India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDev

Country flag
If China attacks Indian cities.. most Chinese shipping will be hit and sunk.. so, the chinese will not think about hitting Indian civilian population until the war starts going badly for them..
India should warn China if their missile hits Indian cities , we will blow off 3 Gorges dam
Yep, both ideas will be good deterrents. The 3 Gorges dam in Hubei Province is 1500 km from upper Assam, so a salvo of 6 Agni 3s with 1.5 ton conventional warheads should be enough. And then sinking all the PLAN ships found in the IOR plus a blockade on all ships bound from/to China in the Malacca and Lombok Straits should deter them from trying anything stupid.

Sehwag213

Country flag
And I thought the lakhs of workers who losts their jobs and forced to migrate to Bihar from rest of the India with the help of Sonu sood would be a bigger issue .
Poor condition of conrona centers , unemployment , economy would be issues .
Most of the people in the village are getting free grains, LPG and money in their Jandhan account. Plus he has increased the outlay for MNREGA a large portion of which has gone to villages of Bihar due to election.
Regarding Corona people are mostly blaming China .
So situation is mostly under control.
Yes there is unemployment issue in urban areas but people are reluctant to vote Lalu's party.

Varun2002

Country flag
What's needed is neither being in awe of China, nor being contemptuous of it( though their attitudes and behaviour is contemptible) but being realistic and practical, all the while recognising that India has to be defended, regardless of whether the offending country is stronger than itself.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
Because, it was done with an intent. How many people watch PMO speech Vs MEA statement?

Modi is a seasoned politician. He didn't make a mistake in his speech. He said that to fool people into thinking intrusion happened nowhere. The MEA statement was covering it up next day with a much smaller, niche audience so that the number of people believing him previous day is nowhere equal to the number of people getting the clarification the next day, yet PM has an escape route.

Even the virtuous Yudhisthira did the 'Ashwsthama hata, iti gaja' ruse. Guess what? His lie made his chariot that used to fly four fingers above the ground
touch the soil. Modi has done something similar. We're yet to see what happens to his chariot.
Doesn't matter(at least in this context) what modi said, I was simply rebutting @Raj Malhotra who claims that modi and the GOI denied intrusions, I did not expect this from someone who visits dfi , to overlook an official pmo clarification and go on to spread misinformation.

airtel

Country flag
Most of the people in the village are getting free grains, LPG and money in their Jandhan account. Plus he has increased the outlay for MNREGA a large portion of which has gone to villages of Bihar due to election.
Regarding Corona people are mostly blaming China .
So situation is mostly under control.
Yes there is unemployment issue in urban areas but people are reluctant to vote Lalu's party.

The fact that they are organising election amid an epidemic shows how much the government is concerned about public.

This is the condition of humans in rajdhani of Bihar

Last edited:

cereal killer

Country flag
The PLA Rocket forces have hundreds of SRBMs, mainly DF-15s with a range of 600km--900km that can reach many Indian cities and towns in the north and east including Delhi and Kolkatta. I think that India has to be prepared for the fact that the PLA will adhere to no code of conduct at all if their barbaric behavior at Galwan is any indication and has to be prepared for SRBM attacks on the civilian population. Because China will use that as a coercive tool to put pressure on Indian citizens to clamor for stopping the war. These conventional SRBM attacks will not cause massive casualties but will cause panic, similar to the Iran Iraq tit for tat missile exchanges in the 1980s.
We may not have these SRBMs equal to China.. But few Prithvi missiles launched from Assam or even Arunachal can strike deep into Chinese Yunan & Sichuan provinces. We can cause panic among Chinese public as well provided we plan accordingly.

Sehwag213

Country flag
The fact that they are organising election amid an epidemic shows how much the government is concerned about public.

This is the condition of rajdhani of Bihar

There is still 3 months remaining.
If situation doesn't improve, then election may be postponed.

airtel

Country flag
There is still 3 months remaining.
If situation doesn't improve, then election may be postponed.
Improvement dikh Raha hai ? It seems election is more important than lives of people .

Screenshot_2020-08-01-23-57-25-35_1b5f9fdbb440c7479d648a5a693b9372.jpg

Abhay Rajput 02

We may not have these SRBMs equal to China.. But few Prithvi missiles launched from Assam or even Arunachal can strike deep into Chinese Yunan & Sichuan provinces. We can cause panic among Chinese public as well provided we plan accordingly.
No Sir, we are idiots that's why. Ballistic missiles are cheaper and quite accurate in today's times. We had 20 years to build huge amount of Agni 1 and 2 . It was no secret that Chinese have a lot of ballistic missiles but we didn't care at all. During the early days of standoff I was talking to my boss about there ballistic missile advantage and his reply was like- they won't cause much damage to civilian population, blah blah blah
and now we were talking about this same thing yesterday. I am glad that they have woken up from there sleep. Besides we do have some 500+ Prithvi 1/2/3, .. But that's it and there range at best is not more than 400km. rest all ballistic missiles are strategic /decoys.
Note:- it's hard to get the actual number of missiles but what I known for sure that in early 2000s, we had some 50 Prithvi and production capacity was meant to be 60 per year. My assumption is based on that and the fact that I known some people. Same story with brahmos , nobody knows how many , some are even nuclear tipped .

cereal killer

Country flag
No Sir, we are idiots that's why. Ballistic missiles are cheaper and quite accurate in today's times. We had 20 years to build huge amount of Agni 1 and 2 . It was no secret that Chinese have a lot of ballistic missiles but we didn't care at all. During the early days of standoff I was talking to my boss about there ballistic missile advantage and his reply was like- they won't cause much damage to civilian population, blah blah blah
and now we were talking about this same thing yesterday. I am glad that they have woken up from there sleep. Besides we do have some 500+ Prithvi 1/2/3, .. But that's it and there range at best is not more than 400km. rest all ballistic missiles are strategic /decoys.
Note:- it's hard to get the actual number of missiles but what I known for sure that in early 2000s, we had some 50 Prithvi and production capacity was meant to be 60 per year. My assumption is based on that and the fact that I known some people. Same story with brahmos , nobody knows how many , some are even nuclear tipped .
I agree with the point about the quantity. Yes indeed it is a failure from our part that our missile capability is still not as good as it should be. I am not sure about Agni series as how much do we have as these things are mostly secret but it is likely that for a two front situation we don't have adequate. Our planning has been mostly Pakistan centric & that's where our fault is.
As you mentioned the data about Prithvi I think it'll still be good enough to Target their air bases & I guess Agni 1 & 2 are in decent numbers to Target say Chengdu city which is like 900 km from Arunachal. Brahmos is a costly one So we should use it for tactical purposes only.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Home / India News / China moves PLA battalion across India’s Lipulekh Pass. It’s a signal
China moves PLA battalion across India’s Lipulekh Pass. It’s a signal
There has been thinning of troops at the standoff points along the LAC but the disengagement is still work in progress.
Updated: Aug 01, 2020 22:36 IST
By Shishir Gupta, Hindustan Times New Delhi

Indian troops are tracking the movement of troops across the Line of Actual Control in China
Indian troops are tracking the movement of troops across the Line of Actual Control in China.
China has mobilised a battalion strength of People’s Liberation Army soldiers near Uttarakhand’s Lipulekh Pass, one of the locations along the Line of Actual Control that have witnessed movement of Chinese troops over the last few weeks outside of the Ladakh sector, people familiar with the matter told Hindustan Times.

India and China have been engaged in a standoff in East Ladakh beginning early May that flared up on June 15, leading to the bloodiest clash between soldiers from ṭwo sides in 45 years. Three weeks later, both sides agreed to start the disengagement and de-escalation of troops at the standoff points after a conversation between National Security Adviser Ajit Doval and Foreign Minister Wang Yi.

ALSO WATCH | Rafale jets should worry those threatening India: Govt’s message to China

There has been thinning of troops at the standoff points but the disengagement is still work in progress.

Also Read: Army won’t take eyes off Ladakh, preps to shop for Siachen-like gear for troops

Simultaneously, Indian military officers in Ladakh noticed a huge effort by Chinese troops to bolster its strength in the depth areas, and give infrastructure projects on its side a hard push. Chinese troops have augmented its presence on its side of the LAC elsewhere too.

“There has been accretion of PLA troops across the LAC at Lipulekh Pass, parts of North Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh,” a top military commander said.

Lipulekh Pass, which falls on the Mansarovar Yatra route, has been in the headlines for the last few months after Nepal objected to a 80-km road built by India to the Himalayan pass. The Lipulekh Pass is also used for annual barter trade during June-October between tribal populations living on either side of the Indo-China LAC.

Kathmandu escalated tensions with India this year after it changed its political map to count the Kalapani area including Lipulekh - which lies close to the tri-junction of India-China-Nepal - as its own.

Also Read: China says it treats Nepal as an ‘equal’ in gushing exchange on 65th year of ties

At Lipulekh Pass, PLA has moved a battalion - approximately a 1,000 soldiers - at some distance from the border.

“It is a signal that the Chinese troops are prepared,” a second army officer said. He added that India has matched the strength of the PLA troops and is keeping a close watch on Nepal in context of its recent border claims.

“The situation on the Line of Actual Control remains dynamic with the PLA trying to emphasise its presence beyond Ladakh by building infrastructure on their side of the LAC,” the top military commander quoted above said.

In Ladakh and elsewhere, the troop movements and the mistrust has led the army to prepare to station soldiers in the icy heights of Ladakh through the winter irrespective of how the disengagement and de-escalation efforts pan out.

The government has already sounded out its embassies in US, Russia and Europe to locate manufacturers of high-altitude clothing and snow tent manufacturers for emergency purchases. If it still falls short, the plan B is to divert stocks from locations such as Thoise, the base station for soldiers deployed in Siachen Glacier.

“It looks unlikely that we would be able to take our eyes off the border,” said an army commander. Underscoring that this could be the only way for now to make Indian territory off-limits for an expansionist China and hold peace on the border.

“After the PLA aggression, we don’t trust the Chinese and fear that they will come back again north of Pangong Tso as summer arrives in 2021,” said a military commander.

Although the PLA has disengaged from patrolling points 14 (Galwan), 15-16 (Hot Springs), a smattering of adversary troops are still on forward location at patrolling point 17 A (Gogra) and withdrawal from all contested finger features is a distance away at the Pangong Tso.

Synergy

Country flag
I was going through last 5/6 pages or so. I think we are missing some points.

firstly, still we are discussing and debating this topic only as presently Modiji is our PM. if any congi was PM, then this thread would have been inactive a long time ago.

secondly, you can like him or hate him, but I don't think anybody has any confusion regarding his political understanding.

next, PM, DM, Army chief, Gen Joshi all hinted, we are trying to solve this matter peacefully but we will maintain status quo ante. do we believe them or not?

next, we are throwing everything incl MiG 29k in Ladakh, every navy ship etc. for what?

it's not over yet. I think "picture abhi baki hai dost". we just have to keep a bit of patience.

(I may be wrong).

DownWithCCP

Country flag

firstly, still we are discussing and debating this topic only as presently Modiji is our PM. if any congi was PM, then this thread would have been inactive a long time ago.

secondly, you can like him or hate him, but I don't think anybody has any confusion regarding his political understanding.

next, PM, DM, Army chief, Gen Joshi all hinted, we are trying to solve this matter peacefully but we will maintain status quo ante. do we believe them or not?

next, we are throwing everything incl MiG 29k in Ladakh, every navy ship etc. for what?

it's not over yet. I think "picture abhi baki hai dost". we just have to keep a bit of patience.

(I may be wrong).
One can go as far as to tell "hell with the PM, DM...." but I 100% believe Gen Joshi and the army chief.

Kumata

Country flag

first, still we are discussing and debating this topic only as presently Modiji is our PM. if any congi was PM, then this thread would have been inactive a long time ago.

(I may be wrong).
Apparently, everyone think this is all over.... If it was congress.... I Too Would have agreed to it... But with Modi at helm.... It ls not over for sure.....

Unfortunately, all have been so use to congress style that anyone standing to China seems distant dream in here.. .... And I Don't blame anyone...thst been our mentality so far..... Take in ur chin and move on... Pretend as 8f nothing have happened.... Not anymore...

I hope i am. Correct...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles