India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick_indian

Country flag
Was looking to buy a phone and nothing was available so randomly clicked on all Chinese brands on Flipkart out of curiosity.
Nothing available on Amazon either though Redmi is listed, there is no way one can order it.
I have a 3 year old Honor which I plan to discard soon.
Sala na Asus hai, na Moto. I hate Samsung.

I think a ban is on its way.
Shell out a little extra and buy American bro. Iphone or Pixel. Please don't buy Chinese.

Cheran

Country flag
A Prominent newspaper, maintaining a pro-CCP line, places a significant number of China compassionate content in its editions. The newspaper often contributes to Chinese attempts of pressurising India on China-related policy decisions. The journalists working as soldiers of China’s propaganda warfare have become hyper active with the ongoing standoff at the LAC.
Besides the military front, pro-China journalists have been highlighting the drawbacks of India’s crackdown on Chinese businesses in India, underlining negative impacts of these economic Steps on India. The swiftest growth of pro-China media has been in the field of online Journalism with over half a dozen novel news portals, with relationship with communist activists in India, recording a significant growth and becoming widely popular amongst the youth over the years, China has spent a huge amount of capital on advertorials and stories in prominent Indian newspapers. Tibetan activists criticised a prominent Indian English daily, owned by a conglomerate, for carrying a full page supplement, sponsored by China, projecting the Communist regime as the messiah of economic growth, social inclusion, and religious freedom for Tibetans since 1950.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Noticed something on Flipkart.

All Chinese brand mobiles are either "Not Deliverable" or "Coming Soon" on Flipkart.
I mean every Chinese brand.

Is word out that a ban is in the works?

During the peak of Covid enforced lockdown, Chinese brands were the only ones littering Flipkart and Amazon.
Maybe software glitch? To test..I tried to order xiomi and oppo mobiles on flipkart .. which shows the probable delivery dates as only a few days

Last edited:

avknight1408

Country flag
Was looking to buy a phone and nothing was available so randomly clicked on all Chinese brands on Flipkart out of curiosity.
Nothing available on Amazon either though Redmi is listed, there is no way one can order it.

Had planned to buy a new TV. Finalised on a VU tv as it is a Indian brand. The model I wanted to buy was launched recently only. But the tv is not available on Amazon for past 1.5 months . Still waiting for it to be back in stock.

Rumour I heard is that since govt is scrutinizing containers coming from China many electronics products are out of stock.

Regarding Samsung. In 2020 bought two Samsung - one is M31 and another is A51. Both are good only.

another_armchair

Country flag
Maybe software glitch? I can order xiomi and oppo mobiles on flipkart .. which shows the probable delivery dates as only a few days
Could be due to my location which is Bangalore.

Total ghapla happening here w.r.t phones. Even 2GB phones are being peddled at Rs. 16k. Big distributors squatting on stock and playing on anti-China sentiment. How do we deal with these parasites?

Assassin 2.0

Country flag

Samsung Galaxy M51 to bring 7,000 mAh battery, SD730 chipset

If you can wait for this phone then i guess you can get a decent deal.
Btw Samsung service is top notch recently bought Samsung deceive for my mum and charging port got broken Samsung replaced that for free and within 1 day.

cereal killer

Country flag
Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan will also join India ?
Bangladesh well India Should keep itself away. No one would want to feed that over populated shi*hole. Pakistan & Afghans have got resources to sustain them & reasonable population. No one would like adding 30-40 crore population (in future muslim too). Have a pro India govt. There always.

Knowitall

Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan will also join India ?
None of these countries will join India we can take certain parts of pakistan that's it.

What we can do is make sure nepal bangladesh and afghanistan become our Dominions they maintain a certain amount of autonomy and exist as a different country but are heavily dependent on India both economically and militarily and their diplomatic decisions are more or less influenced by us.

As for us controlling any of these three countries as a whole no not gonna happen this is simply unsustainable and just childish delusions.

LDev

Country flag
R-37M is essentially an Awacs killer with 600+ kg weight and its replacement Novator missile with around 750 kg weight and 400+ km range around. It's not a meteor equivalent for Sukhoi.

The ramjet version of R-77 isn't available so it is the in development SFDR: the meteor equivalent for Sukhoi.

R-74 is already in. IAF love this missile for CCM and have no issue with it plus the cost advantage.

R-27 in diff version IR (40km+) semi active and active ( 130 km range ).

Astra is R-77/R-27 replacement. 21-23 is the transition phase after which Astra will replace them as per plans.

Astra will also have it's IR version to replace R-27 T . The purpose is to have one missile with diff type of seekers like MICA and R-27.

Regarding IR version of MICA which is actually a BVR IR missile with almost 20% more range than ASRAAM and 50% more range than R-74. It is expensive and we already have a small stock of them so russian IR missiles going out of stock or Asraam in future will have less chances then mica IR.

Also it makes sense to buy russian missiles and keep stock without fear of sanction ban etc. during war.
See, the big issue I have with Russian AAMs is actual performance vs advertised performance, both in terms of range as well as the ability to perform in a heavy ECCM environment e.g. will the R-37M actually hit the AWACSs or will it be defeated by ECCMs from the AWACSs which has many more KWs of jamming power vs a fighter with a pod. IMO Russian AAMs were on par with Western AAMs till the 1990s. However, since then the US and France have pulled away decisively. You have to also consider the offensive and defensive air doctrines of the two sides to consider where they are spending their money and where they are superior. The West has an expeditionary/offensive doctrine hence fighter aircraft, stealth and PGMs integrated with fighters. For Russia expeditionary warfare is new and limited e.g in Syria the total number of Russian Airforce fighters deployed were never more than 20, offensive strikes were via cruise missiles mainly launched from ships in the Black Sea. Defensive doctrine is centered around SAM systems like the S-300/400/500. Probably the first theater we will see how truly effective Russian AAMs are in large scale use is in India, either India vs Pakistan or India vs China. So to my mind the jury is still out on Russian AAMs.

To use a simple analogy, if I want to have vada sambar, will I go to a North Indian dhaba which may offer the dish or will I prefer to to go my local udupi restaurant. Who is likely to make it better.

LDev

Country flag
Continue from above:

And I think the IAF has seen the writing on the wall. From a position 10 years ago where the R-73 was integrated with the Mirage 2000, the IAF has now moved on to where the ASTRA, ASRAAM and potentially the Derby-ER and Mica-IR will be integrated with the SU-30. Quite a turnaround.

Waanar

Country flag
None of these countries will join India we can take certain parts of pakistan that's it.

What we can do is make sure nepal bangladesh and afghanistan become our Dominions they maintain a certain amount of autonomy and exist as a different country but are heavily dependent on India both economically and militarily and their diplomatic decisions are more or less influenced by us.

As for us controlling any of these three countries as a whole no not gonna happen this is simply unsustainable and just childish delusions.
You're talking a decade or two.
Guys over here banking on a century or more.

Waanar

Country flag
Sounds totally possible!
We're heading... No... Shooting straight towards an unstable and insecure world where eruption of a global scale war is no longer an unprecedented event.

Ask yourself today-

Will you be surprised if a major kinetic power clash of the big players breaks out tonight?

A few months ago and I'd have shrugged it off as blabber of someone with a fetish for disaster but now? Can't say "yes" with any amount of conviction.
In such a scenario, with the watchdogs slugging it out themselves, it's not a far fetched reality anymore.

airtel

Country flag
Had planned to buy a new TV. Finalised on a VU tv as it is a Indian brand. The model I wanted to buy was launched recently only. But the tv is not available on Amazon for past 1.5 months . Still waiting for it to be back in stock.

Rumour I heard is that since govt is scrutinizing containers coming from China many electronics products are out of stock.

Regarding Samsung. In 2020 bought two Samsung - one is M31 and another is A51. Both are good only.

Vu doesn't manufacture TVs ; it is just doing rebranding and sometimes assembling of mass-produced TVs made in china .

DownWithCCP

Country flag
What is your opinion on CCP restricting food access and instructing people to clean plates and not waste food XI himself has asked the people to be more aware of how much food they are wasting, why do you think he raised this issue? in a recent interview on Stratnewsglobal the interviewee claimed that China has faced losses but is not looking at a food shortage, if what he is saying is true, why is the CCP asking it's people to be more mindful when eating, especially when communist countries are known to desperately hide any such shortcomings by pushing these issues under the carpet.Are they going to commit actions that would receive worldwide condemnation like annexing Taiwan or something of that sorts?

Knowitall

I personally feel that it's a good initiative we Indians also have this tendency of wasting large amounts of food as if it's a great thing to do.

Kabhi dekha hai shadiyo me kitna khana barbad hota hai so many people have difficulty getting 2 meals a day such wastage of food should not be allowed in India at all.

The amount of food china wastes can feed 30-50 million people every year.

No doubt they want to do something about it.

The govt too needs to develop a system where restaurants can donate their leftover foods to homeless care shelters and other similar places.

We as a society need to progress and stop being so wasteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles