India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
but even inaction post 26/11 did not stop congress from being reelected 6 months later..
Because Congress had hundreds of positives to bail it out in 2009, none of its scams came to light, so 26/11 can't be seen in a vacuum. On the other hand, Modi was hanging onto "national security" and military hawkishness as his last thread. He already lost on the economic front, and thanks to the COVID-19 and migrant labourer crisis, he is embattled in public-good image. At least military hawkishness and national security would have sold.

Right now, India stares at losing more territory than it ever did since 1962, coupled with Chinese maintaining a predatory stance at the border. This stance won't change unless it's given a bloody nose.

The objective of a war isn't always to win. Sometimes you fight knowing you might lose, but making the enemy suffer hard for a costly victory is enough to send a strategic message forcing him to change his stance.

Sehwag213

Country flag
There would be payback. Xi has personally backstabbed Modi. There would be action. If you feel there would be no action, then you don't know Modi.

@Sanglamorre
Amit shah had warned Ahmed Patel that if they form govt in Maharashtra, then they will lose their government in MP, Rajasthan. And this is exactly what is happening. Can you please stop crying.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If there is no ingress from China, then nothing stops India from returning that shelling, MBRL strikes, etc., and tossing CPEC into the dustbin of history.
I am talking about indian civilians in line of fire. india military might ensure that there are no Tibetan civilian casualties, they are sparsely populated anyway. there is no guarantee that PLA will adhere to a similar code of conduct.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
There would be payback. Xi has personally backstabbed Modi. There would be action. If you feel there would be no action, then you don't know Modi.

@Sanglamorre
Amit shah had warned Ahmed Patel that if they form govt in Maharashtra, then they will lose their government in MP, Rajasthan. And this is exactly what is happening. Can you please stop crying.
Nahi karunga. Kya karoge Bhai, digital strike?

Modi ka mysterious powers Ka criticism sunna nahi hai toh ignore list mein daalo. Agar koi military action hua toh main aapko PM karke sorry shaktiman bolunga. Jab tak nahi hoga, yehi karunga.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
I am talking about indian civilians in line of fire. india military might ensure that there are no Tibetan civilian casualties, they are sparsely populated anyway. there is no guarantee that PLA will adhere to a similar code of conduct.
India might not be that sensitive once a war against china starts.. also not much news about suffering by indian border villages will come into view, because to counter propaganda by chinese and anti india stooges, there would be an emergency like situation, where nothing much would come to public notice..

Sehwag213

Country flag
Because Congress had hundreds of positives to bail it out in 2009, none of its scams came to light, so 26/11 can't be seen in a vacuum. On the other hand, Modi was hanging onto "national security" and military hawkishness as his last thread. He already lost on the economic front, and thanks to the COVID-19 and migrant labourer crisis, he is embattled in public-good image. At least military hawkishness and national security would have sold.

Right now, India stares at losing more territory than it ever did since 1962, coupled with Chinese maintaining a predatory stance at the border. This stance won't change unless it's given a bloody nose.

The objective of a war isn't always to win. Sometimes you fight knowing you might lose, but making the enemy suffer hard for a costly victory is enough to send a strategic message forcing him to change his stance.
BJP is winning Bihar election 90% .
And reason is Sushant singh Rajput.
Maharashtra government isn't investigating properly and Cong is alliance partner there. This is a very big issue in Bihar .

Moving to the thread topic, action will happen on China front .
He is giving time to Military to prepare.

The only case action won't happen if when Modi is sure we will lose to China. And this means military we don't have the correct picture.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
India might not be that sensitive once a war against china starts.. also not much news about suffering by border villages will come into view, because to counter propaganda by chinese and anti india stooges, there would be an emergency like situation, where nothing much would come to public notice..
Weren't the frontier people already suffering and raising voices about it? I'm not talking about that Congi video, but multiple animal herders, common people, ladakhis and himachalis have already started to raise voices.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
What :rofl:

The only case action won't happen if when Modi is sure we will lose to China. And this means military we don't have the correct picture.
The choice is cut and dry to him: Fight China and keep public respect for at least attempting to defend borders. Don't fight China, and end up in the dustbin of India's political history with all the other "bade ghazis" who thought they are destiny's children and "yug-purush"

Indrajit

Country flag
News says Microsoft is in talks to buy Tik Tok.

To me this just shows where US allegiance actually lies.

US - China can come to agreement on things and then China will happily stab us.
Not simple. TikTok will either be banned or forced to change ownership. That is what is happening. Hardly a welcome development for China or Chinese companies.

ByteDance was previously seeking to keep a minority stake in the US business of TikTok, which the White House had rejected. Under the new proposed deal, ByteDance would exit completely and Microsoft would take over TikTok in the United States, the sources said. Some ByteDance investors that are based in the United States may be given the opportunity to take minority stakes in the business, the sources added.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
I don't know if you have ever followed the statement, when he said that they have not entered our territory, he was referring to only the galwan valley incident and not the situation in Ladakh as a whole, this was specifically clarified by the PMO I don't know why people chose to ignore the fact whenever someone brings up the statement from the PM.
Why don't you post the clarification where PMO admits China has entered anywhere New in Ladakh, in last 6 years.

LDev

Country flag
The PLA Rocket forces have hundreds of SRBMs, mainly DF-15s with a range of 600km--900km that can reach many Indian cities and towns in the north and east including Delhi and Kolkatta. I think that India has to be prepared for the fact that the PLA will adhere to no code of conduct at all if their barbaric behavior at Galwan is any indication and has to be prepared for SRBM attacks on the civilian population. Because China will use that as a coercive tool to put pressure on Indian citizens to clamor for stopping the war. These conventional SRBM attacks will not cause massive casualties but will cause panic, similar to the Iran Iraq tit for tat missile exchanges in the 1980s.

Synergy

Country flag
I don't know if you have ever followed the statement, when he said that they have not entered our territory, he was referring to only the galwan valley incident and not the situation in Ladakh as a whole, this was specifically clarified by the PMO I don't know why people chose to ignore the fact whenever someone brings up the statement from the PM.
exactly.
he started that speech with "wanha" or there. later PMO clarified. I don't understand, why still we are having that confusion?

Sehwag213

Country flag
The PLA Rocket forces have hundreds of SRBMs, mainly DF-15s with a range of 600km--900km that can reach many Indian cities and towns in the north and east including Delhi and Kolkatta. I think that India has to be prepared for the fact that the PLA will adhere to no code of conduct at all if their barbaric behavior at Galwan is any indication and has to be prepared for SRBM attacks on the civilian population. Because China will use that as a coercive tool to put pressure on Indian citizens to clamor for stopping the war. These conventional SRBM attacks will not cause massive casualties but will cause panic, similar to the Iran Iraq tit for tat missile exchanges in the 1980s.
India should warn China if their missile hits Indian cities , we will blow off 3 Gorges dam

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
If China attacks Indian cities.. most Chinese shipping will be hit and sunk.. so, the chinese will not think about hitting Indian civilian population until the war starts going badly for them..

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
China will not do Civilian strikes. Its a waste of a Missile with no immediate benefits but massive international condemnation.

Also India can also fire missiles from its Eastern coast, kolkatta into Chinese Eastern Coast overflying Burma

BeEverVectorMan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Lol. You’re the one who’s name calling. Trust me, if I start calling you names, you will cry. ‘Idiot’. 🤫😒
Also stop posting fake news. With absolutely no evidence. Unless you’re here to intentionally spread misinformation.
There was news that India lost helicopter mysteriously some month back which instant came in my mind hence I had posted

Sanglamorre

Country flag
exactly.
he started that speech with "wanha" or there. later PMO clarified. I don't understand, why still we are having that confusion?
Because, it was done with an intent. How many people watch PMO speech Vs MEA statement?

Modi is a seasoned politician. He didn't make a mistake in his speech. He said that to fool people into thinking intrusion happened nowhere. The MEA statement was covering it up next day with a much smaller, niche audience so that the number of people believing him previous day is nowhere equal to the number of people getting the clarification the next day, yet PM has an escape route.

Even the virtuous Yudhisthira did the 'Ashwsthama hata, iti gaja' ruse. Guess what? His lie made his chariot that used to fly four fingers above the ground
touch the soil. Modi has done something similar. We're yet to see what happens to his chariot.

airtel

Country flag
Maharashtra government isn't investigating properly and Cong is alliance partner there. This is a very big issue in Bihar .

And I thought the lakhs of workers who losts their jobs and forced to migrate to Bihar from rest of the India with the help of Sonu sood would be a bigger issue .
Poor condition of conrona centers , unemployment , economy would be issues .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles