India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
These are scenarios I presented where Chinese are directly involved against us. They don’t have to be directly involved just build up hostile neighbors against India to do the dirty work.
Exactly. Which is why goi needs to be proactive and nakedly call for free Tibet. Strategic relations with Taiwan.
Publicly berate China for uighyurs.
Attemp to put China under fatf list for funding terrorists.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
600 IRBM’s have been pointed at all india ciiies from TIBET for last 50 years . They maybe conventional that is one way. They have long range bombers to drop thousands more. They have submarines in bases in Africa and Asia that can launch 100’s more conventional or unconventional.
We have none of the above.
600 conventional IRBMs would be exhausted in no time.. and Indian economy will still not be crippled.. If the psychological impact can be managed.. there is nothing much that these famed chinese missiles can accomplish with any permanence.. unless followed by a ground assault, all these missile strikes dont accomplish much by thmeselves.. this can be seen in syria..

Country flag
I don’t want to present any negative view but I would feel much better if India entered official alliances with nations . I won’t specify but you choose who would be good candidates?

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
shashank agree but Indian navy alone would not be able to accomplish this.
Right now India can.. as China doesn't have any significant fleet in being west of the malacca strait.. And chinese power projection capability, from their home bases in south china sea is pretty tough to maintain during war.. But, in 10 years time, our position might be severely compromised if the chinese are able to setup pearl harbour style bases in Africa or Pakistan or maldives .

Last edited:

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
I don’t want to present any negative view but I would feel much better if India entered official alliances with nations . I won’t specify but you choose who would be good candidates?
At this point, it has to be the US. All India needs is for the pakis to be leashed when it engages China. Surely, Indian armed forces can handle China on their own.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Yes.. an alliance with US is a good option.. but, for that to happen there should be a firm commitment from both India and US to decouple almost completely from China economically. Because given current american investment levels in China, and american dependence on China for all kinds of goods, there is a high risk, that India will be thrown under the bus, if US can reach a long term deal with China.. So, we got to be careful.

Sehwag213

Country flag
Yes.. an alliance with US is a good option.. but, for that to happen there should be a firm commitment from both India and US to decouple almost completely from China economically. Because given current american investment levels in China, and american dependence on China for all kinds of goods, there is a high risk, that India will be thrown under the bus, if US can reach a long term deal with China.. So, we got to be careful.
America can't even ban Tiktok and people think they will fight against China for India.
They can help us with weapons, intelligence, satellite image, warning Pakis.
That is their maximum ceiling.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
If talks have no future,our response should be similar.Activate the whole LAC,even previously 'settled' areas.Send in indian troops at several points into chinese side in proportion to chinese incursion at ladakh and set up tents and posts.Then as long as chinese dont vacate no man's land in ladakh we will also not vacate.Chinese are welcome to fire first and start a war.
A Simple but risky move is heli drop soldiers behind Chinese soldiers. Let them fire the first shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles