India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Country flag
So Xi is taking action for Bihar election 😂
Looks like he is more interested in the outcome of Bihar election than even Modi 😂
Bihar is a Nepal-bordering state with BJP in the state administration. If Bihar falls for the BJP, UP isn't far behind. Nepal will have three non-BJP states along most of its open border, and can serve as launchpad for China and Pakistan to wreak havoc in North India.

Modi continues to underestimate the scale of the Chinese threat.

Sehwag213

Country flag
Bihar is a Nepal-bordering state with BJP in the state administration. If Bihar falls, UP isn't far behind. Nepal will have non-BJP states and can serve as launchpad for China and Pakistan to wreak havoc in North India.
Bihar election has nothing to do with UP election. You are forgetting BJP lost in Bihar in 2015 and won in UP in 2017.
People are fed up of Nitish kumar. He has been CM since 2005 and done nothing in last 5 to 6 years to deserve victory.

So China's Border action won't affect Bihar election atall unless there is a war.

Knowitall

But what almost forum members have failed to see here is that with such provocations china has made sure that modi's act east policy goes to shit.

You guys keep forgetting about our act east policy.

This is xi saying they won't defend their borders and you expect them to help you.

This is also a signal to japan and australia do you really expect India to join you if we were to attack you.

There is a reason why quad is still no military alliance.

Sehwag213

Country flag
He is interested in destroying the image of modi as a strongman.

These actions are to eventually try and bring congress back in power.
I think China is trying to secure their CPEC project and settle its border issues with India before taking action on Taiwan. They don't want a 2 front situation

Brood Father

Country flag
Yes, but imagine how Congress-pliant media is going to spin it tomorrow? They'll show horror images of Xi razing mosques and churches, and overlay Kailash on those images.

This is a well-crafted media spectacle by China to damage Modi. If they pull it off, the JDU-BJP alliance in Bihar is toast.
Why so much unwanted frustration around Mt kailsah ...This was never in our possession so what's the fuss around it .
Till May this year when every Indian bought and flaunted their Chinese phones and dancing to wuhan spirit ...kailsah was under Chinese control ..what changed now?
Our response IMO should be practical ...if they have placed their SAM in kailsah so they want us to see that and they want us to get spooked by that ...stop acting emotionally..Plant our missiles targeting mount kailash .Call out their bluff now ...
Look at the bright side now we don't have to look of SAM we know atleast some of them are kailash....

BangaliBabu

Country flag
But what almost forum members have failed to see here is that with such provocations china has made sure that modi's act east policy goes to shit.

You guys keep forgetting about our act east policy.

This is xi saying they won't defend their borders and you expect them to help you.

This is also a signal to japan and australia do you really expect India to join you if we were to attack you.

There is a reason why quad is still no military alliance.
Act East policy won't go. But Chinese ego will prove costly, in time.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Now I hope you guys realise my frustrations

We don't even have our major religious sites in our control

And we dream about being a super power

Beggars don't sit in seats of power , that's the reality

Collectively we are nothing but bunch of pansies who talk too much
Control has started from ayodhya.

cereal killer

Country flag
I think China is trying to secure their CPEC project and settle its border issues with India before taking action on Taiwan. They don't want a 2 front situation
Spot on. Another 20-30 year peace is needed on India border to for any expansion into Taiwan & SCS. Lesson to India part 2 is high on Chinese agenda. A belligerent India is a threat to China.

LDev

Country flag
5 more Rafales will be delivered in October. The first S-400 system which should consist of 72 launchers is also due to be delivered by October/November. So if India does decide to take action I would expect it after both of these deliveries. If there is no Indian offensive after these deliveries, then I think that the present Chinese positions are permanent.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Religious sites are no no places there is a reason why countries don't touch religious sites even during war.

16km is too close if a war were to happen worse still the yatra is now done and dusted.

Having a military facility do close to a religious area and knowing chinese track record with religious sites it won't inspire confidence in public.

This is a direct challenge by xi to modi.
I have myself visited the ancient Holyrood Church which was bombed during World war 2.. There is a long list of religious sites which were harmed during war.. I think if Modi is serious about eliminating China from Indian supply chains.. he can use this incident to seriously turn hindus against China. Most Hindus are religious, and religious hatred is long lasting.. Until religion is brought into the picture, Indians will be unable to hate China for a prolonged period. This would also severely weaken the China lobby here.. who advocate economic links with China..

Poseidon

Country flag
Bihar is a Nepal-bordering state with BJP in the state administration. If Bihar falls for the BJP, UP isn't far behind. Nepal will have three non-BJP states along most of its open border, and can serve as launchpad for China and Pakistan to wreak havoc in North India.

Modi continues to underestimate the scale of the Chinese threat.
Rahul Gandhi is also very tough against Chinese expansionism.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Country flag
Imagine if they did nothing on the India front, and everything was peaceful. Do you really think India would have opened a front against China over a Chinese invasion of Taiwan?

China cannot secure CPEC through its actions over the past 4 months. All they've really achieved is motivated India to destabilize CPEC further and open a front if China attacked Taiwan.

There are enough public indications that India is already part of some multi-national deterrent against China if it attacked in any direction.

mokoman

Country flag

The incident in Chhattisgarh took place at Shakti Paper Mill in Tetla village, where the victims were cleaning an open tank on Wednesday evening.

The mill had remained was closed since the COVID-19 lockdown was enforced and the cleaning work was underway to resume operation, the official said.

:hmm: Seems like a simple accident , unless China made them clean the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles