India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKedifier

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I disagree there too. Its not meaningless, its has its benefits, if you have put more thought to why I said Frontal RCS is important, you would understand to why I said that. Once again, read some post of F22 thread, J20 thread etc.
Stealth jet is not unable to detect, but it very hard to detect.

Like a road sign in the street , normal road sign you can see it very far away.

But if its stealth , like a very small road sign in front of a cliff, if you walk to it slowly and read carefully , you can read it.

But if you drive a car , with high speed , you have no time to respond , and will rush out from the cliff.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

garg_bharat

Country flag
That's because neither China nor Pakistan (nor a combination of the two) currently have the capacity to wage total war against India.

USA and USSR scaled up wartime production x20 because WWII was a total war. Entire nations were getting capitulated under Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

Had Britain fallen, the Axis powers planned grand pincer moves against the US and USSR (i.e. Japan hitting the US west and Germany hitting the US east; and Germany hitting the USSR west, and Japan hitting the USSR east).

The Indian military doctrine is geared toward defending limited war efforts, while a credible minimum nuclear deterrence wards off multi-front war plans by combinations of foreign powers such as the Pak+China combination that's at our gates right now.
Boss I understand this limited war concept. Only fear is this limited war concept is wrong.
India is facing a a civilizational and cultural conflict and not a border adjustment.

Even if war does not touch entire country, the State of J&K itself is fairly big and India will need massive resources due to a very long front.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Stealth jet is not unable to detect, but it very hard to detect.

Like a road sign in the street , normal road sign you can see it very far away.

But if its stealth , like a very small road sign in front of a cliff, if you walk to it slowly and read carefully , you can read it.

But if you drive a car , with high speed , you have no time to respond , and will rush out from the cliff.
Well if that analogy suits you understanding then sure, however, I never wrote, it can't be detected. I have created a post especially to counter the assumption to why J20 would be detected by our ground based Swordfish radar or even the MKIs PESA radar.

HKedifier

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well if that analogy suits you understanding then sure, however, I never wrote, it can't be detected. I have created a post especially to counter the assumption to why J20 would be detected by our ground based Swordfish radar or even the MKIs PESA radar.
Have F35 / F22/ J20 enter Indian territory and been detected?

johnq

All current generation stealth fighters can be detected by long wavelength radar such as UHF/VHF. The J-20 can be tracked even by L-band radar due to its use of canards and lack of stealth from sides and back, which means Indian L-band Phalcons can track it, and Indian fighters can shoot it down by using their datalinks. Of course the MKI can shoot it down using its own radar because it has such a long range that it can track even low RCS targets at decent ranges.
Personally I think the luneburg lens is an excuse by the Chinese. I think their J-20 was tracked because of a combination of poor design, i.e. constantly moving canards, crappy RAM materials, and icing at altitude in the Himalayas which they probably didn't account for when designing it. Much of what the Chinese do is psy-ops anyways.

HKedifier

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
All current generation stealth fighters can be detected by long wavelength radar such as UHF/VHF. The J-20 can be tracked even by L-band radar due to its use of canards and lack of stealth from sides and back, which means Indian L-band Phalcons can track it, and Indian fighters can shoot it down by using their datalinks. Of course the MKI can shoot it down using its own radar because it has such a long range that it can track even low RCS targets at decent ranges.
Personally I think the luneburg lens is an excuse by the Chinese. I think their J-20 was tracked because of a combination of poor design, i.e. constantly moving canards, crappy RAM materials, and icing at altitude in the Himalayas which they probably didn't account for when designing it. Much of what the Chinese do is psy-ops anyways.

The communication between radar base and jet is a problem.

The voice from the headphone said they have find the rival , but pilot can see nothing from its screen.

Have IAF solve this problem?

scatterStorm

Country flag
Have F35 / F22/ J20 enter Indian territory and been detected?
They never have to (I will come to that point later in this post), J20 didn't entered the Indian territory (at least, what is available in public info, only IAF knows that it have been or hasn't) and IAF is not a nut case banana republic air force (*cough* PAF *cough*) to crop up figures.

1. What IAF chief said, was "the J20 was on operational exercise in Tibet at its AFB, and they may have been closely conducting a CAP exercise to check its stealth characteristics". At- least that's what he said.
2. What I speculate is that, "When it approached near our airspace, it was detected."

👉 Why?
"
Why would our Airforce would scramble two MKIs to intercept an unknow jet with unknown RCS figures in there fire control radar's threat library." Certainly those weren't approaching towards a phantom jet.

The former point is the logical explanation of what I can think of.

Now to answer to your first two jets, I would simply say that there are conflicting reports to have been detected and vice versa. However, the current radar technology in recent years are especially designed to detect LO jets and even VLO jets.

I have written about Resonance based radars technology already. Please check the J20 thread.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
2 J20 have implemented in Xinjiang , just 400KM away from the IN-CN boarder.
How does that make your Question on topic and useful ? We'll see them if a war starts.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Tejas is a good idea , why not India produce a lot of Tejas , and cost will reduce significantly.
Tejas is cost effective, however our Naval requirements aren't met with Tejas. At least, not now. Hence I vouch for F18 BIII to be the best bet.

Bhurki

Tejas is cost effective, however our Naval requirements aren't met with Tejas. At least, not now. Hence I vouch for F18 BIII to be the best bet.
Whats wrong with the mig 29k that are already there? They aren't too old

DownWithCCP

Country flag
While we have been discussing the possible scenarios do we still have answers as to why China has decided to become aggressive along the LAC? What are the possible objectives what do they hope to achieve, what is it that they want so badly that they are willing to risk a potentially huge market.Have these objectives been met? Correct me if I am wrong, isn't this the longest and biggest stand off since 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles