India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country flag
America can't even ban Tiktok and people think they will fight against China for India.
They can help us with weapons, intelligence, satellite image, warning Pakis.
That is their maximum ceiling.
American could deliver 200 warplanes within a week if needed. Don’t think anyone can do that.
USA has more warplanes in Asia and pacific currently than all of Asia ( excluding Russia) put together.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
I don’t want to present any negative view but I would feel much better if India entered official alliances with nations . I won’t specify but you choose who would be good candidates?
You're talking as if there is a choice in candidates.

Sehwag213

Country flag
American could deliver 200 warplanes within a week if needed. Don’t think anyone can do that.
USA has more warplanes in Asia and pacific currently than all of Asia ( excluding Russia) put together.
But we don't know how to operate their planes. It would be useless

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
I'm seeing a lot of discontentment or should I say dissatisfaction amongst many members here, all I can say is have patience, well, I'm sure that's one thing many have shortage of. But it would very well be worth the wait.

I'm sure things as of now doesn't stand much to many of your liking, but there is a lot going on in the background, let them do their work, it doesn't befit us to second-guess their actions and planning. Going hot unprepared or based on emotions would have been on miscalculations which would in turn have backfired hugely leading to losses which could have been avoided. Many here are knowledgeable so expected better.

another_armchair

Country flag
What did the scuds achieve during Gulf War?

IRAQ’S USE OF SCUDS DURING OPERATION DESERT STORM

Very little.

Unless conventional Chinese ballistic missiles specifically target our vital installations, including Nuclear power & research sites in high population centers, they will achieve very little besides pissing off a billion plus Indians forever.

Dhoti shivering is fine but lungi wetting before the war has even started is not a good sign. Let's calm down and feel our twins. They are in good shape.

Am sure our military planners must have factored most scenarios including the apocalyptic ones.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
They didn't like our tea and biscuits. They ordered to bring better ones next round. We accepted.
I feel that the Chinese drop some strong sleeping pills into the chai of IA delegation at the beginning of the meeting... and the IA delegation packs up and leaves after 15 hours once they regain consciousness..

Sehwag213

Country flag
I am not in the favour of war at this time.
With a struggling economy and Covid-19 situation, it is better we pick a right time just like they picked their.

We should plan for war and attack them the moment they are down or they make a move on Taiwan or South China sea.

This is not the right time to fight war.
We are struggling at the moment
Our best response at the moment could be economic decoupling imo.

Cheran

Country flag
GOI can at-least have a good communications strategy. Let's say once a week briefing from a tech savvy major or colonel with maps & positions of the dug in Chinese troops. He could explain as to how we used to patrol these area's in the past. As of now it is just selective leaks to certain journalists.

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
Yes.. an alliance with US is a good option.. but, for that to happen there should be a firm commitment from both India and US to decouple almost completely from China economically. Because given current american investment levels in China, and american dependence on China for all kinds of goods, there is a high risk, that India will be thrown under the bus, if US can reach a long term deal with China.. So, we got to be careful.

This is one way of looking at it. You have been mostly right. But also one needs to realise the huge anti-china sentiments in the western world. Things will never be the same again, so that dependence part will be well taken care of. If things don't go hot b/w the west and china it would then atleast turn into a cold war, but much more complicated than the previous one.

Anyways, as you have mentioned, we need to be wary of alliances. With the muricans, there is no alliance, just subordinates. We will always be the junior partner no matter what. We need to understand basics and also realise who are our friends and coordinate (I won't use the term 'alliance' as its a cold-war'ish term, and irrelevant to the current day). The world built on alliances are falling, so just see with which countries do your mutual interests align and coordinate whatever you intend to do.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
With a struggling economy and Covid-19 situation, it is better we pick a right time just like they picked their.

We should plan for war and attack them the moment they are down or they make a move on Taiwan or South China sea.

O Bhai mere, they're ready with next biological attack. Those black death, pneumonia reports weren't accidental. As soon as we come out of this one, they'll attack us with the next.
They're continuing their bio warfare against West by sending them spurious seeds.
We had all these years to choose from, but now we have run out of time. That bio warfare lab in Pakistan isn't going to sit idle.

Country flag

rhis why Chinese picked this point in time, they will never let you pick and choose a time and place. China will be lot stronger in future too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles