India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokoman

Country flag
Japan's F-15s will be supplemented by the 147 F-35s they have ordered. Also 98 of the 230 F-15Js they have will be upgraded almost to the F-15EX standard and they will be able to then use attack munitions such as the JASSM (Joint Attack Standoff Missile) as well as the in-development hypersonic (Mach 7-20) ARRW missile which will be integrated with the F-15s. Unlike Russian aircraft which have very low MTBF for engines and relatively low air-frame hours (5000-6000 hours), the F-15EX is now certified for 20,000 hours of air-frame life.

So Japan will continue to be well prepared on the air defence front.
Small nation like Japan will have over 150 5th gen fighter jets.

:facepalm: Meanwhile we are celebrating like idiots over receiving 5 4.5-gen Rafale jets.

Sarjen

Looks like Depsang is now hot topic in Chai Biscuit sessions. If India does not want situation to escalate too much then we have to occupy chinese territory. Maybe in Arunachal or Sikkim.

I don't think they'll negotiate even if we take hold of their territory in AP sector or in Sikkim... it'll be war or they'll try to capture one our along LAC, or not do anything and make us spend more on maintaining those posts.

johnq

That may be true, but what I'm suggesting is a media circus shitting on the J-20. It's a psy-op opportunity that should reach chicom public and annoy the shit out of CCP, PLAAF, and Gobar Times.

Basically telling the aam-cheeni "We see your J-20, and so do our meteors."
Even their deployment of the J-20 is psy-ops. Its actual level of stealth is quite poor and can be tracked by IAF radars, awacs, and even fighters like the SU-30MKI. Besides that, it's a flying brick as a result of carrying its weapons internally. My guess is the Chinese don't actually intend to put the J-20 in harm's way and this is all part of their psy-ops in order to gain territory without losing a single soldier. But India should call their bluff and force their J-20s to take off and destroy them.

doreamon

Country flag
Solid copy. Here the no. of Rafael's doesn't matter, because 36 aren't going to cut in. Tejas M1, M2 is the need for the impending war. But I am just wondering what we will do if they attack us in winter. Because currently no. is in there favor.
number ll matter whn its a full scale fight for survival in two front scenario which ll continue for months ... we have 261 su30 mki . 65 mig 29 , 5 rafael and other aircrafts most of which must be active given current scenario .how many china can deploy in tibet region ?

mokoman

Country flag
I don't understand what's with this self flagellation.
Japan is a economic powerhouse. One of the top 5 richest economies in the world. Has been a close defense partner with the US for over 70 years now. What are we expecting from ourselves.
I don't understand what's with this self flagellation.
Japan is a economic powerhouse. One of the top 5 richest economies in the world. Has been a close defense partner with the US for over 70 years now. What are we expecting from ourselves.
:yawn: Lets check our 36 rafale against their 145 F35

36 * 4.5 = 162

145 * 5.0 = 725

725 >> 162

by my math there air force is 70 times better than ours.

scatterStorm

Country flag
number ll matter whn its a full scale fight for survival in two front scenario which ll continue for months ... we have 261 su30 mki . 65 mig 29 , 5 rafael and other aircrafts most of which must be active given current scenario .how many china can deploy in tibet region ?
Currently there capability is limited to payload, but I wouldn't make the mistake of underestimating the enemy plan. If those J20 seen might be placed at PAF airbases, then our hypothesis of there payload capability will shatter in an instant.

However, if they do that, then nothing stops us basing US fighter jets at our airbases and even bombers.

cereal killer

Country flag
I don't think they'll negotiate even if we take hold of their territory in AP sector or in Sikkim... it'll be war or they'll try to capture one our along LAC, or not do anything and make us spend more on maintaining those posts.
We have to try something. I don't think Chinese expect India to go this way. If we let them get away with our land this time. They'll come back again & again & we can't let LAC to become another LoC. Every inch can never be defended on LAC.

johnq

Here is an interview with Pierre Sprey, one of the designers of the F-16 and A-10. Listen to what he has to say about stealth, starting at 6:00:
Defence analyst Pierre Sprey on the F-35 (2012) - the fifth estate
All stealth aircraft can be detected by long wave radars, although the J-20 isn't even very stealthy in x-band because of its design flaws such as canards. And because of its internal weapons carriage, it's a flying brick that can't dogfight. IAF fighters will destroy it.

johnq

We have to try something. I don't think Chinese expect India to go this way. If we let them get away with our land this time. They'll come back again & again & we can't let LAC to become another LoC. Every inch can never be defended on LAC.
Once all Indians have been vaccinated against Covid, it will be time to teach China a lesson about stealing.

LDev

Country flag
Small nation like Japan will have over 150 5th gen fighter jets.

:facepalm: Meanwhile we are celebrating like idiots over receiving 5 4.5-gen Rafale jets.
It all comes down to force structure. Japan has a total of 250,000 personnel in uniform of whom 150,000 are the ground forces (Army). The Indian Army alone is about 1.2 million in comparison, the IAF and IN another 250,000. India has 2 hostile borders and thousands of MBTs, Japan has a few hundred as it's land defence is really the defence of it's many islands..Japan's armed forces retirees do not get a pension: they get a one time lump sum payment on retirement so there is no continuing liability like India where 28% of the defence budget goes to fund pensions. And that is why inspite of having a defence budget of $50 billion which is less than the $70 billion that India spends, Japan can afford to buy new equipment like 147 F-35s whereas India struggles to come up with money to buy 36 Rafale.

But India does need a fundamental re-think of it's force structure.

cereal killer

Country flag
Once all Indians have been vaccinated against Covid, it will be time to teach China a lesson about stealing.
If that's the case then we'll have to wait for exactly a year or more. China ain't stealing anything. They are doing all this with the world watching. That's Xi's retribution for Doklam.

johnq

If that's the case then we'll have to wait for exactly a year or more. China ain't stealing anything. They are doing all this with the world watching. That's Xi's retribution for Doklam.
The vaccination will be a lot sooner than a year. China is stealing because it's building military infrastructure on land that legally belongs to India. But since might makes right in China's worldview, India will take its land back from both China and Pakistan and return Doklam to Bhutan when the time is right. What India is going through right now vis a vis China was necessary to give it a wakeup call in order to free it from Chinese products and companies. Most of the world will do the same and reduce their reliance on China.

mokoman

Country flag
Here is an interview with Pierre Sprey, one of the designers of the F-16 and A-10. Listen to what he has to say about stealth, starting at 6:00:
Defence analyst Pierre Sprey on the F-35 (2012) - the fifth estate
All stealth aircraft can be detected by long wave radars, although the J-20 isn't even very stealthy in x-band because of its design flaws such as canards. And because of its internal weapons carriage, it's a flying brick that can't dogfight. IAF fighters will destroy it.
I read that the J-20 is designed as a long range interceptor ,

:hmm: so i guessing no dogfight . just shoot the pl-15 and scoot .

Bhurki

I read that the J-20 is designed as a long range interceptor ,

:hmm: so i guessing no dogfight . just shoot the pl-15 and scoot .
Thats basically what BVR fights are..
Look first, shoot first, egress right after shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles