India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehwag213

Country flag
@Sanglamorre Who cares whether they have captured 'Sen' 'Kaku'? (this is a joke for Bengali people,for those who are wondering)

The app ban from India has created a domino effect. And the 'Boycott China' front of India is also globalizing. It only means decoupling with China. Which in turn will make a military conflict more smooth.:troll::creepy:
🙂

20200810_010645.jpg

20200810_010727.jpg

Sanglamorre

Country flag
@Sanglamorre Who cares whether they have captured 'Sen' 'Kaku'? (this is a joke for Bengali people,for those who are wondering)

The app ban from India has created a domino effect. And the 'Boycott China' front of India is also globalizing. It only means decoupling with China. Which in turn will make a military conflict more smooth.:troll::creepy:
They haven't actually captured Senkaku though. It being an island makes it hard unlike parts of Ladakh.

As for the economic decoupling. I'll reserve my judgement when the Yellow Virus is gone and trade resumes normality. Then, we'll see how much we have actually decoupled.

EarthCitizen

Country flag
I have a question, why the hell we are telling Chinese to pull back it's troops and Stop further construction ? When prime minister of our country said on the national TV that there is no intrusion in our areas. Ain't this ambiguous?. People like me getting so much confused who is lying media or pm modi?

nick_indian

Country flag
Hard to digest but the Chinese are squatting on lands that we claim as our own in certain areas in Ladakh - Pangong Tso and Depsang. Now, you can be the judge if Modi ji was lying or not.

garg_bharat

Country flag
It's a good thing that deficit has decreased but I guess this is the best we could do. But brace yourself for retaliation from China our 16.6 bn$ export will also take a hit.
This kind of deficit is not sustainable. India must increase local production or import from elsewhere.

Cactus09

Country flag

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
lot of negativity on this thread regarding the 101 defense product ban. :frusty:

Journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step. INDIA has now taken that first step to become self reliant in defense sector. this is a very good decision of our current majority government and this calls for celebration. we have developed all kinds of weapons at home, from radars to jets, from sonars to missiles, from tanks to submarines, from warships to biggest cannons. i sincerely believe that after this move, all of our home made weapon will obtain maturity and will revolutionize local industries.

instead of wet dreaming about western weapons, we now should make our own home made weapons equally capable.

all the problems that been listed out by the members will eventuality be resolved. at-least give couple of years to this concept and lets reserve our negativity and bad mouthing till then.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
lot of negativity on this thread regarding the 101 defense product ban. :frusty:

Journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step. INDIA has now taken that first step to become self reliant in defense sector. this is a very good decision of our current majority government and this calls for celebration. we have developed all kinds of weapons at home, from radars to jets, from sonars to missiles, from tanks to submarines, from warships to biggest cannons. i sincerely believe that after this move, all of our home made weapon will obtain maturity and will revolutionize local industries.

instead of wet dreaming about western weapons, we now should make our own home made weapons equally capable.

all the problems that been listed out by the members will eventuality be resolved. at-least give couple of years to this concept and lets reserve our negativity and bad mouthing till then.
True. And this time, we fund ‘private’ companies rather than psu’s. That would be the advantage.

But let’s face it. For heavy weaponry such as chinooks, apaches and rafales. It wouldn’t hurt to import a few more.

Rest all. Go local.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Dams built by China

:lawl::lawl::lawl: thats nothing bro, watch this

Gravitas: How China is weaponising water

China plans mega water diversion project

Gravitas: Floods in China: A man-made disaster?

Gravitas: Wuhan floods | Natural or Deliberate?

Flood alert raised to the highest level in China | Major dams discharge water | World News

china has crossed all the limits of humanity from corona virus to water terrorism.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Dams built by China
Flooding India's NE inevitably also floods Bangladesh. India is very transparent with the Bangladeshi government on river data, including Bangladeshi government engineers being permanently stationed in India for their own monitoring, so they know who to blame when thousands die from flooding. Ditto droughts.

This severely limits China's wiggle-room for economic coercion using river waters, however, in times of war, it gives China the ability to cause flash-floods in India to impact Indian military logistics (even if they end up hitting Bangladesh downstream). India needs a large reservoir / check-dam somewhere in the NE that keeps its gates open and reservoir empty most of the times, so it can absorb any surge in flow coming in from China.

cereal killer

Country flag
This kind of deficit is not sustainable. India must increase local production or import from elsewhere.
I guess we import most of the electronic equipments from them that either we can't produce at home or either are too expensive to produce. China offers them at cheap rates than others, which in turn helps us to keep inflation limited. It is sorta majboori.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
I guess we import most of the electronic equipments from them that either we can't produce at home or either are too expensive to produce. China offers them at cheap rates than others, which in turn helps us to keep inflation limited. It is sorta majboori.
black money is the major cause of inflation; followed by tax evasion and tax avoidance; followed by corruption and extortion. having trade balance with china is one of the minor cause of inflation.

for example, as per my own analysis, anytime, a flat is booked or sold in India, an average of rs 30-65 lakh rupees goes into black money. there are more then 10,000 such properties are traded per day in entire INDIA. (100-150 properties are traded in Ahmadabad city only each day) second, nobody in INDIA pays property tax as per the appraisal value. we feed ton of corrupt money to appraisal babus to lower value of our tax, but then also we don't pay tax..

all this tax evasion comes back to bite our own ass in the name of inflation ("mehangai").. and then we blame current govt for inflation :lawl: :lawl: :lawl:

garg_bharat

Country flag
Price does not matter if products are made locally. Local value addition always increases GDP (buying power). So price alone should not be a yardstick.

Most pc components made in china fail within months. These are very low price but are highly unreliable. Do we need to import such things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles