India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag

A great article about this new deployment.

US has finally woken up to the Chinese threat this deployment is a part of strategic unpredictability by the US airforce.

Instead of deploying bombers in pre-planned and pre-decided areas like they used to before the us is now deploying bombers and other fighters all around the globe.

The most recent example should be the recent deployment of b-2 bombers to Iceland and before that the wake island.

They are deploying them in low supply far out regions to improve readiness and reaction time.

Also Diego Garcia is a perfect spot for the deployment of such high profile bombers.

These bombers can respond to threats both in the ME and Pacific from here.

Whereas if they are deployed in the US base in UAE which is much closer to ME these bombers can't respond to threats in the Pacific and will fall under the range of Iran's ballistic missile.
Trust me, these bombers can respond to any threat sitting safely in the US. They regular take off from mainland US and do bombing runs on targets in the Middle East and return back to base in the US. In a single run. They have very long legs.

It’s just that the turn around time during an actual conflict would be very very large, and won’t be able to respond quick enough.
Stationing then at Diego Garcia is a direct message to assure India and intimidate China at this time. These things can drop 40 tons of bombs on a single run. If there is a conflict and the us gets involved, they can bomb the entire wester theater of the ccp into oblivion.
But my reasoning in this is a bit different. The main reasons they could be stationed here, is to discourage China from targeting Indian cities in case of a conflict. There’s a reason China stationed irbm’s closer to the border. India or the US would have by this time realized that the Chinese could potentially do some serious escalation if things don’t go their way.

Oooooor, this is all some stupid paranoid theory, and the B2’s are just here to spook China from doing anything stupid with Taiwan during the wargames.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Country flag
we can develop and have developed our own 5G no need to start your as usual rant without knowing any thing.
Your own... Ghanta... like always//// XXXXX men dam nahin... Ek dhang ka mobile nahin ban sakata,, OFC to banata nahin Chale 6G banane... Tell me who makes switches and how much ofc India imports.. ??

You can only Make BSNL...

Last edited:

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Brahmcharyen tapasa raja rashtyam vi rakshati| Acharyo brahmcharyen brahmcharinam-ichhate|| Atharva 3-5-17|

King who adopts 'brahmcharya' is adept in his work and protects nation. He promotes education and loves teachers engaged in giving education to public.
If the King adopts brahmacharya, who becomes King after him?

Bhadra

Country flag
If the King adopts brahmacharya, who becomes King after him?
Ha Ha Ha ..... what a way to understand Brahmacharya.

It is Chariya (routine. behviour. life style) of Brahma .... Sadachar, sadaharan, bhrahmanistha, srijan aur vistaar.. Gyan aur praksh...

It is not the absence of sex.. Brhma was a F***er... who had many sons..

Bhadra

Country flag
This is good for India. B-2s at Diego Garcia send a message to China and Pakistan that the US is within striking distance, and it will guarantee peace in South Asia. It's the next best thing to putting these bombers in some place like Hindon (which would have sparked randi-rona by Indian opposition NAMards). I'm sure India was kept in the loop with this deployment.
Smacks of very innate and old Indian desire of outsourcing National Security..

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
diplomatic jargon of meeting India “half-way.”

While Chinese diplomats talk about peace and tranquility on the LAC, their interlocutors are making unacceptable demands on the Indian Army like asking removal of an old administrative base in Pangong Tso or coming down from heights in Kugrang ridgeline. It is these demands that are couched in diplomatic jargon of meeting India “half-way.”

Despite a number of meetings at both military and diplomatic level, the Xi Jinping regime is adamant on its positions and posture on LAC with all dialogues showing hardly any progress.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his Independence Day speech virtually made it clear that India was ready for two front aggression—from the Line of Control with Pakistan to LAC expansion by China. The speech was also signal to both the neighbours that India will not back down and stand up to aggression on its own. And in both the cases, the border flare-ups have been coupled with the progress (in this case regress) in bilateral ties.

“Whether China wants the $80 billion bilateral trade with India which is hugely tilted in favour of Beijing to steadily come down is a call that Xi Jinping’s military ambition has to take. The ball is in the Chinese court,” summed up another Indian diplomat.

India not to give in to any PLA demand over disengagement and de-escalation. Restore status quo ante is the mantra

Knowitall

diplomatic jargon of meeting India “half-way.”

While Chinese diplomats talk about peace and tranquility on the LAC, their interlocutors are making unacceptable demands on the Indian Army like asking removal of an old administrative base in Pangong Tso or coming down from heights in Kugrang ridgeline. It is these demands that are couched in diplomatic jargon of meeting India “half-way.”

Despite a number of meetings at both military and diplomatic level, the Xi Jinping regime is adamant on its positions and posture on LAC with all dialogues showing hardly any progress.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his Independence Day speech virtually made it clear that India was ready for two front aggression—from the Line of Control with Pakistan to LAC expansion by China. The speech was also signal to both the neighbours that India will not back down and stand up to aggression on its own. And in both the cases, the border flare-ups have been coupled with the progress (in this case regress) in bilateral ties.

“Whether China wants the $80 billion bilateral trade with India which is hugely tilted in favour of Beijing to steadily come down is a call that Xi Jinping’s military ambition has to take. The ball is in the Chinese court,” summed up another Indian diplomat.

India not to give in to any PLA demand over disengagement and de-escalation. Restore status quo ante is the mantra

Ye to ab roz ka dhanda hai baate karenge speech denge so jayenge.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Smacks of very innate and old Indian desire of outsourcing National Security..
@Bhadra you are aging right. :yo:

I will make a critical analysis which I will get a large backslash.

CATEGORY 1 people who think our Forces ar not capable of comforting the Chineses and we cant wins conventional war against them.

CATEGORY 2 people who think we cant win alone against china and should outsource our National Defence to the them.

CATEGORY 3 people who think our GoI is incapable of going against the chineses aggression and are not doing enough.

Category 4 People who think our China is Invicinble and we cant and should not think of war against china. Spreading false Propaganda of the Chinese Military Mighteness on the DFI.

Category 5 People who think we are capable and should give a befitting reply to the Chineses Aggressions, at all costs.

Now I am waiting for a huge Blackslash against my posts. :truestory:

Last edited:

Bhurki

Wow.
I didn't think people were this stupid as to think of US B-2 deployment and Diego Garcio to be some sort of 'messaging'.

Diego garcia has always been a bomber forward deploy base.
B-1, B-2, B-52 regularly deploy here in detachments to provide air support over the middle east and have been doing this for decades. Infact, the only 2 airbases used to attack Middle East for bombing missions usually are Diego Garcia and Ramstein in Germany.

There is no 'hidden messaging' here. That happens whenever they deploy these from Guam.

Bhadra

Country flag
@Bhadra you are aging right. :yo:

I will make a critical analysis which I will get a large backslash.

CATEGORY 1 people who think our Forces ar not capable of comforting the Chineses and we cant wins conventional war against them.

CATEGORY 2 people who think we cant win alone against china and should outsource our National Defence to the them.

CATEGORY 3 people who think our GoI is incapable of going against the chineses aggression and are not doing enough.

Category 4 People who think our China is Invicinble and we cant and should not think of war against china. Spreading false Propaganda of the Chinese Military Mighteness on the DFI.

Category 5 People who think we are capable and should give a befitting reply to the Chineses Aggressions, at all costs.

Now I am waiting for a huge Blackslash against my posts. :truestory:
You have not understood the post you quoted .

It has been a tendency amonst India's ruling class post independence to desire that someone else will come and save their asses... Nehru thought so in 1962.. He thought Americans will deploy their fighters in India and bomb the Chinese.. While he did not allow his own air force to take part in the war lest Chinese get offended..

Then Nehruvian Congress sought Security in entering into a toothless block called NAM who Nehru though would prevent The Chines, Russian and USA from attacking India..

Then the Security was outsourced to USSR... in all repect.
Indian leaders always buckled under pressure and desist from carrying out nuclear explosion.

Now there is a new craving for outsourcing security to USA....

We are not propelled to kick ourselves, kick the hell of OFB and DRDO, kick the MEA. IAS and IPS rather than kicking the poor Generals. When Babus feel that the general is going to retort back. Babu rushes to outsources Security ready to pawn India.

That has happed in the past and that is happening now.

That was the meaning of my comments and not what you understood and took me for a long ride.

Last edited:

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Wow.
I didn't think people were this stupid as to think of US B-2 deployment and Diego Garcio to be some sort of 'messaging'.

Diego garcia has always been a bomber forward deploy base.
B-1, B-2, B-52 regularly deploy here in detachments to provide air support over the middle east and have been doing this for decades. Infact, the only 2 airbases used to attack Middle East for bombing missions usually are Diego Garcia and Ramstein in Germany.

There is no 'hidden messaging' here. That happens whenever they deploy these from Guam.
There’s a correction to your statement: yes, Diego Garcia is a bomber base for refueling and even re arming of not just B2 ‘a but also B52 Stratofortresses. The last B2 activity in the base was in 2016 for replenishments/refueling.
Stationing of 3 such bombers has never been done in ages. Which is why the news is significant.
What’s more significant is the timing of such a deployment.

And there’s nothing ‘stupid’ about analyzing something and discussing. It’s good to have free and open exchange of thoughts. If someone is wrong, it’s easy to just point out that they’re wrong. There’s no need for name calling and the likes Cheers!

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
You have not understood the post you quoted .

It has been a tendency amonst India's ruling class post independence to desire that someone else will come and save their asses... Nehru thought so in 1962.. He thought Americans will deploy their fighters in India and bomb the Chinese.. While he did not allow his own air force to take part in the war lest Chinese get offended..

Then nehruvian Cingress sought Security in entering into a toothless block called NAM who nehru though prevent The Chines, Russion and USA from attacking India..

Then the Security was outsourced to USSR... in all repect.
Indian leaders always buckled under pressure and desisting from carrying out nuclear explosion..

Now there is a new craving for outsourcing security to USA....

We are not propelled to kick ourselves, kick the hell of OFB and DRDO, kick the MEA. IAS and IPS rather than kicking the poor Generals. When Babus feel that the general is going to retort back. Babu rushes to outsources Security ready to pawn India.

That has happed in the past and that is happening now.

That was the meaning of my comments and not what you understood and took me for a long ride.
I just categorized the people sorry if i offended you @Bhadra Nigga. :truestory:

JBH22

By importing weapons, we’re already outsourcing national security.
Actually we seriously stuck in cold war days, MEA believes buy buying weapons from key states we still have them on our side for key international issues.
On top of that it was normal practice to enjoy kickbacks on defence deals. Buying local does not benefit anyone.
Now under Modi things are changing with Gen VKSingh, Ajit doval etc who are there to advise him.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Do you ever realize how deeply Modi's vision and plans of a new India is closely linked to telecommunications, moble technologies and internet reach? All effective reform programs such as Jandhan, the spread of banking down to common man, digital money in place of cash, accounting and control of public money, the spread of banking services, payment of subsidies, elimination of middle man, Adhar and nation identification, NRC, CAA, land records, crime control, Man ki aat, the impetus to nationalism, SMEs, employment generation schemes, public grievances, education and classes in Corona times 0 al and every thinh is telecommunication and moile technology based.

The national health programme and individual health card scheme would be digital and run on the internet. Control over corruption, eliminating hold of bureaucracy are all based on internet technologies. The recent announcements regarding ofc is a step in that direction.

5G and other mobile technology infrastructures and service providers in the country incl TATA Telecom. except for maybe Jio are all comprador third-class baniyas companies lacking capacities and technologies. India needs to spend very huge amount in that field and only foreign players will do that.
Chinese Huwai / ZTE is a major international player. By banning them do you want the field to be surrender to western exploiters and imperialists? India may not grant them contracts but let them be in the field for the sake of competition and reducing contract prices.

Besides, in international diplomacy, no one shuts the door on others completely.. Some carrots are left to dangle ....
All that you talk about does not need 5G.. Let Huawei continue with their participation in 4G and other connectivity schemes. Also, in the current economic climate, no service provider is gung ho about rolling out 5G full scale..

Bhadra

Country flag
By importing weapons, we’re already outsourcing national security.
True. But the weapon then becomes ours. I agree that it is not a satisfactory state of affairs. That is why I say we are not taking charge of our own state of affairs by not improving and screwing OFB and DRDO... The Russian were ready to give us TU-160 but Indian started shivering...

The idea is to be at least be self-dependent in providing Security to the nation...
Which is the primary responsibility of the state..
But the leftish and communist Babus and netas will be quick to bring in the issue of butter Vs Guns and go for butter as their money lies there. For Security, they would prefer USSR and now USA....

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
All that you talk about does not need 5G.. Let Huawei continue with their participation in 4G and other connectivity schemes. Also, in the current economic climate, no service provider is gung ho about rolling out 5G full scale..
The reason for Huawei to be banned is because of serious security compromise issues. This is literally coming down from the NSA to intelligence agencies in India who warn of the Possible issue. Huawei is by no means the only source of option. Other than Samsung, some Japanese companies, western ones, there are quite a few options on the table.
Huawei should by no means be allowed to participate. In fact, I would go a step farther and suggest banning all Chinese telecom phones in the country for the foreseeable future,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles