India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanakya 002

Country flag
Ok mate, I have comprehension issues, please explain me what is "holding off" China ? What are the exact steps you want to be taken by the IA ? And if we have failed to hold off what should we do ?
I am not a big strategist but I would like to say that deploy the army regiments with CAPF in the border areas for defence and let the army Riffles with Assam Riffles take the offensive task and try to capture POK.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Man as you yourself said that we got support from removal of Art 370 so according to this you have now written that support is worthless. You are contradicting yourself here.
This isn't about Nehru mentality.. Does pakistan works on Nehru mentality when it raises Kashmir issue in UN? International support is vital for a country like India.. Otherwise what is MEA & FM is there for? Modi should stop visiting foreign countries then. This is such a lame excuse.
The problem is definitely ours & we should deal with it better rather than showing temperatures lol.

Agree with the last part. Planning is essential to do that & I am in favour of that as I said Groundwork toh prepare karo.. Phokat bhaashan dete ho.. so far anything noteworthy hasn't been done to take back PoK & yes we've been poor at that since 73 years. Maybe we don't want to add more Muslims in J&K... That maybe only logical explanation for our inaction all these years.
I didn't say we got support, I said we were only opposed by China. We don't need anyone's support but no opposition is better, this is what this govt has achieved.

As far as Nehru-mentality is concerned, Nehru took the matter to the UN which became weapon of Pakistan, Pakistan didn't need to go the UN, Nehru went. Pakistan is still encashing the same mistake of us.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Interesting bit is that all of China’s neighbours seem to think it is about them:

1) South Korea thinks Kim Jong un is in coma, hence the escalations.

2) Taiwan thinks they are the main target

3) India thinks we are the main target

CCP has kept everybody guessing, all at the same time.
Making everyone over anxious though will exhaust all your neighbors resources but it will also force them to form a coalition, which would be far more dangerous to China in any sense. Chinese have overdone it and this will not do go down smoothly with world. Troubled times till 2027.

Kumata

Making everyone over anxious though will exhaust all your neighbors resources but it will also force them to form a coalition, which would be far more dangerous to China in any sense. Chinese have overdone it and this will not do go down smoothly with world. Troubled times till 2027.
2027 :cowboy::cowboy:

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Oh ho ho this was discussed in this forum a lot like a lot lot.

While everyone was happy we took action a lot of people did feel we should have done more.

As for your question.

India had played it's cards very well.

The whole nation was in a state of mourning this was one of the deadliest attacks our army has faced news channels and newspapers were debating every single day on what action we are going to take.

No one dared to talk about peace and de-escalation.

Modi already had strengthened his reputation as a strongman who won't tolerate such shit after uri strikes the international community couldn't say much at all even china was quiet all the time.

Then the Strikes happened at the start GOI played it's cards very well strikes happened whole nation went into celebration mode but at the same time the whole nation expected an counterattack.

The international community while shocked was unable to do much thanks to MEA and GOI's careful wording terror camps nothing else

Our attack was an attack of self defense against terrorists not against pakistan.

And then India got the biggest opportunity after so many years pakistan had tried to counterattack they had tried to hit our military installations which was a declaration of war they had attacked our jets.

You see the difference here our response was totally contained to terrorist's while they had attacked our military.

India should have then and their said look these guys have now escalated we have been provoked and we don't care about your opinions anymore.

We should have nailed pakistan then and there but instead we all know what happened and the PR disaster that followed.

India could claim a victory to its public but in strategic terms it was a lost opportunity pakistan was at its worst at that point no one supported them even china was hesitant they had no justification whatsoever but we let it go.

It was like a chess game everything was perfect until that one blunder.

While the strikes were a great step and a remarkable show of force by us In the end very little changed on the ground infact they even planned similar attacks the past month.
We did surgical strike with the objectives. And we completely full filed them in our strikes by imposing cost on Pakistani for terrorist attack and calling of nuclear bluff.
When Pakistan attacked next morning okay it was a reaction and don't mind me but fact remains whenever you do something against Pakistan they will react anyway how many casualties we had? How much loss of infrastructure we faced the piss poor condition of Pakistan was already visible when they claimed that non of the bomb hit the military institution because we didn't aimed them. And even on that day Pakistan was intercepted and tackled.

And Pakistan returned our POW under 24 hours.

So what objective we had after that?
Nothing we waited and removed article 370 which was stopping us from perusing our goals what Pakistan did? Did they invaded india they just cried.

Sorry to burst the bubble but india never had the objective to reclaim the POK when surgical strikes happened.
War's are fought on the basis of objectives without objective we can never win the war.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Country flag

Satellite images have revealed that Kailash Mansarovar – a Hindu pilgrimage site – now looks like a war zone with heavy artillery and military presence.

If there is a conflict and it ends in a stalemate or a loss for China,these asshole will probably carve the Chinese flag on to side of mountain ,

Like the one republic of north cyprus did to annoy the Greeks.

This is because they expect a counterattack by India, and they expect the first place of opportunity to be Kailash Mansarovar. So they put SAM sites there to prevent both fighters and Para drops of troops. Secondly, 11 wants to signal Modi's constituents that he will desecrate a Hindu holy site and there's nothing Modi will be able to do.

India is running out of time (and places of opportunity) to be "proactive" (i.e. counterattack).

If I was Modi, I'd play 11's game back at him. Deploy along the entire Chinese and Pakistani frontiers, keep him guessing where I'd hit him, and then hit the most fortified PLA position.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag

Satellite images have revealed that Kailash Mansarovar – a Hindu pilgrimage site – now looks like a war zone with heavy artillery and military presence.

If there is a conflict and it ends in a stalemate or a loss for China,these asshole will probably carve the Chinese flag on to side of mountain ,

Like the one republic of north cyprus did to annoy the Greeks.

More like mentally playing with Indian public we should not expect any kind of mutual understanding and dignity from communists and Islamists. If chinese can wipe away millions of Buddhists and temple's from Tibet then we should accept the fact that Chinese can also potentially damage the mountain just cause mental scars.

But these scars will ensure Dharmic people boycotting Chinese for centuries to come.

India will not launch a operation towards kalesh if that can potentially hurt the structure of the mountain and Chinese know that.

Knowitall

We did surgical strike with the objectives. And we completely full filed them in our strikes by imposing cost on Pakistani for terrorist attack and calling of nuclear bluff.
When Pakistan attacked next morning okay it was a reaction and don't mind me but fact remains whenever you do something against Pakistan they will react anyway how many casualties we had? How much loss of infrastructure we faced the piss poor condition of Pakistan was already visible when they claimed that non of the bomb hit the military institution because we didn't aimed them. And even on that day Pakistan was intercepted and tackled.

And Pakistan returned our POW under 24 hours.

So what objective we had after that?
Nothing we waited and removed article 370 which was stopping us from perusing our goals what Pakistan did? Did they invaded india they just cried.

Sorry to burst the bubble but india never had the objective to reclaim the POK when surgical strikes happened.
War's are fought on the basis of objectives without objective we can never win the war.
Burst my bubble? are to mai bhi yehi keh raha hu look at my posts bjp never had any plans for pok i was talking about opportunities for escalation.

I myself said that there was no plan to take pok I was merely pointing out that this was a point where we could have escalated if we wished too that's it.

Like we have an opportunity to escalate now we had an opportunity to escalate back then.

Knowitall

Quite alarming:-

Screenshot_2020-08-23-18-08-55-773_com.reddit.frontpage.jpg

The location on Google earth

Article talking about this.

Mount kailash:-

The govt should not ignore this how long are we planning to run this charade talks with such a country is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles