India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Another clear stance from GOI.

It looks like some people want Modi to para drop in Beijing and shoot Xitler dead, only then they would be satisfied.
>India must stand it's ground! We will not have normal relationship with China!

>Meanwhile 50,000th tea biscuit session underway between India on China even as China is sitting on some areas they intruded in.

>Not a single consulate has been closed or diplomats called back.

Yeah, so strong stance Xi is shaking in his boots.

Give permission to the paratroopers to do their para drop in LAC, phir Beijing and Xi ka naam lena.

JBH22

Another clear stance from GOI.

It looks like some people want Modi to para drop in Beijing and shoot Xitler dead, only then they would be satisfied.
I believe that Ajit doval is well placed to formulate an adequate response. In any case PLA will try to avenge the galwaan casualties, what is needed is whether the time bought by talks have been used to build supply lines. Do the guys at LAC have the basis tools to take on PLA. At least sufficient ammo, food,fuel and clothing.
Also how to prevent Pakistan from trying to capitalise on the situation.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Most of these infra have been created in last 1 month. As I said now that everything is in media, they simply can't go back without getting anything in return because this would be serious loss of face for them.

And if your second point holds true of them wanting to capture DSDBO road, then war is anyway happening whether Modi wants it or not.
Not quite. If I was Chinese and I saw I was being served Chai biscuit even after doing what I did, I'd be laughing and just threaten to capture more areas here and there and use my agents in Indian media to leak that news. Eventually, a limp GoI would simply stop building DS-DBO to stop being raked over the coals.

Sehwag213

Country flag
Tiktok was planning IPO of 110 billion dollar. Thanks to our ban and now US following same action, company has now no chance of IPO.
Do you really believe now China would do nothing on loss of 110 billion and restore status quo without getting anything in return ?

Thanks to media circus, even small chance of quiet resolution of this crisis is over.

20200802_094644.jpg

Sehwag213

Country flag
Not quite. If I was Chinese and I saw I was being served Chai biscuit even after doing what I did, I'd be laughing and just threaten to capture more areas here and there and use my agents in Indian media to leak that news. Eventually, a limp GoI would simply stop building DS-DBO to stop being raked over the coals.
Infact opposite has happened. Construction speed has increased. So clearly their objective haven't been fulfilled.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Infact opposite has happened. Construction speed has increased. So clearly their objective haven't been fulfilled.
True.

But the Chinese haven't played all their gambits yet. Strong media suppression/management has kept other intrusions like Depsang out of public glare. They'll do some more crap in other areas, then the conditions would be met for what I said.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
>India must stand it's ground! We will not have normal relationship with China!

>Meanwhile 50,000th tea biscuit session underway between India on China even as China is sitting on some areas they intruded in.

>Not a single consulate has been closed or diplomats called back.

Yeah, so strong stance Xi is shaking in his boots.

Give permission to the paratroopers to do their para drop in LAC, phir Beijing and Xi ka naam lena.
Stop changing goal posts.
You were clear about GOI wanting to brush this under the carpet.

My posts are a rebuttal to that single point of yours.

Regarding the actions being taken or going to taken - well, this is a developing scenario, why jump the gun when the match is not over? Let it be over and then you can do a postmortem.

Now, answer the question, do you think GOI actions are an indicator that they will brush this under the carpet?

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Tiktok was planning IPO of 110 billion dollar. Thanks to our ban and now US following same action, company has now no chance of IPO.
Do you really believe now China would do nothing on loss of 110 billion and restore status quo without getting anything in return ?

Thanks to media circus, even small chance of quiet resolution of this crisis is over.

View attachment 55233
Doesn't this news state their value is 110Bil right now? Their planned IPO is 2021.

The news literally states despite regulatory concerns with US, their value has increased and is currently 110Bil USD.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Without gaining territory by war or with talk,it will be a loss for china
They have lost the business in India
India banned their apps
They lost many big contract s
Now govt is banning imports of tv
Govt is welcoming companies to make phone s in India.........

So without gaining territory ,it will be a big loss
This time India is not ready to leave territory,
Is china ready for war.......

My understanding is ,china is claiming finger 4 to 8..... which India claims too,and China had made a road of 8 km there

What solution will come from discussion s...
Will it be a no man's land......na tumhara na mera.......

.......again deployment of additional troops from both side suggest s that both will not back......
India says it is ready for long haul, isn't it foolish,as they are already strengthening their position there ......

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Stop changing goal posts.
You were clear about GOI wanting to brush this under the carpet.

My posts are a rebuttal to that single point of yours.

Regarding the actions being taken or going to taken - well, this is a developing scenario, why jump the gun when the match is not over? Let it be over and then you can do a postmortem.

Now, answer the question, do you think GOI actions are an indicator that they will brush this under the carpet?
I'm not changing goal posts. I've always been clear, the time taken to prepare for war is understandable. But in the interim there needs to be a break in relations, i.e. no chai biscuit, worsening diplomatic relations, etc. In absence of that, all military movement is posturing.

Yes. They will brush under the carpet. It's the same statement in different words. Still reconciliatory statements about hopes they'll go back.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Chinese will not withdraw. I have been saying that for quite some time. Read my posts.

The Chinese game plan is to force India into a war and possibly a humiliating defeat.

While India wants a diplomatic offensive in the wake of covid19.

The two governments have very differing objectives.

China cannot hold on to Ladakh forever if India has intention to fight to reclaim that area. This point must be understood.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Maha Vir Chakra The gallant daredevil who fought fearlessly at Galwan ... Salute to Sep Gurtej.
Look at this stupidity of trying for media citation and outside forces trying to decide or influence Gallantry Awards,,,

This is a sure-shot way of spoiling chances for the soldiers even if deserving..

This the level of parochial interests and politics we have stooped to.. someone should literally thrash this stupid Captain..

Sanglamorre

Country flag
More like privacy concerns which almost all US tech companies have.

And now thanks to India taking lead, they are being forced to sell their stake in US or may even be banned if they don't sell their stake in US soon.
Yeah so Tiktok in US will be a completely different company? Or will Bytedance still have control? If the whole gamut of Chinese employees, and coding etc aren't changed, I don't see the security concerns being alleviated. If Bytedance has even a little control, they'll be sending info back to Beijing.

Also, then India has the option of allowing US Tiktok version? How is this whole thing going to work? US tiktok seperated from rest of the world Tiktok? No interaction?

ashdoc

Country flag
In the first place, this metric of measuring any sort of govt spending compared to GDP is misleading, given the fact that only 1% of population pay taxes in india. this narrative is being copied from US's problems with NATO spending.

even with the supposedly low amount, it does seem that pace of acquisitions has not dropped. more inductions & purchases & R&D have been done than ever before.

even if defence spending were to be increased, which govt scheme should the amount be reduced from?
village electrification/ rural sanitation / MNREGA/ agricultural subsidy/ Govt employee salaries/ Infrastructure etc etc ?

Expenditures from Union budget 2020

View attachment 55211
Those acquisitions seem a lot only because the previous congress government's defence minister AK Antony was buying practically nothing for almost a decade for fear of getting embroiled in some corruption scandal.

As far as money is concerned Modi could divert some money towards defence acquisitions rather than use it to buy politicians to topple various state governments couldn't he....after all it does seem very power hungry to be busy toppling state governments while coronavirus epidemic is raging throughout the country .

Sehwag213

Country flag
Yeah so Tiktok in US will be a completely different company? Or will Bytedance still have control? If the whole gamut of Chinese employees, and coding etc aren't changed, I don't see the security concerns being alleviated. If Bytedance has even a little control, they'll be sending info back to Beijing.

Also, then India has the option of allowing US Tiktok version? How is this whole thing going to work? US tiktok seperated from rest of the world Tiktok? No interaction?
No complete sale.
Microsoft may purchase it.
Trump has told Bytedance to sell its entire stake.

And to lower the valuation of Bytedance US operations, he is threatening to ban them , so that they sell their stake soon .
Lesser time for price negotiation means to sell the operating at lower valuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles