India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal killer

Country flag
This is because they expect a counterattack by India, and they expect the first place of opportunity to be Kailash Mansarovar. So they put SAM sites there to prevent both fighters and Para drops of troops. Secondly, 11 wants to signal Modi's constituents that he will desecrate a Hindu holy site and there's nothing Modi will be able to do.

India is running out of time (and places of opportunity) to be "proactive" (i.e. counterattack).

If I was Modi, I'd play 11's game back at him. Deploy along the entire Chinese and Pakistani frontiers, keep him guessing where I'd hit him, and then hit the most fortified PLA position.
If they are placing their valuable assets there thinking we won't hit them then it is their mistake. What does 11 thinks are Indians religious fanatics like Pakis? In case war breaks out we would rain Brahmos over Kailash if need arises.
Chinese would be praying to lord Shiva to stop the mayhem lol

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Country flag
What does 11 thinks are Indians religious fanatics like Pakis? In case war breaks out we would rain Brahmos over Kailash if need arises.
No, but 11 thinks fingering Mt Kailash will damage BJP politically, especially with state elections around the corner.

Modi's constituency is Varanasi, he's executing big infrastructure projects there, and has cultivated a Shivbhakt image. Imagine how "Modi's helplessness against China destroying Kailash" will look on his CV to the Bihari voter? Even a dog will win against Nitish.

The Indian voter is punitive and vindictive by nature. He will vote against you, even if your opponent can't give him what he wants.

In fact it could break the JDU-BJP alliance.

Sehwag213

Country flag
No, but 11 thinks fingering Mt Kailash will damage BJP politically, especially with state elections around the corner.

Modi's constituency is Varanasi, he's executing big infrastructure projects there, and has cultivated a Shivbhakt image. Imagine how "Modi's helplessness against China destroying Kailash" will look on his CV to the Bihari voter? Even a dog will win against Nitish.

No. This is stupid calculation then. Mount Kailash is also a very important Buddhist religion site.
This would pit Xi against IND, SL , ASEAN and JAPAN.

I doubt even Xi is that stupid.

cereal killer

Country flag

Modi's constituency is Varanasi, he's executing big infrastructure projects there. Imagine how "Modi's helplessness against China destroying Kailash" will look on his CV to the Bihari voter? Even a dog will win against Nitish.

I don't understand public would Choose country over religion everyday especially hindus. Fact is Kailash is in Tibet on enemy territory.
11 surely is betting that we won't hit that. Modi strikes me as nationalist figure.. China won't destroy Kailash they ain't like Pakis but they are playing mind games. They surely would like to put pressure on Modi by using home audience anger & use this as kinda blackmail.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Now I hope you guys realise my frustrations

We don't even have our major religious sites in our control

And we dream about being a super power

Beggars don't sit in seats of power , that's the reality

Collectively we are nothing but bunch of pansies who talk too much

Sehwag213

Country flag
I don't understand public would Choose country over religion everyday especially hindus. Fact is Kailash is in Tibet on enemy territory.
11 surely is betting that we won't hit that. Modi strikes me as nationalist figure.. China won't destroy Kailash they ain't like Pakis but they are playing mind games. They surely would like to put pressure on Modi by using home audience anger & use this as kinda blackmail.
Then this is a very costly mistake .
This would also anger SL ( Buddhist country), JAPAN, ASEAN. He is surely on the path of Hitler then.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag

The Indian voter is punitive and vindictive by nature. He will vote against you, even if your opponent can't give him what he wants.

The construction site is 16 km from Mount Kailash... Is China blowing up Mount Kailash ? I dont see much negative side effects for Modi here ...

cereal killer

Country flag
Now I hope you guys realise my frustrations

We don't even have our major religious sites in our control

And we dream about being a super power

Beggars don't sit in seats of power , that's the reality

Collectively we are nothing but bunch of pansies who talk too much
Tibet armies stopped Dogra Armies expansion otherwise our Ladakh would've been extended.
Surprisingly no other empire even attempted to move eastwards.

mokoman

Country flag
The construction site is 16 km from Mount Kailash... Is China blowing up Mount Kailash ? I dont see much negative side effects for Modi here ...
Its definitely a pressure point for GOI , and Chinese will exploit it .

:hmm: Either we accept new status quo at LAC or maybe no more Mansarovar yatras.

cereal killer

Country flag
Their is no bharat without it's dhamric roots it's just another piece of land.
It's the culture and religion which make india.

Remove them you can name give this piece of land some Muslim or Christian name and just like Pakistan.
That' quite true but we can't control things which are not in our hands. There was a article about China turning a mosque in UAR into public toilet.
So even if China hypothetically decides to blow Kailash we can't do anything. We can only condemn that action as we got no sovereignty over Kailash. All this considering XI wants to Anger & future generations of Hindus to no end.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Country flag
Yes, but imagine how Congress-pliant media is going to spin it tomorrow? They'll show horror images of Xi razing mosques and churches, and overlay Kailash on those images.

This is a well-crafted media spectacle by China to damage Modi. If they pull it off, the JDU-BJP alliance in Bihar is toast.

LDev

Country flag
Growth/manufacturing shift to India is ongoing. Last thing we want is for Vietnam or Taiwan to take it all.
This statement translates as, " No war should ever be fought because manufacturing will shift out or not shift in". Isn't that also applicable to China? If Chinese ports and the eastern industrial heartland are targeted in a war and a couple of Chinese merchant vessels are sunk, what impact will that have on manufacturing and exports out of China? Both sides can play this game.

If you study China, in spite of all the belligerence and posturing from Japan to Taiwan to the South China Sea to India, all of it's actions always stop short of war. Why? Because the damage to China in terms of lost business confidence will be greater than to the opposing country. Simply because China is the factory of the world and it has much more to loose. And this posturing will continue until some country decides to call China's bluff.

Sehwag213

Country flag
Yes, but imagine how Congress-pliant media is going to spin it tomorrow? They'll show horror images of Xi razing mosques and churches, and overlay Kailash on those images.

This is a well-crafted media spectacle by China to damage Modi. If they pull it off, the JDU-BJP alliance in Bihar is toast.
So Xi is taking action for Bihar election 😂
Looks like he is more interested in the outcome of Bihar election than even Modi 😂

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ditto:First of all Parvat Kailash is not under our control.

Ditto:Second we have not made a official claim but could make it any time.

Ditto:We could officially recognize the Tibetan goverment in Exile.

Ditto:Recognizing the Tibetan Exile goverment dosent mean we recognize the tibeat as indepent but also be the next step.

Ditto:Mounting pressure on the Xian Zing massacre is a must.

Knowitall

Religious sites are no no places there is a reason why countries don't touch religious sites even during war.

16km is too close if a war were to happen worse still the yatra is now done and dusted.

Having a military facility do close to a religious area and knowing chinese track record with religious sites it won't inspire confidence in public.

This is a direct challenge by xi to modi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles