacing India's economic growth has not slowed down since. In 2020 China is at $14+ trillion, India at $3.2 trillion.

While these facts are well known, in hindsight what is now apparent is that in all of these past 27 years, China was biding it's time. From a position of military parity in 1993, it built up it's comprehensive national strength until it was in a position by 2020 to flex it's muscles. It had no intention of settling the border dispute and hence never seriously made efforts to demarcate the border. Every single Indian Government since 1993 is at fault for not recognizing the exponentially growing national security threat to India from a rising China.
.......with a $7.5 trillion RAM BHAROSE debt. Sorry, I don't want such a sweatshop economy. I don't mean to say we should stay like this perennially in a feel-good attitude.

Jaymax61

Bhurki

.......with a $7.5 trillion RAM BHAROSE debt. Sorry, I don't want such a sweatshop economy. I don't mean to say we should stay like this perennially in a feel-good attitude.
An account always has two sides - assets and liabilities.
The $7.5tr debt in its own doesn't show anything if you don't account for the massive assets they have. Its the difference in these 2 that usually creates problems.
US has $23 trillion of debt, that doesn't mean anything.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
An account always has two sides - assets and liabilities.
The $7.5tr debt in its own doesn't show anything if you don't account for the massive assets they have. Its the difference in these 2 that usually creates problems.
US has $23 trillion of debt, that doesn't mean anything.
since USA controls dollars so yeah it is nothing for them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles